Draft Prospects training at North: Nakia Cockatoo, Sean McLaren

Remove this Banner Ad

from the drafts board

22 - St Kilda
Sean McLaren (VIC - Sandringham Dragons)
Position: Key Forward / Ruckman
H: 197cm W: 91kg
DOB: 10/1/1996
McLaren is a very agile ruck prospect who really will need to bulk up to take the step to the next level. He has a good leap on him and he had an impressive u18 champs in 2013 rucking behind Michael Apeness. He seems to have so much clutch, he isn't afraid to take a risk and go in for a big pack mark in the dying minutes of a close game or take a shot on goal under pressure - which he just doesn't seem phased by.

and from an ntfl rising stars write up
Southern Districts – Nakia Cockatoo
Nakia Cockatoo, son of NTFL champion Jason, is a very highly-rated prospect. As a current AIS-AFL level two scholarship holder, Cockatoo would love a big season in the hope of getting drafted next year. He is another versatile footballer in that he is more than comfortable in a number of different positions on the ground. The young Croc got a taste of senior football with NT Thunder this season and acquitted himself well. Cockatoo is a coachable and hardworking footballer which will hold him in good stead in the future.

Angus Brayshaw

spiderman_crying.gif

I assume Angus is Mark's lad? If so the only way is up.

We were something like 60 games short of having him as a F/S.

It is of course well known that we were 39 games short of having Josh Kelly as a F/S as well.

Selection committees in seasons past needed a crystal ball. Kasey Green played 36 games for us. Watch his kid be the consensus #1 overall pick & the most highly touted best rated prospect of all time.

We were something like 60 games short of having him as a F/S.

It is of course well known that we were 39 games short of having Josh Kelly as a F/S as well.

Selection committees in seasons past needed a crystal ball. Kasey Green played 36 games for us. Watch his kid be the consensus #1 overall pick & the most highly touted best rated prospect of all time.

Even worse would be Darcy Clayton son of Shane:eek: who we had to endure play 99 games for us, ends up being the new Carey:confused:

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

from the drafts board

22 - St Kilda
Sean McLaren (VIC - Sandringham Dragons)
Position: Key Forward / Ruckman
H: 197cm W: 91kg
DOB: 10/1/1996
McLaren is a very agile ruck prospect who really will need to bulk up to take the step to the next level. He has a good leap on him and he had an impressive u18 champs in 2013 rucking behind Michael Apeness. He seems to have so much clutch, he isn't afraid to take a risk and go in for a big pack mark in the dying minutes of a close game or take a shot on goal under pressure - which he just doesn't seem phased by.

and from an ntfl rising stars write up
Southern Districts – Nakia Cockatoo
Nakia Cockatoo, son of NTFL champion Jason, is a very highly-rated prospect. As a current AIS-AFL level two scholarship holder, Cockatoo would love a big season in the hope of getting drafted next year. He is another versatile footballer in that he is more than comfortable in a number of different positions on the ground. The young Croc got a taste of senior football with NT Thunder this season and acquitted himself well. Cockatoo is a coachable and hardworking footballer which will hold him in good stead in the future.

David Hille likes this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'd have to consider patching up the 1 game for qualification if the kid was Jaeger O'Meara good.

I think this has much merit. Re-draft the ex Roy Boy and then play him off the bench for one game some year soon.

Of course if he has no children or worse still just daughters (who are champion athletes), then the idea starts to look a bit average.

Even worse would be Darcy Clayton son of Shane:eek: who we had to endure play 99 games for us, ends up being the new Carey:confused:

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
His bio would surely read ball winning inside animal that loves the tough stuff.

His bio would surely read ball winning inside animal that loves the tough stuff.

Of course it would and wins 7 Brownlows.

sent from my Atari using Tapatalk

Laidley was the one that played 99 games.

Heard his son is ok player as well.

Special consideration should be taken as he coached us and reamed us at the sometime. :p
I went to school with his son and saw him play a couple of times. He's average at best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back