PC DotA 2

Remove this Banner Ad

camon mate dota 2 is just a stop gap until Diablo 3 is released, once that comes out I'll be surprised if it doesnt cream the profit margin of dota 2 one thousand fold.

I wouldn't, Diablo 3 is sounding worse and worse.

- Real money auction houses
- No offline mode
- Always online DRM (if you're in a place with no internet or the Diablo server goes down you can't play the game at all)
- 4 players reduced from 8 player co op
- The leaked footage is extremely bland and boring.
- Torchlight 2 comes out soon :)

I wouldn't, Diablo 3 is sounding worse and worse.

- Real money auction houses

- No offline mode
- Always online DRM (if you're in a place with no internet or the Diablo server goes down you can't play the game at all)
- 4 players reduced from 8 player co op
- The leaked footage is extremely bland and boring.
- Torchlight 2 comes out soon :)

100% optional though. And no harm done, if you are lucky enough to find a rare item chuck it on the AH for real money.

As for DRM, Blizzard Servers never go down unless they take em down..and where in the world doesn't have internet?

100% optional though. And no harm done, if you are lucky enough to find a rare item chuck it on the AH for real money.

As for DRM, Blizzard Servers never go down unless they take em down..and where in the world doesn't have internet?
If you're not at home and want to play on a laptop, if your power is out, if your internet goes out etc. The Blizzard servers could get hacked like the Ubisoft servers were and you couldn't play AC2 at all.

Here's a quote from one of the Diablo 3 producers.

"I want to play Diablo 3 on my laptop in a plane, but, well, there are other games to play for times like that."

Not good enough.

If you're not at home and want to play on a laptop, if your power is out, if your internet goes out etc. The Blizzard servers could get hacked like the Ubisoft servers were and you couldn't play AC2 at all.

Here's a quote from one of the Diablo 3 producers.

Not good enough.

That quote is like saying "go buy Torchlight 2".

The good thing about it is that it will lead to a 100% cheat free environment. I'd rather they went about it another way, but it won't stop me from buying.

The auction house is OK by me also, at least in theory. Blizzard aren't selling items themselves (although they are making money via a fee per item sold, I believe), so it shouldn't affect the way the game has been designed. However, if it affects the way people play the game in a detrimental way, then obviously I'll have a problem with it. We'll soon see, I guess.

Stop polluting DotA 2 goodness with your filthy Diablo 3 shoddiness.

1 MILLLLLLION DOLLARS!

Don't understand why people are so excited about 1 million dollars, you aint winning it, you don't have get a chance to win it :s

For me it shows that it will be the competitive MOBA game. It will have all the big teams and all the financial backing. This means it will also have a larger player base, demand for balanced gameplay, and because of it's exposure valve will be forced to keep it well updated.

It's a massive win-win situation for both professional and casual players.

It will only thrive if people decde to watch it over Hon and Lol.

Valve can't keep throwing $2million tournaments if no one wants to watch it. COD:BO has all the big teams and a large player base but no one really cares about the pro scene... and the game still isn't balanced

Im a PC gamer idiot, but im not winning a million bucks so why should I be like AMG 1 MILLION DOLLARS FOR A TEAM TO WIN THAT IM A FAN BOI OF

So, what are you saying? That we shouldn't even discuss it because it doesn't involve us? It's not like anyone made a big deal out of it, its simply a point of discussion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just wanna see some game play :(

I think the in game UI looks s**t house.

dota2highres.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back