Game Day Draft predictions and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting to see that looking through the nomination list for the draft obviously Deluca and Morabito nominated and i also see Ballards name so i hope someone throws him a rookie lifeline but there is no Craig Moller, i thought every player would nominate just to see if someone throws them a lifeline

I'm still hoping that Ballard gets picked up in rookie or preseason draft, reckon Duffy might get a rookie spot somewhere as well. My grape vine told me Moller had a bit of attention from a few clubs but wanted sometime away so pulled out. IMO these three had a bit off talent but sometimes you need a bit of luck as well.

Can we have this guy as a Cat B plz? 215cm and 125kg o_O

Link Kabadyundi

10360026.jpeg

arrow.gif
Class:
Sophomore
arrow.gif
Hometown:
Montreal, Canada
arrow.gif
High School:
Alma Academy
arrow.gif
Height / Weight:
7-1 / 275
arrow.gif
Position:
C
arrow.gif
Experience:
1L

2014-15 | FRESHMAN SEASON
Kabadyundi saw action in 15 games during the course of the year, including six Big 12 games ... Scored a season-high 12 points on 5-for-5 from the field, while also grabbing a career-high six boards against the Delta Devils ... Also notched a season-high 20 minutes of action in early November, while blocking three shots against MVSU ... Recorded five minutes at Baylor to open the month of February, totaling two points against the Bears ... Also saw action at Iowa State, Texas and Oklahoma State ... In all, tallied five or more minutes in six games in 2014-15 ... Post an eight-board outing against Grambling State.

PRIOR TO TCU

Kabadyundi, a Montreal native, competed at Alma Academy in Quebec where he averaged 10 points, 12 rebounds and 3.5 blocks during his senior season ... the athletic big man with a huge upside competed for Team Canada at the 2013 NIKE Global Challenge and was heavily recruited by several programs.

8212519.jpg
20140130-054311.jpg

Can we have this guy as a Cat B plz? 215cm and 125kg o_O

Link Kabadyundi

10360026.jpeg

arrow.gif
Class:
Sophomore
arrow.gif
Hometown:
Montreal, Canada
arrow.gif
High School:
Alma Academy
arrow.gif
Height / Weight:
7-1 / 275
arrow.gif
Position:
C
arrow.gif
Experience:
1L

2014-15 | FRESHMAN SEASON
Kabadyundi saw action in 15 games during the course of the year, including six Big 12 games ... Scored a season-high 12 points on 5-for-5 from the field, while also grabbing a career-high six boards against the Delta Devils ... Also notched a season-high 20 minutes of action in early November, while blocking three shots against MVSU ... Recorded five minutes at Baylor to open the month of February, totaling two points against the Bears ... Also saw action at Iowa State, Texas and Oklahoma State ... In all, tallied five or more minutes in six games in 2014-15 ... Post an eight-board outing against Grambling State.

PRIOR TO TCU

Kabadyundi, a Montreal native, competed at Alma Academy in Quebec where he averaged 10 points, 12 rebounds and 3.5 blocks during his senior season ... the athletic big man with a huge upside competed for Team Canada at the 2013 NIKE Global Challenge and was heavily recruited by several programs.

8212519.jpg
20140130-054311.jpg

We could send Lloyd to have a word to him. Not sure if we can compete with the 10's of millions of $$ he's going to be worth at NBA level though,

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...by-club-analysis/story-e6frf3e3-1227621765705

RILEY BEVERIDGE’S ANALYSIS:
They got the two steals of the draft in Darcy Tucker and Harley Balic. Both were tipped to go top 20, but slid to the Dockers down the order. They then secured two mature-aged prospects. Sam Collins proved himself as one of the best intercept defenders in the WAFL last season, while Shane Yarran is a lively small forward who kicked more goals than anyone in the WAFL in 2015.

Just catching up with the news etc. I'm so out of the loop at the moment so it's all a bit vague to me, but Yarran is an interesting one that many of us would have had a chance to see.

Obviously the history is a bit sad (to put it one way), but talking pure footy he's good value for a pick in the 60s. And I disagree with many around him labelling him a small fwd. He's not a big power fwd of course, but he can play quite tall from the odd bit of WAFL I've seen. I'm not sure how that will translate at AFL level, but with a bit of space, he has nice hands, good timing and isn't a midget to begin with and will take a grab 1-on-1 when it's there. He's a genuine medium who can play both small and tall if needed from the little I know.

Most defenses in the league lining up against SonSon, Ballas, Yarran, Pav and whoever else is floating around in there wouldn't be taking it too lightly. Especially if we can get a unit like Hannath in there getting the ball to ground level.

Could work out nicely.

We could send Lloyd to have a word to him. Not sure if we can compete with the 10's of millions of $$ he's going to be worth at NBA level though,

Doesn't look like he'll make it in basketball - he transferred out of TCU to finish up at a two-year junior college that doesn't even play in the NCAA. So he'd probably be gettable, and is noted as being an athletic freak. That kind of leap on a player two inches taller than Sandi and possessing go-go-Gadget arms is bloody scary...

Doesn't look like he'll make it in basketball - he transferred out of TCU to finish up at a two-year junior college that doesn't even play in the NCAA. So he'd probably be gettable, and is noted as being an athletic freak. That kind of leap on a player two inches taller than Sandi and possessing go-go-Gadget arms is bloody scary...

If their exam grades are not up to standard they can get moved on, nice idea though put him in the forward 50 and kick it on his head.

Chris25

A penny for your thoughts.

I'll write more when I'm home tomorrow, but I was pretty happy. My rankings had Balic at 10 and Tucker at 12. So how could I not like the draft?

The interesting thing is how few KPPs were taken outside of the top 25 or so. We're somewhat restricted having committed to Morabito and DeLuca already, but there are certainly options for us in the rookie draft.

I'll write more when I'm home tomorrow, but I was pretty happy. My rankings had Balic at 10 and Tucker at 12. So how could I not like the draft?

The interesting thing is how few KPPs were taken outside of the top 25 or so. We're somewhat restricted having committed to Morabito and DeLuca already, but there are certainly options for us in the rookie draft.

How many rookie spots do we have left if we account for them Chris? I have lost track.

Would like another local tall rookie like Glass-McCasker or Jimmy Williams.

Last edited:

Right. I don't know anything about him, I don't have time to follow college ball any more just read what you posted and saw TCU, who are nothing special, but have fairly serious College NCAA program - just assumed he was a prospect.

Left field?

We were linked to two mature age key position backs. We would have taken at least one of Adams or Brown if the dogs didn't. No doubt imo.

We missed them so we went for another mature age key position back. We identified a need pre draft and we filled it. Im not sure if we would have taken Collins if we took Adams imo.

I have been saying for the past 3 years that the Hawks VFL side I'ds full of players who can t get a regular game and other clubs should be raiding them. No coincidence that we have appointed Hale and Guerra as Assistant coaches,both of who understand the Hawks system and all of a sudden we have taken one of their fully trained up rookie key defenders.
In Collins highlight reel, Hale is actually playing in some of the games so he would know what he is like and probably made a recommendation to the recruiting staff.
Grimley's would probably be the same so worth a look in the rookie draft.

I have been saying for the past 3 years that the Hawks VFL side I'ds full of players who can t get a regular game and other clubs should be raiding them. No coincidence that we have appointed Hale and Guerra as Assistant coaches,both of who understand the Hawks system and all of a sudden we have taken one of their fully trained up rookie key defenders.
In Collins highlight reel, Hale is actually playing in some of the games so he would know what he is like and probably made a recommendation to the recruiting staff.
Grimley's would probably be the same so worth a look in the rookie draft.
I noticed this the couple of times I watched them play this year too. There are some really good kids in that side, and being a proper affiliate of the AFL side it means the Hawks are able to develop them properly to make Box Hill as competitive as possible. Almost like having their own academy for mature age players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-04/2015-draft-phantom-form-guide

I think this article might be a nice view at who we have picked up this draft but for those short on time, this is where our draftees fit in Callum Twomey's Top 20 as of July 4th this year:
AM-3603-Phantom-Form-Guide8.jpg

AM-3603-Phantom-Form-Guide12.jpg

For pick #38 and pick #27 - respectfully.

In modern AFL terms that is 2,880 points drafted for 1,168 points. A net benefit of points equal to the value between pick #6 and pick #7.

He had them both in the mix for the number 1 pick at the start of the year too.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-01-21/early-draft-analysis

"Who are the early contenders for pick No.1?
Of course, plenty can and will happen throughout the year to determine the first selection. And this time last year, Paddy McCartin and Christian Petracca, the two contenders for St Kilda's first pick last year, were no certainties to be that high.

Right now there are a few names worth keeping an eye on throughout the year as possible early selections.

Tucker is a strongly built, professional and dedicated player who was an All Australian last year, and Weitering's growth spurt – he added 14kg in a year to now be 194cm and 94kg – has seen him become a true key position prospect.

Schache, a 198cm key forward, could also come into calculations. Ah Chee's pace and skill will excite, Parish has some spark to him and Harley Balic can turn a game in the forward line. He's one to watch."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-04/2015-draft-phantom-form-guide

I think this article might be a nice view at who we have picked up this draft but for those short on time, this is where our draftees fit in Callum Twomey's Top 20 as of July 4th this year:
AM-3603-Phantom-Form-Guide8.jpg

AM-3603-Phantom-Form-Guide12.jpg

For pick #38 and pick #27 - respectfully.

In modern AFL terms that is 2,880 points drafted for 1,168 points. A net benefit of points equal to the value between pick #6 and pick #7.

No one knows how well the new players will go in their careers because it depends on how they take to their new elite environment.

However, this guy spends more time than most looking at the new players and is as good a media judge as any. So potentially, we may have gotten a couple of players who really could show something. Glad they know each other too, will help with home sickness.

No one knows how well the new players will go in their careers because it depends on how they take to their new elite environment.

However, this guy spends more time than most looking at the new players and is as good a media judge as any. So potentially, we may have gotten a couple of players who really could show something. Glad they know each other too, will help with home sickness.

I'm starting to wonder if that's just coincidence or something intentionally looked for by our recruiting team (or maybe a bit of both), because we've drafted a few in recent years that have some sort of prior friendship. I always like hearing that they're coming with some sort of acquaintance/friend; as you say, just gives me a bit of ease knowing they're not coming to the other side of the country without knowing a soul.

Whilst I didn't rate him, I am a it surprised that Ballard didn't get another opportunity late in the rookie draft. I guess the mail that Port wanted him was bullshit.

I'm starting to wonder if that's just coincidence or something intentionally looked for by our recruiting team (or maybe a bit of both), because we've drafted a few in recent years that have some sort of prior friendship. I always like hearing that they're coming with some sort of acquaintance/friend; as you say, just gives me a bit of ease knowing they're not coming to the other side of the country without knowing a soul.

Think it is just that the guys get to know each other in the underage development squads, not necessarily mates, but I am sure it helps the young ones settle. Our retention rate is outstanding in any case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back