Mega Thread 2014 Drafts complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the Angus Brayshaw highlights on MFC website. A few snippets I had seen before but there were others I hadn't - including an EPIC smother and some bone-crunching tackles. Do yourself a favour and watch it if you haven't already!

MFCSS time: rumours that the Petracca clan and Melbourne do not see eye-to-eye reported by McClure on AW tonight =/
Ollie wines was devastated to go to port Adelaide

Not much of a problem now

I have no dramas with that , if development is still an issue in 2 years the club may as well fold anyway

They did family interviews pre-draft. Apparently the Petraccas (read: Christian's parents) were/are very concerned about Melbourne's development standards. Can't say I blame them, but still pretty average to hear.

Perfectly valid concerns, and I'm sure (being a wog family) that they were probably overly protective of Christian.

I think we've turned a corner and hopefully he fulfills his potential.

What's with the casual use of the term wog? A lot of people find it quite offensive.

The least you could do is capitalise it!

I thought the majority of the euro community had adopted it and use it themselves now

I know a lot of wogs who call themselves wogs

They did family interviews pre-draft. Apparently the Petraccas (read: Christian's parents) were/are very concerned about Melbourne's development standards. Can't say I blame them, but still pretty average to hear.
Jay Clark article on fox footy reads like they were reasonably thrilled.

" With Christian in bed, the who’s who of the draft converged to talk shop deep into the night, but it was the bubbly Petracca family who were at the heart of the action. They belted out a rendition of the Demons’ “It’s a Grand Old Flag” theme song and celebrated mum Elvira’s birthday in style after her youngest son graduated to the AFL. Dad Tony was thrilled at the irony of Christian going from a Saint to a Demon"

http://m.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-p...-and-the-convert/story-e6frf3e3-1227139461640

Last edited:
How good does it feel to draft 3 footballers and just the one work in progress in McDonald

The hyphen may not be the quickest but the kid can play footy
As Geelong proved in the triple premiership era speed of mind an ball movement can make up for lack of leg speed
ANB was third in the 3km time trial and 5th in the beep test, whilst averaging 20 disposals playing senior SANFL footy. Whilst not quick, will be at tasty odds for the rising star.

He is a massive steal.

ANB was third in the 3km time trial and 5th in the beep test, whilst averaging 20 disposals playing senior SANFL footy. Whilst not quick, will be at tasty odds for the rising star.

He is a massive steal.

Yep, like him because he is a footballer.

Got a bit of Dane Swan about him for mine. Does nothing special, has no jaw dropping attributes but somehow always finds the footy and uses it well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, like him because he is a footballer.

Got a bit of Dane Swan about him for mine. Does nothing special, has no jaw dropping attributes but somehow always finds the footy and uses it well.

That's why I love this draft, you could say the same about brayshaw aswell but he is a little more elite at it

Petracca the X factor to our midfield means viney can go back to the basics of see ball get ball while Tyson can concentrate on getting pure clearances either by foot or hand

With blokes like Kent, Lumumba, Garlett, Watts and hopefully toumpas we will have some leg speed on the outside aswell

What are people wanting in the rookie draft?

Wouldn't mind another KPF. Was surprised to see Tyler Keitel overlooked.. If he's again missed in the PSD I'd like him for rookie pick 2.

And if Tapscott is taken from us, another running half back would be nice; Daniel Capiron for example.

you know now that i think about it this draft turned out quite nicely for the draftees as well

Pertracca and Brawshaw are buddies

Stretch and Neal-Bullen are good friends

And Oscar of course joins his brother Tom

What? The rookie draft is the ideal place to look for needs.
Not Really, most rookie picks don't make it so if you want to target a specific need then you should be looking at it earlier in the national draft.

There aren't many key forwards that are of any quality taken outside the top 20 picks so I would say there is a reason Keitel was overlooked at this stage and if we are drafting him for a need I think it's a mistake.

The best chance of getting a rookie player to become a quality player is by taking the best available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back