Mega Thread Draft Day Supermegaultrathread - It's finally here

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who would you replace in their side?

Josh Kennedy, Parker and Heeney are their inside mids and are all better than Mitchell
But last season when there was a position available they still didn't play him (when not injured).

Point being he is excess to their needs but still very talented and probably undervalue at the trade table.

Is Yarran back on the cards now? He'd have currency for Carlton who i think will be going the full rebuild after this season.

I'd have Yarran in a heartbeat, straight swap for Selwood and maybe even a pick upgrade... Boom done.

Selwood is a free agent so how exactly would we trade him to anyone?

Read that Carlton are super keen on Darling.

Darling for Yarran + Cripps?

Darling for Yarran + their first rounder? Pick 2>4?

With Lamb + McGovern + Kennedy + Le cras would losing Darling be a price worth paying?

Tough call that one.

Not sure if it's been posted here yet, but nice goal by Jarrod Garlett on the weekend. Differently done, but almost Cockatoo-esque. Much smaller, but who knows, he could be just as good (or better).

That was Yarran/Selwood all over again.

Great goal by Garlett, despite Hamish's usual cringe worthy commentary.

Early at this stage would take Ah Chee and Jordan Snadden or Mitch Antonio

Hopefully we get another first rounder for Scott Selwood.

Don't think we will get a 1st rounder for Selwood, will be lucky to get a 2nd via FA & can't see any club offering 1st rounder as a trade.

I did include FA in my post. Selwood was crap last year due to being injured, has only played one ordinary game so far this year & can you see anyone offering him a massive contract? The FA compensation has been watered down, unless you happen to be Melbourne who has lost the player.

I did include FA in my post. Selwood was crap last year due to being injured, has only played one ordinary game so far this year & can you see anyone offering him a massive contract? The FA compensation has been watered down, unless you happen to be Melbourne who has lost the player.

Its all about the size of the contract he receives. A broken down Dale Thomas netted Collingwood a 1st round pick. If Geelong offer a contract of the same size we'll get a 1st rounder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since then they have stated that FA compensation wouldn't be as generous & the Daisy contract was reportedly close to $700k a year over 4 years. Do you really think Geelong will offer anything close to that?

Selwood is a free agent so how exactly would we trade him to anyone?

Read that Carlton are super keen on Darling.

Darling for Yarran + Cripps?

Darling for Yarran + their first rounder? Pick 2>4?

With Lamb + McGovern + Kennedy + Le cras would losing Darling be a price worth paying?

Tough call that one.
I'd Trade them Kennedy back but not Darling

Early at this stage would take Ah Chee and Jordan Snadden or Mitch Antonio

Hopefully we get another first rounder for Scott Selwood.

You reckon Selwood will leave?

He hasn't been the same player since 2011/2012, if we got a first rounder for him from FA compo we should take it and run..

Since then they have stated that FA compensation wouldn't be as generous & the Daisy contract was reportedly close to $700k a year over 4 years. Do you really think Geelong will offer anything close to that?

I've seen no such reports. I've only seen reports that there is no change. Frawley got a first round pick. Michael Rischitelli got an end of 1st round pick. Colin Sylvia got pick 23! I think we are going to do okay.

You reckon Selwood will leave?

He hasn't been the same player since 2011/2012, if we got a first rounder for him from FA compo we should take it and run..

Might be win/win/win. Our medicos can't get him right. He plays with his brother and a 2nd chance to get his foot right. We get a 1st round pick.

I wouldn't be trading Darling, maybe we could package up 2 or 3 of our midfielders and hope someone gives us one second round pick for them.

I've seen no such reports. I've only seen reports that there is no change. Frawley got a first round pick. Michael Rischitelli got an end of 1st round pick. Colin Sylvia got pick 23! I think we are going to do okay.
lets hope so,cant see him leaving but if he did a first rounder would be awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back