Draft consensus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
Hi guys, i have been itching to put this up for over a week now but have been unable to due to a bloody suspension by the geelong board admin ****!

I was thinking that it is time to exploit our expertise and come up with who we will actually draft! I propose to do this by taking down everybody's preferences for our 1st (5 points) and 2nd picks (2 points). I believe there are quite a few people in the know and by tallying the results we should get a good idea as to who will be drafted in 10 days time! Failing that at least we will know who is favoured by the pies supporters :D

How about I kick it off:

1st pick - Xavier Ellis (A tough choice between Kennedy and X-El, i dont believe Kennedy will slip to pick 5 hence the swallow pick)
2nd pick - Andrew Swallow (Thie pies love taking incomplete players and trying to improve them re. his kicking)

1st pick - Kennedy
2nd pick - Ellis (I believe he could slip to here, with carlton/hawthorn picking from hurn/ryder)

#2 J.Kennedy
#5 A.Swallow

Only problem is they are WA boys and may want to go home someday.

im a wa guy and a massive wrap for the locals of the past 4yrs but has to be

ellis @ 2
kennedy @ 5

if we are lucky that is top 10 could go anywhere

swallow is one of the best young men you will ever meet but not that highly rated when you consider the quality of talls also on offer, will go 10-15 imo (cant remember which cllub has what picks)

So MM and Balmey's statements mean nothing?
"We will look at taking quick mids with our first two picks"

I suppose they could be playing ducks and drakes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murray said:
So MM and Balmey's statements mean nothing?
"We will look at taking quick mids with our first two picks"

I suppose they could be playing ducks and drakes

exactly right, balmey is the biggest bull******** artist the world has ever seen. except maybe for sheedy but at least he gives abit of entertainment value

magpies42 said:
geeez you guys are a tough audience i was expecting more replys than this

Alright here is mine based on what I have read not what I know.

#2 - Kennedy
#5 - Swallow

After looking at shannon hurns draft screening results id definately take him at 5.

so my top 2 has to be: Ellis and Hurn

Can someone please explain to me why we need Kennedy?

Yes, he may be good, but we have no problems in our tall department. I think it is suitable to draft two midfielders with our first two picks, because it is the only part of the ground where we lack class and speed.

We are going backwards if we go for talls in the draft!

Coin_Toss said:

Yes, he may be good, but we have no problems in our tall department. I think it is suitable to draft two midfielders with our first two picks, because it is the only part of the ground where we lack class and speed.

I think it is a case of going for the best available. ANd we sure has hell need some talls in defence. We have been very lucky with injuries to our backline players. and i think its time to start thinking about replacing wakes, clement and presti. We need one more quality tall to do this and if happens to be pick 2 or 5 then we'll take it.

Coin_Toss said:

I believe malthouse stated while he was at the draft camp, he would be considering quick mids and talls... After last seasons pickups Im quite confident that our recruiting department will pick the best players on offer, that will suit our football club.

There arent that many decent talls in the draft, so do not be suprised if we use one of those top 2 picks for a tall

So far we have ellis with an overwhelming 44 points. kennedy and hurn tied at 23 and swallow on 8. It seems to me that ellis is a certainty to be picked with most likely pick 2, as for the rest i not going to predict just in case more ppl want to put there predictions up.

ps. for those of you who put eg hurn/muston as a pick i chose the first option!

cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back