Multiplat Dragon Age III: Inquisition

Remove this Banner Ad

There were some scattered around the area. IIRC I saved one outside the herbalists shop (I think) for when I went to face the boss.
There was like 2 for the whole quest, from war room to end. Thought it was crazy. Can you ever get more than 8 potions? Any perks or something that allow it?

but his restriction with Bianca is crap when other rogues can get much better weapons earlier than him.
I respecced him as a dagger guy, I liked him too much not to have in my party.

There was like 2 for the whole quest, from war room to end. Thought it was crazy. Can you ever get more than 8 potions? Any perks or something that allow it?

There is an inquisition perk that increases capacity by 4.

Yes, you can get it up to 12. it's in Forces perks I think, I might be wrong. You need 4 points in that group before you can get it though. Just check the list, not sure if it is Forces.

20 odd hours in and finally getting my head around this game. Worked out the crafting and weapon upgrades, think I was originally trying to craft a dual blade grip for a dagger lol.

Huge game, 20 hours in and haven't even gotten to the boss battle described on the previous page :eek:

Probably going to pick this up next week. Time to figure out what character to start as. Was thinking a rogue as I played a tank and a mage in the last version. But sounds like a lot of people liked playing as a mage

Rogue has had a lot of negativity aimed at it from people who have tried it. I tried it on the 1st game and never again will I do it.

The voice acting in this game is terrible. One sentence my guy is happy and calm, next sentence he is yelling with a voice that is completely different to his normal voice. Then the delay in between sentences when the person is cutting the other person off...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trying to get the Deft Hands Fine Tools perk, started buying up perks in the Secrets category as you need 4 of them to unlock it, bought 3 and now all the rest of the perks in that category have become locked. They were definitely available before I bought the 3rd one, whats that all about?

duh.jpg

Haha that could be it actually. Cheers, don't mind me I'll show myself out :oops:

Anyone know if there was going to be any single player DLC for this game?

Nearing my platinum (halfway through my nightmare playthrough). Not sure I'll do a third playthrough (game has too many grinding parts IMO) but might revisit for DLC.

Anyone know if there was going to be any single player DLC for this game?

Nearing my platinum (halfway through my nightmare playthrough). Not sure I'll do a third playthrough (game has too many grinding parts IMO) but might revisit for DLC.

I'll bet my left nut we'll see DLC. Probably as
Hawke's trip to the Grey Wardens. We never actually see him 'die'(if you even chose that option) so there's always an option there.

Spent 5 hours on it last night, probably did 2 actual missions. Just soo much story I have to listen too, and trying to initiate all the companion quests and stuff. Its crazy. Will be a well earned plat though, even if I am going to have to play again because despite having a specialization class, the trophy did not pop :S

Yes, some of the companion dialogue trees can be really hard going. It's sometimes worth your while to skip through the more boring conversations. You can be stuck fart arsing around camp for literally hours at a time otherwise!

Cole just joined the team in my current game. Solas theorised on what he might be. I went over to speak to the lad and chose a dialogue choice like "What Are You?", and Inquisitor says "Solas just explained what you are to me. But honestly, I stopped listening to him after a while. What exactly are you?"

Nearly fell off the couch. Bang on.

Something that struck me as annoying on the new game - I really don't like how you need to start the game properly before you get to muck around with how your avatar looks. If you change your mind on race/class/sex you have to sit through a bunch of loading/connecting to the net/cut scene, it's all very cumbersome. It's not like anything important happens in the game before you pick your appearance, you're just laying on the ground, then you stand up! What's the point?

Can see why character creator is introduced a little later in some games (Mass Effect 2, Saints Row 3 & 4 etc), if there is an exciting opening sequence where you're thrown right into the action, and the avatar's face is obscured the whole way through. But in DA:I nothing happens, and you get a close up of your race's default face! It doesn't make sense. Waste of time if you just want to see if there are any good dwarven beards (three aren't. but there is a BADASS skullface tattoo. You can make a Papa Shango sort of guy if you want!)

What are your thoughts on playing this without playing DA 1 and 2.

I played about 10 hours of DA 1 and enjoyed it but then, like with many video games for me, I drifted off it. Never played DA 2 but didn't hear good things.

I'm generally someone who doesn't like playing games without playing the earlier ones (or watching movies).

What are your thoughts on playing this without playing DA 1 and 2.

I played about 10 hours of DA 1 and enjoyed it but then, like with many video games for me, I drifted off it. Never played DA 2 but didn't hear good things.

I'm generally someone who doesn't like playing games without playing the earlier ones (or watching movies).

I did the same as you, played a bit of DA 1 and skipped 2. I found it fairly easy to follow after a few hours and a quick google of something that confused me often sorted out any issues I had. I definitely recommend it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back