Doom Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Rockliff, redden and rich will be 30 by the time we become relevant. That is depressing

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
They're what 23, 24? They'll still be around. We should just forget about anyone over the age of 26 however.

I really sympathize with you guys. We are gradually coming out from five years of pain. Having been the recipient of some awful blowouts, it was nice to be on the opposite end for once.

The worst part of our bad times was the injuries that came with them. At one stage we had none of our leadership group on board due to injuries. You are in a similar place.

The big turnaround for us has been getting quality administration, a quality coach, and a quality fitness coach. You seem to be getting the admin in order now, at least, and I don't really have much idea about the other two. Your coach seems to be saying the right things though.

I enjoyed yesterday's drubbing, but feel for you. Kruezer hobbling back trying to defend a goal attack was not a good sight.

My advice is to get enjoyment watching your youngsters develop, and still go to every game to support the players.
Try 1 finals series since 2005 and look at what we're heading into :L

I was, but based on Matthews becoming involved and hearing of changes at the top. Don't hear much down here in SA. Will look closer.

We love Lethal, but when he started running for the board it was under the "Fresh Start" team which he actually tweeted was board member x,y & z out and Paul Williams as Chairman. The AFL (Vlad) got involved, threatened to withold funding if the club went to an EGM vote and helped install the incumbent chairman's business partner straight in as chair and apart from appointing Lethal sweet FA else. Sadly it would appear to many that zero has changed from an Admin perspective. Our CEO is not up to the role and I'd suggest neither is the vast majority of our board. Given my connection with your coach I have followed the turn around of your club, but that has been based upon having the 4 C's in place (Chair, CEO, Coach and Captain) and all working together. Sadly at the minute we have nothing from the top 2, No.3 would be wondering what he has got himself into and nothing onfield from No.4.

Appreciate your thoughts but don't give our admin a blind tick because they have to wear a significant portion of why we are were we are.

Seems like we signed up as members this year to a package of torture once a week for 22 weeks (give or take...)

Seriously though, what ever happened to our favourite Leigh Matthews saying, i.e. in football things are never as bad or as good as they seem.

Gee that is being tested right now with a lot of us, but we will get over it and so will the team. It is a long road back to the top, but to muster up my inner Churchill all I can offer is blood, toil, tears and sweat.

For those history buffs amongst us here is the actual quote from Churchill's speech in May 1940 after becoming Prime Minister and a few days after the Nazis invasion of France (of course it is more than a little absurd to offer it up as an example of our current ordeal, but gee you can see the parallels):

I would say to the House as I said to those who have joined this government: I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat. We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of suffering. You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs—Victory in spite of all terror—Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Brown turns in another lacklustre performance, sadly his 250 should be his swan song.
We've been rebuilding for 10 years now. Time to get serious.

This is the thread in which we discuss ways of finishing the video game Doom in 5 minutes or less.

I thought the record was 16. Tell me your secrets!

I blame him entirely for poor delivery from the mids.
Oh sarcasm my old friend, I know you well.
Don't get me wrong, Brownie has been the source of some of the greatest joy this game can offer but in this day and age, forwards need to be able to offer something defensively as well (Roughead sets the benchmark for this).
I kinda feel that as soon as the ball hits the deck or the opposition have it, big JB isn't in the contest.
Like everyone else (non-Lion fans, too), I'd have loved to see him go out on his terms but I don't know if that will be the case.
I blame him entirely for poor delivery from the mids.

Oh sarcasm my old friend, I know you well.
Don't get me wrong, Brownie has been the source of some of the greatest joy this game can offer but in this day and age, forwards need to be able to offer something defensively as well (Roughead sets the benchmark for this).
I kinda feel that as soon as the ball hits the deck or the opposition have it, big JB isn't in the contest.
Like everyone else (non-Lion fans, too), I'd have loved to see him go out on his terms but I don't know if that will be the case.

But said with a smile on my face!
Browny can hardly turn on a farthing but I refuse to blame him for anything at the moment. In fact to blame individual players for a our performance, as is seemingly popular at present, seems an exercise in futility to me. When a team loses all 3 games at the start of the season and then going into the 4th selects a team that was doomed to lose just by the very nature of that selected team then when one makes short sharp post calling for Brownies demise based on a complaint about 10 years of rebuilding to me this hardly makes a point IMO.

It would be great if Brownie was the defender he once was but then nowadays the fact that he is having to defend for long periods of the game by going far too far up the ground is an indictment on our forward entry from our mids. Get the ball to him and the other forwards in a better way. Once that happens I will then judge Brownies defensive performance.

But said with a smile on my face!
Browny can hardly turn on a farthing but I refuse to blame him for anything at the moment. In fact to blame individual players for a our performance, as is seemingly popular at present, seems an exercise in futility to me. When a team loses all 3 games at the start of the season and then going into the 4th selects a team that was doomed to lose just by the very nature of that selected team then when one makes short sharp post calling for Brownies demise based on a complaint about 10 years of rebuilding to me this hardly makes a point IMO.

It would be great if Brownie was the defender he once was but then nowadays the fact that he is having to defend for long periods of the game by going far too far up the ground is an indictment on our forward entry from our mids. Get the ball to him and the other forwards in a better way. Once that happens I will then judge Brownies defensive performance.
Fair point and I hope I have to eat my words this weekend.

This is the thread in which we discuss ways of finishing the video game Doom in 5 minutes or less.

IDKFA about what you are saying...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back