DT Rookies 2012

Discussion in 'AFL Fantasy and Dream Team' started by Engimal, Feb 1, 2012.

Put it out there
  1. James

James Account Cancelled by User

Carlton
    Other teams:
    AKA Gingy

This^

My thinking has always been trade out the rookies that have made the least amount of money and hang on to ones who are playing every week averaging 80+. What if say Magner Kennedy or Clay Smith for example are averaging 90 just before their bye and all of them have played every game and don't look to be tailing off. Do you trade or keep?

Having a rookie in each line averaging 75+ for the season is ideal bench cover for later in the season. Keeping the right ones is the tricky bit. Still dirty on myself for trading out Danny Stanley mid season last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. 54Dogs

54Dogs All Australian

Western Bulldogs
    Other teams:
    As a question, if people wanted Kennedy's score last week why jump on Couch who is nowhere near best 22 when Treloar was an option? DP, locked in best 22 and will be playing seniors next week.
  3. tupperware

tupperware All Australian

Sydney
    Other teams:
    Because Treloar was locked.. Like Kennedy.
  4. Trav 20

Trav 20 All Australian

Melbourne
    Other teams:
    Dees
    I wouldn't say Couch is "nowhere near best 22". He was named as an emergency for the first game of the year. My guess is that when he gets his chance he'll take it and will stay in the team. After-all, Melbourne has a third world midfield and is pathetic in the clearances, which is Couch's strength.

If there's a worse midfield in the AFL I'd like to know whose it is - not including GWS.
  5. James

Carlton
    Other teams:
    AKA Gingy
    Did you not see the Dees last week? He'll be in their starting 22 sooner than later. As soon as next week for mine, especially if they get smashed this week and he racks up another 25+ possies for Casey.

I don't know how you can claim that Treloar is in GWS' best 22 when he's barely been sited pre-season.
  6. 54Dogs

54Dogs All Australian

Western Bulldogs
    Other teams:
    Saw the Dees last week, absolutely abysmal. So the question is, with Moloney coming back, Sylvia in 3 and Gysberts in 4 and Couch not even at emergency level this week how close is he.

If u don't know Treloar's best 22 you've spent too much time posting and not enough researching.
  7. Trav 20

Trav 20 All Australian

Melbourne
    Other teams:
    Dees
    Gysberts is 4-6 weeks and will need 2-3 games at Casey before being considered, so rule him out for at least 8 weeks.

Couch isn't competing with Sylvia as they're two very different players. Couch is an inside mid and Sylvia more a finisher.

Couch is competing with Magner and Jordie mcKenzie for a spot. The latter was poor in round one and it wouldn't surprise me to see McKenzie make way for Couch sometime soon. The vast expanses of Subiaco wouldn't have helped Couch this week.

Btw, I don't have Couch.
  8. Keystone agony

Keystone agony Club Legend

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Port Adelaide
    I hear Dogs54 they wanted Couch to get another full game under his belt for VFL side casey. Hes every chance to play the following week. Hes probably ahead of Gysberts due to his injury now. Thats the reason why he isnt an emergency and not flying to perth.

Midfielders no longer stop as 5, they go deep through to about 12, he can also play forward.

Im also not so sure about Treloar, only so much research and words you can take about him. But he seemed to be continually getting little injury problems through PS. GWS also had Scully, Power, now JMAC, Patton, Ohailpin, Brogan, T.Adams, Buntine ect ect to come back in.
  9. 54Dogs

54Dogs All Australian

Western Bulldogs
    Other teams:
    Fair comments. If Couch isn't in next week he'll never play IMO, must be every chance.

Treloar would've been a top 2 draft pick, they absolutely love him. Did nicely yesterday on the wing finding some match fitness. Will either be back next week or the one after
  10. RBW_007

RBW_007 Team Captain

St Kilda
    Other teams:
    Indianapolis Colts
    It would'nt have worked because GWS players were locked away. It had to have been a player whos team hasn't played yet.
  11. Keystone agony

Keystone agony Club Legend

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Port Adelaide
    Apparently Couch dominated again today. 3rd best by Neeld many dee fans who went to the game said he was BOG and said he wouldve gone close to 15 clearances. Also very good when forward applied plenty of pressure.

Would have to think he plays this week against the tigers. Just a concern hes too similar to Magner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. russ

russ Team Captain

West Coast
    Other teams:
    Liverpool
    would have thought melbourne would bring in as many players similar to magner as they could..
  13. terribleflowers

terribleflowers Rookie

West Coast
    Other teams:
    anyone worried about hall getting dropped? he got subbed off pretty early today after doing very little.
  14. Jessbek

Jessbek Team Captain

Gold Coast
    Other teams:
    Arsenal, Washington Redskins
    Maybe not concerned about being completely dropped, but concerned about the likelyhood of him receiving the vest and in turn, his scoring potential. Seriously considering a trade to Milera this week :thumbsu:
  15. Trav 20

Trav 20 All Australian

Melbourne
    Other teams:
    Dees
    Listed as having 31 disposals. I'll be amazed if he doesn't debut this week. It would make no sense considering they elevated him and we're being murdered at the stoppages.
  16. Juggalo Balla

Juggalo Balla Premiership Player

St Kilda
    Other teams:
    Magic
    Thoughts on Clay Smith?

Obviously no ton yet but that's because he's getting the dreaded red vest.

Does he score well in terms of points per minute?

What times was he subbed off for both games?

I'm thinking he could take off as a cash cow if he starts getting the full game.
  17. yogibbear

yogibbear Team Captain

West Coast
    Other teams:
    My question mark on clay smith isn't his ppm. But rather what has to happen to the side for him to not get the vest? I can't figure out who he can displace. So... I'm not interested.
  18. James

Carlton
    Other teams:
    AKA Gingy
    I was just looking up Toby Greene's season stats on footywire.
    Average possies 29
    Average marks 4.5
    Average tackles 4

I know it's only 2 games, but 27 & 31 possies in your first 2 games is as good a start to a career as it gets. Plus his birthday is the same as mine, so he must be awesome! :p
  19. yogibbear

yogibbear Team Captain

West Coast
    Other teams:
    Well done.
  20. Schulzenfest

Schulzenfest May as well be Chief

Port Adelaide
    Other teams:
    [youtube]hf5FRPfGiC8[/youtube]

:p
  21. James

Carlton
    Other teams:
    AKA Gingy
    Sorry mate. :eek:

You'd be spewing if you didn't leave at least 30-40k in the bank to do a rookie sideways trade for him. Especially if you don't have a Coniglio to do a straight swap. I can see quite a few teams doing double trades to get him in.

I'm burning (another) trade early to get him. Hampton>Greene. Seems a bit of a waste trading out Hampton this early as he scored pretty well in Rd 1 and should still get a decent price rise even after his 32 this week, but I just can't see him racking up those sort of premium midfielder numbers.

Will be tough picking who plays F7 for the next 10 weeks or so, especially if Couch comes in and goes bang which I fully expect him to do.

Will have to choose one of Kennedy, Couch, Greene, D Smith for F7 next week.

I just wish that Kennedy was a B/M instead of a M/F. I'm not sold on any of the B rookies that I don't have already and the ones that I do have aren't setting the world on fire, apart from Bugg last week.
  22. Schulzenfest

Schulzenfest May as well be Chief

Port Adelaide
    Other teams:
    I do (and I unfortunately took the gamble on Clifton getting back into GWS's side quickly which didn't pay off, but being able to trade in Greene without sacrificing somebody I want to keep might make it a blessing in disguise), but I'll only have 2k left afterwards which means I won't be able to do the other trade I want to do, Hall/Dickson for Milera. Clifton -> Greene is higher priority though, so it's the one I'm going to do.
  23. Juggalo Balla

Juggalo Balla Premiership Player

St Kilda
    Other teams:
    Magic
    Lets all rave about Greene lol

Just put on a random part of the U18 championship which I've saved because I enjoyed it.

Longer taps the ball down straight into the hands of Devon Smith and Greene runs past him gets the footy off the deck and delivers inside 50m to a mark by Paine.

Skills, speed, passion. It was all clearly visible.
  24. Ziebellion

Ziebellion Suspended

North Melbourne
    Other teams:
    I have no midfielders doing poorly to trade to Greene.

James McDonald could be the only option but he only has one more game out and than hes back.
  25. CrozaN

CrozaN Team Captain

Western Bulldogs
    Other teams:
    My only option for Greene is to trade Shiel (no way am i trading Magner/Smith), but i can't see much upside to that.

Much rather do Hall/Dickson to Milera, that trade however, i see upside too.