Driving, Busing, Flying to Melbourne and Finals Tickets and Barcode assistance thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Selling 2 tickets in M28 for $120 each. (Bought them at $155 each)

PM me if interested.

Admin delete my comment if I'm breaking any rules. Hoping 2 Port supporters can grab the tickets off me.

Edit: It's for the Prelim not the Grand Final. Sorry Chewy.

Last edited:

If anyone has any barcodes they will not be using for the gf registration for today I would really appreciate any help :)

Probably a good idea to book train trips for the GF as soon as possible. The Overland is not completely sold out for the prelim yet but it looks like they are close to it as not all seat options are available.

Last edited:
Does anyone know of bus services, other than greyhound or firefly, who are still taking people to Melbourne for the prelim?

Does anyone know of bus services, other than greyhound or firefly, who are still taking people to Melbourne for the prelim?
I'm pretty sure there's a vline service from Adelaide to somewhere, then transfer from bus to another or train. Just check vline website

If anyone's still considering flying you should check out the Qantas and Virgin websites - some prices are starting to come down. Still works out to around $550 to $650 return, but better than it was.

One option is over with Qantas on Saturday, arriving just over an hour before game time (yes - don't check in bags and RUN to a taxi!), and then back with various options on the Sunday.

One option is over with Qantas on Saturday, arriving just over an hour before game time (yes - don't check in bags and RUN to a taxi!), and then back with various options on the Sunday.

Big risk. Big, big risk.

Big risk. Big, big risk.
Agreed, but at least it's Qantas rather than say Tiger. Depends on your thoughts on risk & reward!

Think it normally takes 40mins to get from Melbourne Airport to the CBD so it'd be tight, but I reckon with preplanning (maybe even prebooking a private car transfer) people could do it

Agreed, but at least it's Qantas rather than say Tiger. Depends on your thoughts on risk & reward!

Think it normally takes 40mins to get from Melbourne Airport to the CBD so it'd be tight, but I reckon with preplanning (maybe even prebooking a private car transfer) people could do it
40 minutes? Via craigieburn?

20-25 mins tops

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty sure there's a vline service from Adelaide to somewhere, then transfer from bus to another or train. Just check vline website

Cheers for the idea

Unfortunately it won't work for me but i'll let others know the details I discovered.

Ideal for people who:
a) Have Friday off
b) Happy to travel a few extra hours
c) Wanting to save significant money
  • Coach departs Ade CBD @ 7.15am Friday, arrives in Bendigo @ 5.05pm (wait 20 mins for train to Melb)
  • Train from Bendigo @ 5.25pm, arrives in Melbourne @ 7.26pm Friday night
Total travel time: 12hrs 11mins
Cost: $55

Agree - booking a private car would be the way to go but if you miss the 5-10 minutes, it isnldt the end of the world. You wouldn't want to miss the start of the Granny............

The city link? Lived here for 5 years and never had an issue on a Saturday? Friday from 3pm onwards another story....but never Saturday.

Haha drive in about 5pm Friday. Will avoid city link but can't avoid other major roads.

P.s Where is everyone going for a beer beforehand? I was at Fed square when we played Collingwood for a couple quiet ones, whilst watching Port Adelaide highlights on the big screen - was great!

Hey Port fans,
If you don't have tickets for the game, I can nearly guarantee you won't have a problem buying them at the G.
As it is the "series" game, lots of people will have tickets they may not want and will try to sell them.
Last year I was one of them trying to sell and there was nobody wanting to buy.
Again, last year there would have been dozens and dozens of people trying to get whatever they could for them. Half price, whatever.
I ended up not able to even give them away.

Good luck to you this week, and hopefully the week after.
I grew up barracking for Collingwood #1 and Port Adelaide #2.
Williams, Phillips, Abernethy, Bucks, Cahill, etc.

1st thing I'll be doing is having breaky somewhere, bus arrives at 7.00am

anyone got idea's of some good cheapish places they do breaky deals?

We're gonna be making some noise. Might need to raid the MCG announcers room and stick on NTUA before the game - actually just that guitar riff will do - and we will all join in and sing it ourselves.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2014-09-17/20000-expected-to-flock-to-mcg

20,000 expected to flock to MCG

MORE than twenty thousand Port Adelaide supporters are expected to make the pilgrimage to the MCG to watch the Power take on Hawthorn in the second preliminary final this weekend.

Ticket sales are tracking strongly and the AFL is predicting a roaring crowd of between seventy and eighty thousand.

Port Adelaide’s General manager of consumer business Matthew Richardson said the club is excited by the number of supporters travelling to Melbourne.

“Our members and supporters have been amazing all year and this is just another example of it,” said Richardson.

We're gonna be making some noise. Might need to raid the MCG announcers room and stick on NTUA before the game - actually just that guitar riff will do - and we will all join in and sing it ourselves.

20,000 expected to flock to MCG

MORE than twenty thousand Port Adelaide supporters are expected to make the pilgrimage to the MCG to watch the Power take on Hawthorn in the second preliminary final this weekend.

Ticket sales are tracking strongly and the AFL is predicting a roaring crowd of between seventy and eighty thousand.

Port Adelaide’s General manager of consumer business Matthew Richardson said the club is excited by the number of supporters travelling to Melbourne.

“Our members and supporters have been amazing all year and this is just another example of it,” said Richardson.

I know it's a positive but it pisses me off still. We couldn't get that to a home game a couple of years back. I get more bitter as I age.

P.s Where is everyone going for a beer beforehand? I was at Fed square when we played Collingwood for a couple quiet ones, whilst watching Port Adelaide highlights on the big screen - was great!
Bells is where the VSG meet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back