Opinion Dreams about Port

Remove this Banner Ad

A few posts lately had members here talking about Port Adelaide dreams. Here's mine ...

On the overnight bus to the 2004 grand final I woke at about 2am with the last memory of Tredders marking at the 15 minute mark of the first quarter on the boundary, 50 meteres out. IN my dream he slots the goal and the scorecard reads 3.3 to 0.1.

I tell my mate when I awake ... He scoffs :-(
We arrive in Melbourne and meet others for breakfast ... I tell them the story. They humour me. In my seat in the southern stand I tell others around me ... by this time I'm ready for the men in white coats to come for me.

The game begins and we have momentum...kicking a few early goals to settle the team and us fans. As the clock nears 15 minutes Tredders marks on the boundary. The people around me start whispering and looking at me weirdly. ONE asks me "he kicks this doesn't he?" I casually reply "ah-ha...yep".

Tredders kicks our 3rd goal...I am stunned but feel relaxed now ... we were going to win. THE fans nearby are stunned. One asked "we are going to win today aren't we?"

I just said "yep" and smile contentedly.

Have you had any Port theme dreams ?

... did they come true?

Last edited:
I used to often dream that I was on the list but hadn't played for so long that I could barely remember it happening and actually doubted that I ever did play a game. But then I'd get selected in the team and all the players would be telling me "It's great to have you back, we've missed you out there" etc, so I'd start believing yeah I have played, just been injured for a while. Then all of a sudden I'm on the eastern wing at footy park in front of a huge crowd and the ball comes my way. And then I'd wake up. At least half a doz times I've had that one!

I have posted this before but....

I stupidly scheduled my wedding for the VFL Grand Final Day in 1980 and was away for the 1980 SANFL GF against the Redlegs, a game that was promoted to be televised across Australia. As had been pointed out to me, it was, except for Tasmania.

The night before the game I sat bolt upright (the entire body not just a certain part of the anatomy) and said "Norwood".

The next day was an absolute nightmare, watching the ABC covering an Over 40, 50 over cricket game (it might have been an over 50, 40 over game) and waiting for the game to start. It must have been about 7 pm that night when I heard the ABC Radio news announce that we had won the flag.

Two I remember most recently are that we lost to Essendon 310 to 138 :( and even worse, one where Chad Wingard quit playing footy at age 23 :(

Nightmares not dreams there

Last October, I dreamt that my husband, son & I were at this year's Grand Final. We won the premiership & my son was wearing the size 2 Heritage Guernsey his Godmother has given him. I was holding a newborn baby girl. A few weeks later I discovered that I'm pregnant & am almost 16 weeks. Here's hoping 2015 will be a premiership year as well.

After we lost to Gold Coast in 2011, I had a nightmare where the game was continuously replayed but there ended up being a fifth quarter & we managed to scrape home.

The other night I dreamt that we were lucky to get KT, as Glenelg nearly snaffled him as their CEO.