Drugs/doping in AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back page of the Hun telling us Carlisle has a water tight case against Essendon for payment of Salary.

We paid until suspension and when he returns.

Essendon up for the rest.

Some new to apologise to BrianSpeaking who told us this weeks ago and was ridiculed by the usual suspects about it

Meanwhile over on the Essendope topup thread some are worried about us, Port and Dogs getting the ok for topups and beating them to Dangerfield, Jezza Cameron and Rance! LOL

Meanwhile over on the Essendope topup thread some are worried about us, Port and Dogs getting the ok for topups and beating them to Dangerfield, Jezza Cameron and Rance! LOL
Huh? Top up players cant be from other AFL clubs.

Looks like we might have an answer next week as to whether the same rules apply to the innocent teams as apply to the guilty drug cheaters that are Essendon.

Doesn't look good if this article is correct.

"Other clubs have privately argued that, in the case of Ryder, Jake Carlisle at St Kilda and Stewart Crameri at the Bulldogs it was a case of buyer beware and they knew the risk of suspension when they recruited the players."

So the drug cheats get a better deal (top up or upgrade rookies) than the innocent clubs who are only allowed to upgrade rookies. pathetic by the AFL and the other clubs if that is the case.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/essendon-and-port-want-mark-jamar-20160129-gmh1jk.html#ixzz3ygKXI2kY

Sounds like a bit of media s**t stirring to me as I am not convinced that the 'other clubs' have argued that. In what 'private' forum did they argue that? However if St Kilda, Port, Bulldogs and Melbourne had refused to trade for Ryder, Carlisle etc. on the basis that they were suspected of drug infractions would we not have been saying these guys are guilty before they had a day in court?

So these 'other clubs' are saying if the likes of Paddy Ryder or Jake Carlisle had knocked on their door wanting to play for them they would not have done the deal ? Yeah right.

We need to stand united on this, we traded in a free market place endorsed by the AFL and we should not be penalised for it. I will bet that the AFL did not come to either St Kilda or Port Adelaide and say, 'buyer beware - do not trade for these guys as they are likely to be suspended'.

All that aside, list wise we only want what Essendon are getting.

Hope we get Jamar just to stuff Essendon up.

I heard talk at the pub that David Koch organised insurance on Paddy Ryder and Angus Monfries to cover their suspension. Probably just pub talk but it sounds like something Kochie would do.

Sounds like a bit of media s**t stirring to me as I am not convinced that the 'other clubs' have argued that. In what 'private' forum did they argue that? However if St Kilda, Port, Bulldogs and Melbourne had refused to trade for Ryder, Carlisle etc. on the basis that they were suspected of drug infractions would we not have been saying these guys are guilty before they had a day in court?

So these 'other clubs' are saying if the likes of Paddy Ryder or Jake Carlisle had knocked on their door wanting to play for them they would not have done the deal ? Yeah right.

We need to stand united on this, we traded in a free market place endorsed by the AFL and we should not be penalised for it. I will bet that the AFL did not come to either St Kilda or Port Adelaide and say, 'buyer beware - do not trade for these guys as they are likely to be suspended'.

All that aside, list wise we only want what Essendon are getting.

Hope we get Jamar just to stuff Essendon up.

I heard talk at the pub that David Koch organised insurance on Paddy Ryder and Angus Monfries to cover their suspension. Probably just pub talk but it sounds like something Kochie would do.

Don't know if we would pick up a player but I agree on principle.
What about the four affected clubs able to loam out players to each other?

We have four ruckman. You can have one of those for a mid we may need like Ollie :).

Joking of course but think Port and the Dogs much more affected than us and Dees

Don't know if we would pick up a player but I agree on principle.
What about the four affected clubs able to loam out players to each other?

We have four ruckman. You can have one of those for a mid we may need like Ollie :).

Joking of course but think Port and the Dogs much more affected than us and Dees
We should at least bloody well know if we can pick up a player at the same time Essendon did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we were an expansion club that already existed. I think they grabbed a lower comp team because they wanted a southern club.

All eight of the original VFL clubs already existed in the VFA ...

Carlton
Collingwood
Essendon
Fitzroy
Geelong
Melbourne
South Melbourne
St Kilda

... but that's not the same as Port Adelaide joining an already established competition.

Is anybody watching the 2010 gf replay atm?

Some Collingwood players look very different than they do today. I lot of them seemed to have changes to their facial structures that season.

Is anybody watching the 2010 gf replay atm?

Some Collingwood players look very different than they do today. I lot of them seemed to have changes to their facial structures that season.
if your hinting that they were on the roids in 2010 then thats ridiculous.
I just dug up a pic of Pendlebury from 2010
robert-zdar.jpg

Looks normal to meo_O:p

I have sympathy for the positions: buyer beware and also why should the cheating club get a better deal.

For starters, it's ridiculous Essendon Woukd get first hit anyway. But that aside. I still think my position is that we knew this and traded for JC anyway. But the big problem with all of this is that we are then comparing (and Port etc) our position to what Essendon get. Why should they get access to that many top ups? They were guilty. We know why of course, but the whole debate is skewed because the Bombers have been treated reasonably favourably.

I have sympathy for the positions: buyer beware and also why should the cheating club get a better deal.

For starters, it's ridiculous Essendon Woukd get first hit anyway. But that aside. I still think my position is that we knew this and traded for JC anyway. But the big problem with all of this is that we are then comparing (and Port etc) our position to what Essendon get. Why should they get access to that many top ups? They were guilty. We know why of course, but the whole debate is skewed because the Bombers have been treated reasonably favourably.
I am just glad everyone was outraged they will get pick 1 because now they will get no compo for any of the 12 that leave and I want them to suffer

robert-zdar.jpg

Luke Ball was noticeably bigger in the jaw and put on muscle at the Pies. I have no evidence but I always suspected Libby Lenton/ Trickett of HGH too- she grew a bigger jaw and teeth I reckon. But Bally looked like he put on a ton of muscle quickly. In your mid 20s that's a fair effort.

Luke Ball was noticeably bigger in the jaw and put on muscle at the Pies. I have no evidence but I always suspected Libby Lenton/ Trickett of HGH too- she grew a bigger jaw and teeth I reckon. But Bally looked like he put on a ton of muscle quickly. In your mid 20s that's a fair effort.

Big accusation to call Ball a cheat. I don't buy any of it but it happened at Essendon so you never know. Anyway the last thing I would want is to know the pies cheated because we wouldn't get the flag anyway. It would make me feel even worse about those 2 games if that is at all possible.

robert-zdar.jpg

Is that the bad thug that gets electrocuted in Tango and Cash?

They were playing a few Collingwood games, it is amazing how much work would have been put into Ball (I have no idea if he was on of the 12 with elevated levels) I just couldn't believe how different they looked, very skinny faces

They just ran all over teams that season, they blew so many teams out of the water from the opening bounce. A few players never looked nearly as fit or strong)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back