Autopsy Don't Lose Perspective

Remove this Banner Ad

No. Just a few short months away.
They will come out breathing fire.
They are a close group - they got embarrassed on Saturday.
You don't lose such great achievement over 10 years in one game.
Big, big lesson.

Great way to ensure we are never ever complacent again.

They could of learnt that round one tho

I meant long way to another grand final presuming we get there

They could of learnt that round one tho

I meant long way to another grand final presuming we get there

SS

We dominated the comp this year - so did Hawthorn.
They had 2012 burning - you can never tell how that motivates, but we found out the hard way.
That's now our advantage.

I see no point in sledging players, coaches etc. If they were so perfect, we would have won the last 10 flags in a row.
But compare us to Ninthmond, Norf, Demons - we are very well placed.

As fans, we have a right to be gutted, but there is so much upside in my opinion.

SS

We dominated the comp this year - so did Hawthorn.
They had 2012 burning - you can never tell how that motivates, but we found out the hard way.
That's now our advantage.

I see no point in sledging players, coaches etc. If they were so perfect, we would have won the last 10 flags in a row.
But compare us to Ninthmond, Norf, Demons - we are very well placed.

As fans, we have a right to be gutted, but there is so much upside in my opinion.

I suspect you are correct will take mesome time to get there

I think we just had a too easy run to the GF. Everything went swimmingly. Luck seemed to follow us. We were like hikers ascending the peak in shorts and t-shirts on a nice sunny day. When the blizzard came we were totally unprepared.

I think we just had a too easy run to the GF. Everything went swimmingly. Luck seemed to follow us. We were like hikers ascending the peak in shorts and t-shirts on a nice sunny day. When the blizzard came we were totally unprepared.

I agree with this - but also we dont have enough mongrel. when buddy had lake elbow him in the head not a single player went over to tell lake he was going to have a long day if he did that and not one went over to stevic and said if this is how you intend to umpire this game you need to know what the consequences will be - that we will be hitting everyone of their players late and hard to the head all day.

instead mitchell elbows rohan no response, hanners buried by roughy no response, lake and spangher both hit buddy no response.

it was like a private school team playing against sale or colac - we just didnt have any real idea that the game could be played that way.

When Jetta got the knock to the head I'd have expected half of our players to remonstrate with the umpires and at least one or two to give the Hawks players a good thumping. Nothing. We rolled over and took it. It's like we were terrified of giving away frees while they knew the umps would let them do what they liked. There should have been an all in brawl at 1/4 time just to reset 'the mongrel', then Game ON !

lake basically smashed franklin into the ground and i think more hawks player turned up to help lake rather than a swan stick up for their man main

bloods culture my rear end.

Occasionally i have positive thoughts though, i think we need to overcome this effing hawks hurdle but we arent alone there

i think the teams below us largely cant catch us bar Port, Freo maybe, north possibly? doubtful

we need to regroup work hard and come out and win next year which we can do.

Buddy needs to get a flag for sydney or the deal is a bust

lake basically smashed franklin into the ground and i think more hawks player turned up to help lake rather than a swan stick up for their man main

Occasionally i have positive thoughts though, i think we need to overcome this effing hawks hurdle but we arent alone there

i think the teams below us largely cant catch us bar Port, Freo maybe, north possibly? doubtful

Sometimes you have to poke a dog with a big stick to get the mongrel out of him.
The Hawks did that.

I'm looking forward to the response in 2015.

This club has built too much to fret it all away over one game. I also saw Buddy's face afterwards - not happy. He'll be unstoppable next year with a full pre-season.

As for aggression, I saw what umpires did to us against Freo and Razor a few years back. They would just say we lost our heads.

I'm still confused on whether it was how poor we were or just how good the hawks were. Probably a mixture of both but I don't think that I can remember a game where all the hawthorn gun players played so well together.

Would have they beaten any team ever the way they played on sat?

What worries me is hawthorn have just delivered the blue print needed to beat us. The way they used their 3rd man up and their running lines through our press were phenomenal. I think they have been watching us for a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be able to narrow it down to our first three goals that would be it. So maybe 20 seconds worth. If we wanted to stretch it to 22 seconds we could show jettas best moments with it.

• Nobody want to remonstrate with Lake or get in his face which i thought was a disgrace neither when Hodge elbowed Rohan in the face another disgrace.
  • Richmond, Port, Hawthorn are the only teams we have to worry about next year, barring a walkout of players from the club we will easily finish top 4
  • Part of me is worried for several players and how they go from that performance my god Jetta sorry but that was worse than a Pearce and Ballantyne of 2013
  • I can accept a bad day at the office and losing by 25-30pts while showing some fight in the game but ultimately be outclassed in the end we showed NOTHING WTF from a side that finished 1st.
  • See a win on the weekend would of taken all the pressure off the Buddy deal a instead now it grows for 2015 just as Franklin wage does.
  • Getting more angrier at the performance as the days go on which should supposedly get better.
  • Performance like that deserves a apology from the club some folks i know forked out 4 figures to go and watch that tripe.

• Nobody want to remonstrate with Lake or get in his face which i thought was a disgrace neither when Hodge elbowed Rohan in the face another disgrace.
  • Richmond, Port, Hawthorn are the only teams we have to worry about next year, barring a walkout of players from the club we will easily finish top 4
  • Part of me is worried for several players and how they go from that performance my god Jetta sorry but that was worse than a Pearce and Ballantyne of 2013
  • I can accept a bad day at the office and losing by 25-30pts while showing some fight in the game but ultimately be outclassed in the end we showed NOTHING WTF from a side that finished 1st.
  • See a win on the weekend would of taken all the pressure off the Buddy deal a instead now it grows for 2015 just as Franklin wage does.
  • Getting more angrier at the performance as the days go on which should supposedly get better.
  • Performance like that deserves a apology from the club some folks i know forked out 4 figures to go and watch that tripe.

True hawks would issue an apology for a shite effort at least kennett would of

We will bounce back i reckon, watch the haters write us off

The Jetta situation worries me, he's never re captured that form of 12. I really thought he was starting to improve in the second half of this season but that gf was terrible. Ballantyne was the same last year but has turned that into an all Australian place this season. Can jetta do the same? I doubt it, he has one year left on contract is he worth trading now whilst we still might get a second rounder from freo or wce?

Absolutely.
We need to get past this.
Players and coaches will respond.
No point bitching about it - it's done.

I'm back, and while I'm still bitterly disappointed in the team's performance like all of you here, I agree with this. History suggests we can bounce back:

The Swans cannot afford to drop with the talent they have. It would be delusional to think that all is over. The Swans cannot afford to be the Power of 2008. They lost the grand final by the biggest margin in history, which would affect their 2008 season as they dropped from second to 13th.

That year, the Hawks beat the Cats, who overcame every obstacle except the last. How did Geelong respond? By winning the 2009 premiership, finishing second in 2010 and being beaten by eventual premiers Collingwood in the preliminary final before capping off a premiership win in 2011.

Football history says it is possible to bounce back after such a defeat. Essendon lost by 83 points in the 1983 grand final. They would win the minor premiership and the cup the following year. In 1985 they backed this up, avenging 1983 by beating the Hawks by 78 points.

In football, resilience is king. Those who bounce back from adversity can achieve glory.
That is what the Swans must be able to do. Find heart and hope in what was, other than the final game, a strong season.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/09/29/the-swans-arent-finished-history-suggests-theyll-bounce-back/

Alright I'll move on let's get the recruitment/drafting threads happening. Positive thoughts from here on in. This time next year we'll be celebrating! Go swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back