Premiership Player
May 29, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
Gday guys.
I hosted a draft league last year and to set up the order of the draft we just used a deck of cards but I was hoping to have something a bit more interesting this time around.

Something skill related or challenging.

any ideas?

B6zdEuXCYAAq77b.jpg

Or tabasco sauce Russian roulette.

Or reverse ladder order.

Or, rather than gaining pick #1, you would instead gain first choice as to which pick you wanted. Could get very interesting if there's an early log-jam in a snake draft, particularly if you don't use captains.

Last edited:

Yeah it's a hard call. Do you want 1 and 19 or 10 and 11 etc etc.

I'd love if there was no predetermined draft order as well, and you had to create your own. I think this would reward coaches with extra skill and knowledge.

Depends when the draft is, but:

Step 1: Buy Beers
Step 2: invite everyone over on the NAB grand final day
Step 3: Put all players numbers from 1 or both teams into a hat (color coded of course)
Step 4: Pull out a number, that players yours (you could give everyone 2 players)
Step 5: Highest scoring DT player for the grand final gets the number 1 pick, 2nd highest gets 2nd pick etc..... In case of 2 players per person, your highest scoring player counts

Use a snake draft as well, so much better!!

Bit late now, but for my league I picked a US college division and randomly assigned the players a womens volleyball team. The ladder order at the end of the season is the draft order for our league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back