Mega Thread 2014 Drafts complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pick 23 for essentially Frost, ANB, and McDonald was a huge move looking back. Two players rated by some as top 25 picks plus a huge ready to go KPP in Frost for one pick. The kind of move that can make or break a trade period. Hopefully it's make!

http://hurlingpeoplenow.tumblr.com/post/103702114242/consensus-mock-draft-draft-day-final-edition

This is a page of all the phantom drafts combined. Neal-Bullen was tipped to go at 21, O.Mcdonald at 25. We got them at 40 and 53. Couldn't be happier with this year's draft.
Those two are amazing pickups to be so late.

In Stretch and ANB we have the two most highly touted mids out of SA.

Yesterday feels like a whirlwind tbh. Not getting too far ahead with Petracca and Brayshaw as both need to build a tank but as the big bodied prototypes that Roos loves so much, it's very hard not to get excited about what they will bring.

The list is looking in remarkably better shape than it was 2 years ago. Taylor and co should be congratulated.

Fk off, Eddie. Plz! (he scares me) -

"Who'd you barrack for?" - "Collingwood" - "Ahh! You're not far, mate. Stay there for 2 years then come over to the westpac centre. I'll piggy back you over" - "haha, if you want. ...nah." - :O

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/news/2014/11/2014-nab-afl-draft/

lil-wayne-no.gif

Fk off, Eddie. Plz! (he scares me) -

"Who'd you barrack for?" - "Collingwood" - "Ahh! You're not far, mate. Stay there for 2 years then come over to the westpac centre. I'll piggy back you over" - "haha, if you want. ...nah." - :O

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/news/2014/11/2014-nab-afl-draft/

The correct answer from Petracca should've been along the lines of "Get knotted Eddie, the filth can get stuffed. See you at the Queens birthday massacre next year". Click.

Glad for personal reasons that we didn't draft Marchbank

And yes Eddie can go and get stuffed, i don't care wether it was in good gist, stuff him!

The correct answer from Petracca should've been along the lines of "Get knotted Eddie, the filth can get stuffed. See you at the Queens birthday massacre next year". Click.
It's just Eddie being a campaigner. He'll know as well as anyone that Petracca has been bombarded by media and is a good chance of saying something that he might not mean. He's an experienced operator, there just isn't any excuse for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's just Eddie being a campaigner. He'll know as well as anyone that Petracca has been bombarded by media and is a good chance of saying something that he might not mean. He's an experienced operator, there just isn't any excuse for it.

Yeah, I probably should've put a smilie thing in there, not having a go at Petracca, he's clearly a kid who needs a bit of media coaching (obviously) which is fine but it'd be beautiful to have heard him adopt the 'Collingwood is the enemy' stance and give it to Eddie. I'd have gone to work with an even bigger smile then!

MFCSS time: rumours that the Petracca clan and Melbourne do not see eye-to-eye reported by McClure on AW tonight =/

They did family interviews pre-draft. Apparently the Petraccas (read: Christian's parents) were/are very concerned about Melbourne's development standards. Can't say I blame them, but still pretty average to hear.

MFCSS time: rumours that the Petracca clan and Melbourne do not see eye-to-eye reported by McClure on AW tonight =/
It's widely acknowledged that our development team was a disaster for many years, but we've had a massive cleanout and new, qualified people have come in with a proven track record (especially Roos and MacCartney). The Petracca clan needs to suck it up and see how it goes.

They did family interviews pre-draft. Apparently the Petraccas (read: Christian's parents) were/are very concerned about Melbourne's development standards. Can't say I blame them, but still pretty average to hear.
If true, they have every right to express concerns, just as the club has every right to allay those concerns, which I'm sure they would have. Not everyone is aware of the extent of changes to the club in the last 18 months.

Next.

Does anyone think this draft has most likely ended Jack Trengove's AFL career? Jack will be out of the game for the next year at least, and in the meantime we have this crew of new bullocking midfielders that will be developing as footballers while Jack is trying to get fit. I can't see any other club taking a chance on Jack either after the Richmond debacle. I hate to say it, but I think his AFL goose might be cooked.

Would take that with a grain of salt, they may have mentioned to Taylor, Viney and co about the previous failed draft picks at Melbourne and why it happened etc, no doubt Roos would have put them at ease and explained the changes that have been put in place to ensure it doesnt happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back