1. The ASADA, AFL and drugs in sport Hot Topic board

Media links, the facts, the statements, the allegations, the charges, the court actions, the notices and the clubs mentioned so far. Hundreds of threads, 240,000+ posts.

2. Congratulations to jaydeetee for tipping 7/9 and one off the tie-breaker. FREE Platinum BFSC for you!

Get your tips in!

3. Chat with other Comm Games fans in our Commonwealth Games thread.

And keep up with Aussie athletes in the Aussie Watch Thread.

Drugs II

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Wish Wellingtons, Jan 10, 2012.

Put it out there
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tazaa

tazaa BFSC Platinum

North Melbourne
    Other teams:
    Liverpool
    Just like to say that your opinion is yours and yours only and that its healthy that there is moderate people out there who are eager to give their view. You state that you dont know what your getting in a pill. I agree. You dont. Criminals putting god knows what into a pill is what actually causes the danger. I would like to know your thoughts on pure Methylynedioxymephamphetamine however and the immediate risks associated with that.

Ive glanced over your post and the points i have bolded can all be contributed to alcohol also. Correct me if they are not. If not, alcohol as we know is legal. Not to mention the many assaults, rapes, drink driving causing death that comes with it or can be associated to drinking. I guess due to its status of being legal to drink, well gloss over that and talk about a decade old law that still surrounds ecstasy.

Not many people will ever try or have pure MDMA. They might have a pill containing it but it will be mixed in with other chemicals that cause come downs and scatterness, depression etc. The harm comes from what is mixed into a pill rather than the mdma content.

MDMA itself is hard to obtain and it is why criminals are booming in their business. The search or lust for the drug is ever strong. People will try pill after pill looking for that euphoria and feeling that can only derive for MDMA.

Not many will find it. And hence as long as the crims can feed that promise youll get minors and innoncent folk stressing over a pill or two that could contain DXM or PMA or something potentially lethal, worrying about police who instead of commiting their efforts to the bastards who put this shit on the street, would rather target those who are being taken advantage of by a search for a rush they will never have.

If the government controlled and maintained MDMA for example, it would cut costs on fighting crime, put low lifes out of business and draw attention to other areas that need adressing.
    However they wont. And they dont. And it is because alcohol is already legalised and already a monster to handle.

In Australia marijuana and ecstasy are the leading drugs of choice for those who wish to use on their first time. I find those who take marijuana stick to it. Those who try ecstasy dont, and it is because a pill in this country has no appeal. Hence a decline to unsociable drugs such as crystal meth. And thats where plenty of folk end up. And I can gurantee a correlation between a lack of or poor mdma leads users to speed and then onto ice.

Even ghb has risen to popularity with many out there blowing out looking for that high that from my general knowledge- leads all back to that want of having an mdma rush.

There will forever be people who say that these risks come from so and so and that this is bad etc. But thats a puppets line to play. My opinion is that if you dont look to the root of the problem and in the broader context of usage is Australia, dont give your opinion because no one will listen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. garygee

garygee Team Captain

Hawthorn Hawthorn - 2013 Premiers
    Other teams:
    Rugby Sucks
    Well I suppose you're lucky.
    If you've never had any side effects you can guarantee that's how it will be for every one else?
    Why do you have to do either?
    I've lost lots of friends to drugs. €€I've seen someone have a really bad reaction to MDMA. I've never tried it. Never will.
    Knew a girl. She did eccies every weekend. Don't know if it was related but she got dumber and dumber.
  3. vealesy

vealesy BFSC Platinum

Geelong
    Other teams:
    Or she just deliberately stopped appearing intelligent to a self righteous twat like you. I do this. Its fun.
  4. vealesy

vealesy BFSC Platinum

Geelong
    Other teams:
    All that list is is a medico observing some typical pingers on saturday night, conversing the statements I added.
  5. JD11

JD11 All Australian

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Detroit Red Wings
    yeah i was going to reply that most of those "symptoms" are just part of the trip, but vealsey got it.
  6. garygee

garygee Team Captain

Other teams:
    Rugby Sucks
    Well that's MDMA or Ecstasy. That's what we're talking about aren't we?

€It's funny that it is automatically assumed that I'm going to be in support of alcohol. It's a drug too and the repercussions of abuse are much more far reaching in our society. Alcohol certainly played a big part in the demise of John McCathy but no-one mentioned that. It's a bit too inconvenient.

Similarly you need to make the decision not to drive, cause if you're drug affected you have no right to inflict that behavior on other road users.

Just what we need, another drug on the market.

I don't care what you take, just don't try to pass off opinion and hyperbole as fact.
  7. garygee

garygee Team Captain

Other teams:
    Rugby Sucks
    Vealsey's gargantuan intellect is perfect to represent the pro-drug point of view. Careful Vealsey they might "band together".
  8. tazaa

tazaa BFSC Platinum

North Melbourne
    Other teams:
    Liverpool
    MDMA is not ecstasy. Not for the better part of a decade. I have stated numerous times that another drug will never be legalised and that is because alcohol and tobacco are already too much to handle.
  9. garygee

garygee Team Captain

Other teams:
    Rugby Sucks
    Resorted to personal insults already?
  10. vealesy

vealesy BFSC Platinum

Geelong
    Other teams:
    Meh.

If the hat fits.

"Already", like you brought something new and profound to the thread?
  11. garygee

garygee Team Captain

Other teams:
    Rugby Sucks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. JD11

JD11 All Australian

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Detroit Red Wings
    and theres a lot "ecstasy" users across australia that would disagree with you. and i think they'd know.
  13. tazaa

tazaa BFSC Platinum

North Melbourne
    Other teams:
    Liverpool
    If I travelled to Holland or Spain then yes MDMA would be readily available as ecstasy.
    However in Australia like i stated there hasnt been any pills with a valid MDMA content in them for near on 4 years.
    Anyone who has 'ecstasy' in this country is not intaking MDMA.
    Not unless its 2005.
    The symptoms you listed in your earlier post all come from the chemicals and mixers that cooks put into their pills.

If you have a look at my posts in this thread you will see my view on the outdated laws that exist in the western world.
  14. garygee

garygee Team Captain

Other teams:
    Rugby Sucks
    "Ecstasy Users" are showing by their habits that their judgement is impaired. "Users" are not experts. How many of these users have PhD's in pharmacology?
  15. tazaa

tazaa BFSC Platinum

North Melbourne
    Other teams:
    Liverpool
    what do you mean by judgement impaired?
  16. IAMJUNGLEMUFFIN

IAMJUNGLEMUFFIN All Australian

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Let's look what can happen when you leave the house:
    Death by lightning
    Death by tram
    Death by car
    Death by trin
    Death by bus
    Death by knife
    Death by gun
    Death by cricket bat
    Death by baseball bad
    Death by golf club
    Death by unga bunga
    Death by aids

I'm sure you get my point.
  17. garygee

garygee Team Captain

Other teams:
    Rugby Sucks
    First you say;
    then you say;
    When challenged you refer to your earlier posts, but they don't contain any information. So lets have it. What is in the "Ecstasy" pills instead of mdma? An independent source would be nice to verify you're info and prove you're not talking out of your ass which I greatly suspect.

Ah, no. The symptoms I listed in an earlier post are for overdose and are listed on a number of sites and authored by a number of different PhDs.
  18. vapid1

vapid1 Team Captain

West Coast
    Other teams:
    East Perth, Liverpool FC
    Who knows what's in ecstasy these days. All I know is that there's fk all MDMA in pills in Australia and it's been that way for a long time. Instead we get a random concoction of chemicals which are a lot more dangerous than MDMA. Thanks prohibition!
    fairdinkum and tazaa like this.
  19. WinmarToLockett

WinmarToLockett Account Cancelled by User

Melbourne
    Other teams:
    I'm sceptical on everything above, but the bolded I find hardest to believe.

How do you know that the person you saw had a bad reaction to MDMA, and not any of the other millions of chemicals that get sold as MDMA (but are actually something far more dangerous?)
  20. JD11

JD11 All Australian

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Detroit Red Wings
    How many PHDs have actually bought street ecstasy and used it themselves? I'd like an independent source on this or else your just talking out of your arse which I greatly suspect.
    alfy! and tazaa like this.
  21. garygee

garygee Team Captain

Other teams:
    Rugby Sucks
    It's a nice way of saying *******. What would you call a person that takes a pill without knowing what's in it?
  22. garygee

garygee Team Captain

Other teams:
    Rugby Sucks
    When you put a pill in your mouth the choice is yours. Your examples above give no choice except AIDS. Raincoat or not.
  23. garygee

garygee Team Captain

Other teams:
    Rugby Sucks
    Does a Doctor have to buy and use street ecstasy to know anything about MDMA? Does a surgeon have to have an inflamed appendix to perform an appendectomy?
  24. IAMJUNGLEMUFFIN

IAMJUNGLEMUFFIN All Australian

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    The analogy is exactly the ******* same, the fact that you failed to grasp that, tells me all I need to know. Making the choice to take a pill or making a choice to leave the house, both choices can have serious health consequences, neither generally do.
  25. garygee

garygee Team Captain

Other teams:
    Rugby Sucks
    Gee I could die by lightning, by tram, by car, by train, by bus, by knife, by gun, by cricket bat, by baseball bad or
    by golf club so I might as well take ecstasy. That's what you're saying, sounds good when it's put like that doesn't it?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.