Mega Thread Dream team, Super Coach, Fantasy and tipping

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing that I've hated about this game is how it restricts you to 2 trades around (except major bye rounds). I've got trades let me bloody use them.

Something Like

Reynolds to Elgey
O'brien to GBurgess
Lisone to Fensom
Nabuli to Bird

Would be perfect, but I'll have to go

O'brien to Fensom
Nabuli to Bird

Put Reynolds on the bench for this week, will have to bring in young Trobejvic the following week as well. Really want to start making upgrades. :mad:

Team is now completely stuffed with Graham suspended :mad: (Will keep)

Guess I'll be going
Lisone to Taupau
Guerra to JBird

Which means I'll be holding AReynolds as well. :mad: (Lolohea will start)

Next week
Wicks to Fensom
Kata to Trbojevic

Guess I'll be holding AReynolds for the foreseeable future as I've got plenty of cash and desperately need to get more guns & rookies in my side.

Update:

Now despite my complaints from above I am now ranked 90th Overall. Just goes to show bye planning is key from the end of round 10 I was ranked 5383.

Still plenty to improve on: Poor Captain choices, from now on if a player is out for 4 weeks they will be a definite trade (foolishly held Graham up until the end of R13) and lastly I probably traded in Taupau and GBurgess a little too early and should've got some of the better guns first.

Going to trade hard over the coming weeks and try and get a full 17 for both R17 & R18 (In which I'll hopefully make some serious progress) :thumbsu:

Congrats Broar. I'm sitting just outside the top 1k, will be happy with a higher finish than last year which i think was in the 900s
Cost myself a spot in the top 1000 last weekend by taking the VC off Tedesco just before kickoff, thinking that the Rabbits would dominate with Reynolds back

Congrats Broar. I'm sitting just outside the top 1k, will be happy with a higher finish than last year which i think was in the 900s
Cost myself a spot in the top 1000 last weekend by taking the VC off Tedesco just before kickoff, thinking that the Rabbits would dominate with Reynolds back
Dam unlucky about taking the VC off Teddy. (Thankfully I had it on him).

Still plenty of time to move up, R17/R18 will be tough on many teams.

Thought I'd provide an update, but before that have a look at my Front Row:

bc6430bcb04169e15c9c0ebea2e5ac10.png

Keep in mind that I also have Parker and Gallen in my second row, so heres me thinking things are looking pretty good. Boy was I wrong.

Fifita and his bro allegedly abusing a referee (will certainly be suspended if guilty).

Bromwich involved in a biting incident.

Tolman a late out today.

Taupau swinging arm, sin binned and I'd be surprised if he didn't get a couple of weeks.

Anyway I'm back done to 252 and I suspect I'll continue to fall. (Only one trade left and outside of my top 17, the rest is average)

I've just had far too many injuries and suspensions that have killed me.

And I foolishly didn't own SJ so I missed out on all those monster scores.

Dam frustrating but I guess I've got to plan better in how I use my trades in the future.

Youre having a great season by the looks of it. Im around 1200 but will drop significantly i think - had SJ and left Tedesco as NPR expecting another low score against the Roosters. Also dont have Inglis etc.

Thought I'd provide an update, but before that have a look at my Front Row:

bc6430bcb04169e15c9c0ebea2e5ac10.png

Keep in mind that I also have Parker and Gallen in my second row, so heres me thinking things are looking pretty good. Boy was I wrong.

Fifita and his bro allegedly abusing a referee (will certainly be suspended if guilty).

Bromwich involved in a biting incident.

Tolman a late out today.

Taupau swinging arm, sin binned and I'd be surprised if he didn't get a couple of weeks.

Anyway I'm back done to 252 and I suspect I'll continue to fall. (Only one trade left and outside of my top 17, the rest is average)

I've just had far too many injuries and suspensions that have killed me.

And I foolishly didn't own SJ so I missed out on all those monster scores.

Dam frustrating but I guess I've got to plan better in how I use my trades in the future.
Yep in trouble

Fafita - suspended indefinitely
Tapau - 4 weeks
Bromwich's dog act straight to the tribunal

Thank god i dont need to win my final 2 head to heads to win my league. Overall is going to suffer tho :(

Yep in trouble

Fafita - suspended indefinitely
Tapau - 4 weeks
Bromwich's dog act straight to the tribunal
I'm hoping Taupau takes the early plea and cops the 3 (and I'll just hold him)
But to think the last two weeks I've had the chance to trade him out but I didn't (instead I got rid of Gurgess & Matulino) I just felt Taupau had the potential to go really huge. :(

Fifita - I'll be using my last trade on him, I can't see him playing again this season.

Hopefully Tolmen is back next week & J Brom gets off but even if they are free to play I'm pretty much screwed anyway

As outside of my top 17 the only guys who might play are:
Lovett, Soward, Widdop, Blake, Gray, Hunt & Trbojevic. :eek:

Geez Widdop fell off a cliff didnt he
Haha yep I probably started eyeing him off in R8 as one to bring after he finished his byes due to playing 17 & 18. Yet he started pulling out these massive numbers and balloned in price, I was wary and I should've been tracking player % and just jumped on SJ instead - make him VC each bye week and I'd be laughing but no I was pigheaded stuck to my plans. R16 comes and I trade in Widdop at 436K. Balls.

Perhaps unfortunate but I guess it shows I need to be more flexible and my planning needs to be better.

I will say I've been dam unlucky with my trade ins across the bye rounds - Peats, Ma'u, Segeyaro, DWZ, JDB and now Fifita and Tolman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ouch. Youre doing very well to be still up at 250th after tradibg in that lot.

I managed to avoid most of the later byes carnage but my early bye planning failed pretty badly with Suaso Sue losing his 80min 2rf spot, Glenn Stewart, Reynolds and Simona all getting injured before rd11. Picking up Simona instead of Semi hurts

So guess what I just used my last trade on Snowden. I've just copped so many injuries and suspensions this year but what hurts me the most are the ones that occur early on during a game. Off the top of my head in addition to Snowden I've had Graham x 2, Seggy, O'Neil, Guerra and I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple as well. Please just give me a little bit of luck next season. :(

Did you have Matulino Broar?
No, well not anymore. I traded him in R20 to get Gallen.

At the time I really wanted to go Soliola or Lowe to Gallen but I just didn't have the cash.

So I was pretty settled on Taupau to Gallen but I wasn't impressed with Matulino the previous week and felt Taupau still had the chance to go very big so out went Matulino.

Obviously fuming at that decision in the last couple of weeks but not anymore I guess.

Anyway I'm down in 396th at the moment - I've clearly ran out of trades to soon (But I don't regret it considering where I was)

Taupau's suspension & Snowden's concussion has really hurt me in the last couple of weeks. (Throw in Soliola as well)

Although its forced me to play Widdop which has been very nice.

Seeing as my 4th CTW is one of Hunt, Gray & Blake (ie a lottery each week) I'll now use the C/VC loophole for the rest of the season - hopefully guaranteeing me a great captain score each week.

My front row playing status since R 19.
R20: 3 playing.
R21: 2 playing (including Snowden being KO'd early).
R22: 2 playing.
R23: 2 playing.

Seeing as I rely on all 4 for a strong 17 its been pretty painful.

The whole starting with James Graham in R1 holding him till R14 and than trading him to Tolman has been some nightmare.

Bugger perhaps due to my obsession of my FRF's or maybe it was down to Widdops shocker against the Broncos but I didn't put the R on Widdop and left it on Tolman - has cost me about 80 points.

Had Gallen as captain as well. This is probably another problem that I've had all season, I just can't give the captaincy to a back. :(

I feel like the last few weeks have shown that I needed about 5 more trades for this final part of the season. Just to trade out Soloila, Tolman, Taupau and have a couple left to trade out a few poor performers.

So they've just launched the NRL SC for the final series. From memory last years edition had Jackson & Guerra as 2RF/CTW and thats what they ended up getting for the regular edition as well. So we get a bit of a hint of potential positional changes for next season. However there is only 10 or so sides listed but the obvious changes that stand out to me are:

Peats - Hok/2RF
JReynolds - Hok/5/8
THarris - 2RF/CTW
FMateo - 2RF/5/8
RTS - FB only
Milford 5/8 only

A few nice changes here.

RTS VC :rainbow:

Just noticed between Graham & Tolman they've missed a combined ten matches for me. (Not including their byes either) :cry:

Oh well another season done - finished 611th, how did everyone else go?

Basically fell each week from my season high rank of 90th in R14.

Ended up ranked 2781th overall and won 2/4 leagues.

I was pretty lucky to win 2 leagues considering I had 16 v 17 in both of the ones I won, but Munster and Semi as uniques in both helped.

Overall ranking has been climbing ever since R17, I tanked that round had only 8 players or something and got 500 points and dropped 4500 spots to 10k or so, but have moved up every week except once since then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back