Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One morning I want to open up this thread and see this . . .

images

Three weeks??????? That is not a WADA compliant penalty. This is just like all those years where we hated on the East Germans and the Chinese for systemic doping programs and condemned them for being a nation of cheats nek minut its us!

Is Tanya up in Sydney taking notes.
I can just see her audience with Saint James on return.
"Oh, James."
"It's Saint James now Tanya, and don't you forget it! What do you have to report from up north?"
"It's all good news, Saint James, we could get off free next time around."
"Now that is good."

Three weeks??????? That is not a WADA compliant penalty. This is just like all those years where we hated on the East Germans and the Chinese for systemic doping programs and condemned them for being a nation of cheats nek minut its us!

ASADA are nothing more than toothless tigers - it's embarrassing watching this unfold in front of the world sporting bodies

What about when Mark M posed the question, "when is someone going to accept responsibility?"

And little replied with the arrogant and patronising, "it would be convenient to just deliver one head to the block, wouldn't it?"

Yes it would Paul. But really your whole board and football department should be dismissed. Should have been ages.

The bullying arrogance is astonishing, only matched by the enormous capacity for self-deception.

Well Little would love to serve up Dank's head on a stick but inconveniently for Little and EFC that would only serve up a whole bunch more EFC staff and player heads!

How long before the Weapon gets his pay day to keep quiet?

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news...-to-accept-sixmonth-bans-20140821-106qv2.html
"If Essendon wait until the Federal Court's Justice John Middleton brings down his decision in the club's case that a joint AFL/ASADA investigation was unlawful, the offer will be withdrawn."

Smart of ASADA putting it straight on to the players - six months or risk a bigger penalty. Will be interesting to see if players take it up and ignore the club

What is a 6 months ban though? Is that all of 2015 or just the 2014 finals and the off season? Pack of cheats deserve 2 year bans.

If it means they cannot train, then they would be pretty useless for most of the 2015 season anyway. If they can train, even in secret, then, yes, it is pretty much a Clayton's ban.

6 months would be close to best case scenario for Essendon.

Remember, Essendon's program encompassed an entire list over the course of almost 12 months. Cronulla had a handful of players given substances over the course of a few weeks, and had the Doc shut it down.

Hird, Bomber, Reid and Co pretended to care, but let the jabbing continue for months.

What is a 6 months ban though? Is that all of 2015 or just the 2014 finals and the off season? Pack of cheats deserve 2 year bans.

While I agree 100%, I think we need to finish this now. At this rate, the legal action may take another 2 years, and the last thing we want is the whole damn saga being headlines for that time. I know it was probably Essendon's tactics to wear everyone down, but it needs to stop.

Why not offer the players 6 months bans on the condition that:
1. Essendon is excluded from the 2014 Finals;
2. All coaches and medical staff banned for 2 years from now, Hird and Thompson included.
3. Every award for the past 2 years is voided, especially the Brownlow.

We can go back to hating them as a football team, not as drug cheats.

6 months would be close to best case scenario for Essendon.

Remember, Essendon's program encompassed an entire list over the course of almost 12 months. Cronulla had a handful of players given substances over the course of a few weeks, and had the Doc shut it down.

Hird, Bomber, Reid and Co pretended to care, but let the jabbing continue for months.
Cronulla haven't taken ASADA to court either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I agree 100%, I think we need to finish this now. At this rate, the legal action may take another 2 years, and the last thing we want is the whole damn saga being headlines for that time. I know it was probably Essendon's tactics to wear everyone down, but it needs to stop.

Why not offer the players 6 months bans on the condition that:
1. Essendon is excluded from the 2014 Finals;
2. All coaches and medical staff banned for 2 years from now, Hird and Thompson included.
3. Every award for the past 2 years is voided, especially the Brownlow.

We can go back to hating them as a football team, not as drug cheats.
Sure points 1, 2 and 3 are all punishments but surely they have to have some sort of substantial games missed? Apart from the Brownlow medal, they are basically getting a one week ban. Had the court action not gone ahead they bans would already be in place and so actual games would be missed.

Sure points 1, 2 and 3 are all punishments but surely they have to have some sort of substantial games missed? Apart from the Brownlow medal, they are basically getting a one week ban. Had the court action not gone ahead they bans would already be in place and so actual games would be missed.

Again, I agree, they deserve a substantial penalty.

But the whole thing has to stop. The legal action can drag on if Middletons judgment leads to appeals etc. it may still be going while all these players are getting old and retiring from the game.

If they take 6 month penalties now, they will forever be known as drug cheats.

Bastards

It was interesting in the article that they don't believe WADA will accept six months as being sufficient.
It's all a little mute atm as Gillon is denying that he has received anything from ASADA
I also notice that most of the NRL players have accepted the deal - that again throws the cat amongst the pigeons imo and could lead to a little unrest amongst bomber players - they could of already served their time

And I wonder how Ahmed Saad is feeling right now, seeing those meatheads from The Shire serve what is effectively a 3 game ban.

It was interesting in the article that they don't believe WADA will accept six months as being sufficient.
It's all a little mute atm as Gillon is denying that he has received anything from ASADA
I also notice that most of the NRL players have accepted the deal - that again throws the cat amongst the pigeons imo and could lead to a little unrest amongst bomber players - they could of already served their time
Once the players have admitted taking performance enhancing drugs wada can fight for a higher penalty. :thumbsu:

And I wonder how Ahmed Saad is feeling right now, seeing those meatheads from The Shire serve what is effectively a 3 game ban.

What about that VFL player who got a 2 year suspension?
He ordered peptides from overseas but it was intercepted and he never actually used them.

I guess he's not a high profile player and it doesn't matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back