Mega Thread Draft Day Supermegaultrathread - It's finally here

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
#11: Very happy with Duggan, confident he'll be a fantastic player. Personally favoured Weller slightly but Duggan's superb skills, composure, smarts and pressure will be a terrific addition. Expected Laverde to slide to #17 but for Essendon to initially overlook him was a shock! Can't wait to see how Cockatoo goes. Hopefully he thrives down at the Cattery, would love to see him prove the doubters like myself wrong and become a star, will be great to watch. Garlett to the Suns makes sense. Such an incredibly talented midfield so it makes sense to add cherry to cherry.

#32: Have to admit I'm really not a fan of Lamb. Pre-draft really rated him as arguably the most probable high draft pick bust selection. Has huge potential however, hopefully West Coast can harness his potential! Really gutted that we overlooked Blakely (and extremely jealous they got both him and Weller!) but at the end of the day Lamb was a big slider and could be anything so judgement is reserved until then! Felt like Carlton overreached for Boekhorst but they must really like him.

#51: Happy with Nelson. Potential to be good big bodied, dual sided inside midfielder. Only one I would have preferred is Cavka who somehow lasted til our fourth rounder! Whilst I don't mind McGovern I prefer our selections to him so I'm happy we didn't take him as a second rounder. Great to see Caleb Daniel get a go too!

#66: Watch out Chris Masten and Andrew Gaff this guy will give you some great competition as the best endurance runner! Would have been more than happy with Cavka as a second rounder let alone here! Endurance beast with good size and competitiveness. Proven big game player too. A great selection. Honestly relieved that Smith wasn't on the board. Hopefully we can nab one of Abbott, Markov, Lim, Fordham, Hislop, Watson or Buykx-Smith in the rookie draft!

Overall a good draft for West Coast.
Felt like Melbourne and Saints smashed it and really made the most of their high selections. Crows, Pies and Suns did reasonably well, unfortunately Essendon rocked it and I really liked Freo's selections whilst Menadue and R.McKenzie were steals for the Tigers.

You can see the upside with lamb. He can shoot bullets off his foot and make the right plays but * me 3 out of the 4 times i saw him play he was atrocious. If you can put all the good bits together he could be a great player but mentally i don't think he's there and his handballing is horrific. I would put him in 1 on 1 drills with schofield and tell him unless you can beat this guy you aren't getting a gig. Forward, back or in the middle.

Can't wait to see Duggan play 200+ games he was the player i most wanted. Lamb and Cavka were absolute steals. Nelson looks the goods also. Happy days!

How many picks do we have in the rookie draft?

Surely wont take Lucas now we have picked up similar type players in the draft?

Im all for Abbot, Keitel, Panos, or Cripps.

Also if we like a couple of players from the rookie draft can we delist anymore players currently on our list to enable us to take more rookies?
Only one rookie pick

List lodgements have been finalized so no more delistings

Edit: I think we can delist a player but we would have to pay out his contract and it would be included in our 2015 salary cap

You can see the upside with lamb. He can shoot bullets off his foot and make the right plays but **** me 3 out of the 4 times i saw him play he was atrocious. If you can put all the good bits together he could be a great player but mentally i don't think he's there and his handballing is horrific. I would put him in 1 on 1 drills with schofield and tell him unless you can beat this guy you aren't getting a gig. Forward, back or in the middle.
A few phantoms mention that he 'put too much pressure on himself' - whatever that means.

Maybe he just needs to get his head fixed?

i love how many feel we did real well in the draft and here we are having a meltdown

Well who knows more about our club. The people who watch it week in week out and know the most about it's playing group and weaknesses..

Or Paige, who does phantom drafts predictions a few times a year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lamb is the upside of this draft for mine. Didn't even have him into my 2nd round calculations, thought he'd go in the 20's for sure.

Lots of ties to victoria with both his father and grandfather playing AFL and all that jazz. Forget Gaff, i think Lamb will be the brunt of go home rumors.
Didn't his grandfather Ian Cooper, who he is apparently very close to, have a stint with SD after finishing with the Saints or am I thinking of someone else? If so, that would give him a connection with WA.

Well who knows more about our club. The people who watch it week in week out and know the most about it's playing group and weaknesses..

Or Paige, who does phantom drafts predictions a few times a year?

Isn't she a TAC Cup commentator aswell as a Pies recruiter (at some point)?

Isn't she a TAC Cup commentator aswell as a Pies recruiter (at some point)?

Probably. Bottom line is, i daresay she knows jack s**t about our club apart from the brief look at our list she might have before adding the information into her writeups. On talent alone she might think we've come out winners, but as for addressing our list and premiership success, what would she know?

Probably. Bottom line is, i daresay she knows jack s**t about our club apart from the brief look at our list she might have before adding the information into her writeups. On talent alone she might think we've come out winners, but as for addressing our list and premiership success, what would she know?
She might not know as much about our club but she'd know more about the draftees than most here despite her penchant for over glowing appraisals so if her opinion is that we got 4 quality players then fair cop

She might not know as much about our club but she'd know more about the draftees than most here despite her penchant for over glowing appraisals so if her opinion is that we got 4 quality players then fair cop

She is also of the opinion that rainbows shine out of every draftee and that they do not possess a downside. Fair cop.

You can see the upside with lamb. He can shoot bullets off his foot and make the right plays but **** me 3 out of the 4 times i saw him play he was atrocious. If you can put all the good bits together he could be a great player but mentally i don't think he's there and his handballing is horrific. I would put him in 1 on 1 drills with schofield and tell him unless you can beat this guy you aren't getting a gig. Forward, back or in the middle.

I'm using this rationale to comfort myself - it's obvious the recruiters can see his flaws if we can and they must think they are fixable if they were to take him so low. One thing you can't teach is x factor and uncanny ability which he does seem to possess.

Just watched Duggans highlight video on youtube for the 1st time, reckon a few on here will be made to eat there words pretty quickly. The kid looks a gun!! His kicking, and precision passing look elite.

I think we all still mad that Cockatoo was gone when we had all built ourselves up for him.

Duggan has All-Australian written all over him for mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back