Draft Pick 58: Lachie Neale

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: FFC Welcomes Pick 58

if he and ballas are running through the midfield, they're gonna be handfuls.

Sounds decent

Nice bit of research there. I particularly like the comment about "a touch of the Sam Mitchell's" by Dietriche (?).

An inside mid with disposal like Mitchell's. If the kid turns out half that good he'll be an absolute steal.

Turns out he's only a couple of cm short of Mitchell (177cm vs 179), and he's grown 2cm in the last 6 months. There's some chance he might grow a little more and with the leap he's got, even if he doesn't grow more, he might even play as tall as a 6 footer.

Wow. Flying to SA and spending time with a collingwood supporter, that dedication to your family!

Tell me about it. Thank god for open bars.

Violent (ie prone to getting attention from the umps) aggressive, or just aggressive at the ball?

Does sound like someone we need. Getting hapier with this pick.

Aggressive at the ball. No signs of Campbell Brown type of meathead (apart from the incident where he stuck up for his mate). Good attack on the ball and if I am not getting mixed up with another kid, he seemed to love laying a tackle too.

Nice bit of research there. I particularly like the comment about "a touch of the Sam Mitchell's" by Dietriche (?).

An inside mid with disposal like Mitchell's. If the kid turns out half that good he'll be an absolute steal.

Turns out he's only a couple of cm short of Mitchell (177cm vs 179), and he's grown 2cm in the last 6 months. There's some chance he might grow a little more and with the leap he's got, even if he doesn't grow more, he might even play as tall as a 6 footer.

Dietrite is listed as a Freo supporter on here too - he must be happy with the pick

He reminds me a bit of Nathan Foley. by the sounds of it doesn't have his turn of pace but he look like him a bit short stucky pasty looking little fella. He does sound pretty impressive though and i had never even heard of him until we called his name out. Just shows that you dont have to use early picks to get good small players ala Newman to the eagles.

lachie.jpg

Some leap on the boy...Short legs :D

Jebus! Are you sure he jumped for that mark or did someone throw him?

Looks like Yoda fighting with Palpatine.

I don't know Lachie and haven't seen him play in person but his old man was a close family friend who coached me as a youngster (while ago now) and Lachie sounds very similar to him. He had a great leap and grab on him, was very skillful, lot of confidence in his own ability and most of all, had a fantastic drive to succeed.

I don't think you can under rate doing well in SANFL finals, of which he was Glenelg's best player in the Elimination Final. He also performed very well at the champs. Think you might just have a gem here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know Lachie and haven't seen him play in person but his old man was a close family friend who coached me as a youngster (while ago now) and Lachie sounds very similar to him. He had a great leap and grab on him, was very skillful, lot of confidence in his own ability and most of all, had a fantastic drive to succeed.

I don't think you can under rate doing well in SANFL finals, of which he was Glenelg's best player in the Elimination Final. He also performed very well at the champs. Think you might just have a gem here.

Thanks KR :thumbsu:

Played against his old man and know his mum well too, don't know Lachie but if he is anything like his dad he'll be ok, his father was a champion country footballer and has coached a lot too, also him and Alex Forster would be friends i'd reckon, because Alex dad would know Lachies dad pretty well, if Alex is anything like his father then you have two good players.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back