Cancelled
Day Off
Feb 4, 2003
Burkina Faso
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
AKA Gingy
Why the hell would you have Couch? He wasn't named in round 1. That is ridiculous. Yet you waste a midfield spot with Devon Smith...

1. Kennedy's Rd1 score. My other Fwd bench rook is Hampton who was playing. Couch will play soon so nothing lost. It's just another trade other teams who don't already have him will have to use sooner or later. I still have heaps of cash, so meh if I don't make 10k from Hall or Dickson's first price change.

2. D Smith is not a wasted midfield BENCH spot, since I can DP him with Chapman, Goodes, Fyfe, Sidebottom, Kennedy, Hampton or Couch or use him for a fwd bench spot or even F7 if required.

James

Cancelled
Day Off
Feb 4, 2003
Burkina Faso
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
AKA Gingy
Yeh would have thought

Kennedy, D.Smith, Hampton (forward)

and Magner, Greene, C.Smith and Shiel midfield was a much better option.

He also missed James MacDonald another better option in the midfield then having Couch or Hampton in the forwards.

By having that DPP C/F playing in the midfield it either means you pick 2 of Hall, Hampton, Couch, Dickson or miss out on the tremendous value in the forward premiums (don't make me list them we already know them).

Each to their own

I started with
Mids: Magner, McDonald, Shiel, D Smith
Fwds: Kennedy, Hampton, Couch

Couch will be great value IMHO same as D Smith
Hampton isn't my best pick, but still better than Hall & Dickson, for his DP if nothing else.

The way I see it, the only gun rookie I missed was Greene and possibly Clay Smith. Getting Greene in this week. Will pass on Clay. Can't fit all the best rooks into 30 spots. FWIW I think Devon Smith will outscore Clay Smith this year.

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I expect a few rookies to debut this week

Couch, L.Neale, M.Newman and maybe K.Stevens/Brennan as well depending on how many the eagles rest this week.
Neale definitely won't play, he pulled up pretty sore from the weekend with a corky apparently, and his stats weren't all that prolific. It's his 1st game of the season proper so he'll play a few more before any chances come his way.

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
http://www.footballnation.com.au/af...ouch-tipped-to-make-afl-debut-against-tigers/

Lovett believes Couch has been impressive over the past three weeks in the VFL and was destined to break through his debut.

“He (Couch) wins a lot of the ball particularly in close,” Lovett said. “I think he had 30 plus touches so he’s certainly putting his hand up for senior level.”

“He’s a good player at this level, he’s got a good strong body on him and he used the ball quite well,” he said.

James

Cancelled
Day Off
Feb 4, 2003
Burkina Faso
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
AKA Gingy
Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
If Couch plays, I'm definitely starting him ahead of Kennedy this week. He could end up being an F7 keeper if he can come close to replicating his VFL numbers. I'm not expecting 30 possies a game at AFL level, but 21+ with a decent tackle count would go a long way towards an 80+ DT average. Does anyone know what he's like as far as tackling goes?

Hmm not sure, vest comes into calculation with Couch but not really with Kennedy.

Also over 21 posses is a fair effort for any melbourne player. Only two players have done it so far this year. Magner and Jones last week with 27.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Good to see Kerridge, Treloar, Stevens and Shaw all named.

Disappointed Dickson is out though....might need to trade him out now.

Didnt take long for you to be second guessing whether Dickson is in the best 22 and also that Clay Smith wouldnt be a sub (2 weeks running):D

Ess_don

Club Legend
Sep 11, 2009
Sudden Valley
AFL Club
Essendon
Shame to see Dickson dropped before at least getting a chance to make a little $.. I think Im gonna keep him around and wait for another trade option later (Couch, Treloar, Kerridge, etc).

No other rookies really putting their hand up and Im not convinced with Milera.

C.Smith last on the I/C is worrying..vest candidate there, could trade him for Greene but I like young Clay, has an awesome PPM and Ill back him in to score well soon enough.

Feb 18, 2008
Nowra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Was considering sliding down to Marty Clarke this week but it looks like he's skating on thin ice

B: Heritier O'Brien, Lachlan Keeffe, Heath Shaw
HB: Nick Maxwell, Ben Reid, Tyson Goldsack
C: Dane Swan, Luke Ball, Sharrod Wellingham
HF: Dale Thomas, Chris Dawes, Ben Sinclair
F: Dayne Beams, Travis Cloke, Alex Fasolo
Foll: Darren Jolly, Scott Pendlebury, Steele Sidebottom
I/C: Alan Toovey, Martin Clarke, Cameron Wood, Jarryd Blair

In: Nick Maxwell, Sharrod Wellingham, Cameron Wood

Can't see much room in that back 6 or midfield for him. Didak, Johnson and Taz to come back in.

Didak > Sinclair
Taz > Keefe
Johnson > ??

Plus he then has to avoid 2 vests

James

Cancelled
Day Off
Feb 4, 2003
Burkina Faso
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
AKA Gingy
Was considering sliding down to Marty Clarke this week but it looks like he's skating on thin ice

B: Heritier O'Brien, Lachlan Keeffe, Heath Shaw
HB: Nick Maxwell, Ben Reid, Tyson Goldsack
C: Dane Swan, Luke Ball, Sharrod Wellingham
HF: Dale Thomas, Chris Dawes, Ben Sinclair
F: Dayne Beams, Travis Cloke, Alex Fasolo
Foll: Darren Jolly, Scott Pendlebury, Steele Sidebottom
I/C: Alan Toovey, Martin Clarke, Cameron Wood, Jarryd Blair

In: Nick Maxwell, Sharrod Wellingham, Cameron Wood

Can't see much room in that back 6 or midfield for him. Didak, Johnson and Taz to come back in.

Didak > Sinclair
Taz > Keefe
Johnson > ??

Plus he then has to avoid 2 vests

Pies won't be playing 2 ruck's every week.

pillager

Club Legend
Mar 27, 2008
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pies won't be playing 2 ruck's every week.

It all depends on how well Cameron Wood performs. I am sure that Bucks would prefer to keep Dawes in the forward line rather than pinch hitting in the ruck.

Having said this, I still rate Marty Clarke and I am bringing him in this week.

bu5t3r2

Debutant
Mar 24, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Im considering Golby > Clarke...

I think he should be safe in terms of being in best 22... Johnson isn't best 22... Plus they won't play wood all the time...
But looking at that line up, the only candidates for the vests are Sinclair, Blair & Clarke... maybe Fasolo...
And with 2 vests up for grab, chance of him being vested is higher than what I would like it to be...

Thing is, I need Clarke playing in my backline until the bye at the very least, I can't afford him scoring less than 50... Otherwise might as well keep Golby...

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Make no mistake when Johnson is fit, which should be next week, he will play. He will certainly make things a bit harder for Marty Clarke, having said that, I think Golby>Clarke is still a good move. Get in early I say, I think by the time you'll want to trade him to an upgrade/downgrade target he will have a similar avg. to Golby.

cfx_1

Club Legend
Feb 7, 2010
New Farm
AFL Club
Collingwood
Im considering Golby > Clarke...

I think he should be safe in terms of being in best 22... Johnson isn't best 22... Plus they won't play wood all the time...
But looking at that line up, the only candidates for the vests are Sinclair, Blair & Clarke... maybe Fasolo...
And with 2 vests up for grab, chance of him being vested is higher than what I would like it to be...

Thing is, I need Clarke playing in my backline until the bye at the very least, I can't afford him scoring less than 50... Otherwise might as well keep Golby...

Johnson is easily best 22. With our full compliment I would assume Clarke will be fighting with Goldsack for the last wing/defensive role. I wouldn't bank on anything but Goldsack was good in patches and terrible in others last week so your guess is as good as mine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back