PS4 DriveClub

Sep 18, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Apologies if another thread has been started (couldn't find one)

Developed exclusively for the Playstation 4 by Evolution Studios, Driveclub is all about you and your friends. It’s about teamwork; it’s about everyone fighting for one another and earning rewards together – and most importantly it’s about sharing in the sheer thrill of every race. Enjoy the excitement of high-speed solo racing, or join a racing club to discover what Driveclub is all about. Created specifically with the next-generation gamer in mind, Driveclub leverages the networking power and social capabilities of the PS4 system to seamlessly connect you and your friends, always allowing you to share your experiences, send and receive challenges, and keep up to speed with your team’s performance.
Driveclub brings to life the heart and soul of car culture. An incredible, authentic and immersive driving experience, Driveclub makes you feel the exhilaration of driving the most powerful and beautifully designed cars in the world; all rendered in staggering detail, inside and out as you race them in richly detailed real-world locations alongside your Club.

Some great previews coming out of E3 2014 on this game with game announcements to provide clarity on how this game will function as a primary "social game".

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/06/11/driveclub-gameplay-demo-ign-live-e3-2014

Key features with the game that are clear are:
* Only 6 players per Club
* Only 1 Club per player
* Players earn club rewards, unlocks for the whole club, which means you can log on after a few days and you get all the progress rewards etc...
* Each club will earn perks/bonuses which are unique to the club...ie. if you leave you lose them. But you will gain the rewards of your new club
* Prizes for races increase on the number of players in a race
* It is expected "Elite Clubs" will form which will poach top members from other clubs
* In race points for leveling up "Fame" which goes towards unlocking cars, upgrades etc... for the club (+ points: Drift, Drafting, Position change etc...), (- points: Car impact)
* Lots of invite features with club and friends

Prob missed a fair bit... but I really like the above features[/quote]

Need 1 more guy for my club.

Hell's_satans.jpg

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm not usually into racing games but between this, The Crew, Project Cars and Forza Horizon 2 I'm feeling both a little excited and overwhelmed at the same time. I don't mind tossing in the extra coin on top of PS+ for the full version of Driveclub if it turns out pretty decent.

Nov 26, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Man U, Chicago Bulls, Anaheim Ducks
I'm not usually into racing games but between this, The Crew, Project Cars and Forza Horizon 2 I'm feeling both a little excited and overwhelmed at the same time. I don't mind tossing in the extra coin on top of PS+ for the full version of Driveclub if it turns out pretty decent.
can see why there is no NFS this year, best lineup of racing games in a long long time

Abaddon

Cancelled
Apr 19, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

The graphics in this game are ridiculously good. Each time they show something new it looks better & better. The actual racing is my only worry based on comments from people who played the game at E3 (generic narrow tracks, cars on rails and unrealistic handling and bumping were common gripes). Still a couple of months before release to get it right

Mighty P

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 25, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Roys FFC, Lakers
Saw a good interview with one of the developers on IGN, and was pretty impressed with what e was saying. Was saying how the 50-60 cars in the game have been worked on to a meticulous level to the point where each car has been recorded on race tracks, etc, as well as exact detail of contours of the car bodies and exact interiors of each car. Game is looking good, has got me hyped.

And the fact I can use my driving wheel on it makes me even more happy.

The actual racing is my only worry based on comments from people who played the game at E3 (generic narrow tracks, cars on rails and unrealistic handling and bumping were common gripes). Still a couple of months before release to get it right

I thought it wasn't a sim?

Last edited:
Back