Melbourne: Port Brisbane Saints GWS WCE
North: Hawthorn Gold Coast Geelong Essendon Brisbane
Port: Adelaide Collingwood Fremantle Geelong Melbourne
Richmond: Sydney Geelong Collingwood Essendon Carlton
St.Kilda: Geelong GWS Western Bulldogs Melbourne Adelaide
Sydney: GWS Fremantle Hawthorn WCE Richmond
WCE: Fremantle Sydney Essendon Gold Coast Melbourne
Western Bulldogs: Hawthorn Adelaide Brisbane Saints GWS

Using the AFL criteria of clubs only being able to play a certain amount of games against teams from other groups on the ladder and keeping in mind the AFLs desire to bring back blockbusters while also maintaining the traditional Derbies, Showdowns, Q Clashes & Bridge Battles, I've come up with a possible fixture for next years double up games for each club.

As a result I'd like to get feedback from supporters of all 18 clubs. How would you feel if you club had the double up games as shown above?

I tried to be as fair as possible to all sides, by trying to maximise games against teams in their own group while also minimising the amount of games that teams at opposition ends get to play against each other. Obviously things like the Q Clash mean that Sydney get GWS twice, but their other double up games are against sides that finished top 9. While sides like the Saints & Dees who struggled badly to be competitive at times towards the end of the year get 3 double up games against other bottom 6 sides.

I'd be happy with those double ups for the Swans, but I would rather play North twice instead of Richmond, since we played Richmond twice this year and haven't played North twice since 2009.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back