GrandBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Anyone else anticipating this? I'm a huge fan of Dragon Age: Origins, and so far, the early signs of this game are positive.

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Age_III:_Inquisition
BioWare is planning on fusing elements of both earlier games in the series, Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age II, into the creation of Dragon Age III.

Combat is also expected to differ somewhat from its predecessors and focus more on a player's ability to prepare, position and form a cohesive team with his or her party members, requiring fewer repetitive finger strikes but better thinking. The armour customisation will differ from both Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age II, in that each party member will have interchangeable armour pieces that will customise the look according to its specification and class.They will also refrain from reusing environments, a common criticism of Dragon Age II. Cinematic designer Jon Perry said that "one level in Dragon Age 3 is as big as all of the levels in Dragon Age 2."

Ray Muzyka, the CEO of BioWare, said in an interview with Wired.com that Dragon Age III would be influenced by more open world games, such as The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, which BioWare is "checking out aggressively."

BioWare will use a brand new engine which will use Frostbite 3 as a foundation.

It has been confirmed by David Gaider that the Game will feature "multiplayer in some form." It is not known yet what the Multiplayer element will be.

Producer Cameron Lee has implied that there may be some form of "castle-controlling" mechanic.

One map in the game is apparently going to be 4-5 times the size of Ferelden. Yeah, this game is going to be enormous.

Can't say I'm too thrilled to hear about multiplayer though.

Looking forward to it. My biggest gripe with Dragon Age 2 was the map was too small, so i'm very happy they're making it huge.
I loved Origins though.

Agree on multiplayer. It's better as a single player game.

I hope they don't step too far away from the feel of the other games. While a bigger world is great, I still hope it has the same general mechanics of the previous titles. I love open world games, but Origins and DA 2 felt great how they were.

Loved Dragon Age Origins and did enjoy DA2 - though the recycled areas, less interesting/likeable companions and general story felt not as epic as DAO and all made it not as enjoyable as the first one overall.

The castle mechanic is something I'm interested in seeing more info on. Not crash hot on the multiplayer push though - why do EA always need to include multiplayer!?!

Lot of talk of this being a next gen game - wonder if this will have save game integration from 1 & 2 included (and if so, how would they integrate this onto a future gen console).

Wonder if they will follow on from the Mages vs Templars war that was set off by the events in DA2? I wonder which characters may return or if they will go with a new group. Not enough details - I guess E3 is when we will get a lot of press.

Wonder if they will follow on from the Mages vs Templars war that was set off by the events in DA2? I wonder which characters may return or if they will go with a new group. Not enough details - I guess E3 is when we will get a lot of press.
This is in the link in the OP.

BioWare mentioned that the main plot will be "saving the world from itself." The plot will involve an all out war between mages and templars, the foundations of which comprise the main plot of Dragon Age II.

Awesome :) DAO was a great game and one of the games of the year. I am glad that they are making it bigger than DA2. They really need to create great characters. DAO had a really great array of characters. DA2 barely had any great one.

This is in the link in the OP.

Awesome!! Hopefully it's very clouded and not very black and white (so it makes choosing which faction you want to side with more difficult).

Dragon Age 1 was great.

DAII did have good gameplay and some great characters. It's a shame EA rushed it out before it was ready. Having the one city and the one dungeon over and over for the whole game was stupid.

Looking forward to 3, I hope EA let Bioware finish the game this time.

Lot of talk of this being a next gen game - wonder if this will have save game integration from 1 & 2 included (and if so, how would they integrate this onto a future gen console).
There will be save game integration, this is confirmed.

Dragon Age 1 was great.

DAII did have good gameplay and some great characters. It's a shame EA rushed it out before it was ready. Having the one city and the one dungeon over and over for the whole game was stupid.

Looking forward to 3, I hope EA let Bioware finish the game this time.
What is slightly concerning is that they're releasing it later this year, only two years after the last installment (DA2 came two years after the first). IIRC, Origins took around 5 years to develop, & considering how much bigger the game is going to be, I get the feeling it's going to lack a bit of polish in certain areas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There will be save game integration, this is confirmed.

Wonder how they will go about it - especially if people play it on next gen consoles. Maybe the save file can be uploaded to a cloud server (like the PS Plus offers - I'm sure there would be an equivalent xbox live feature?) and then be downloaded again.

originalw0szx.jpg

originalrvsgt.jpg

originalezsn3.jpg

originalassys.jpg

Might measure up to Origins, in which case I will be very happy. This, total war and witcher 3 should have me settled for 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back