DT/SC questions here (check roster watch first)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys, how serious is Bewick's hip injury? Saw that he was out of the team this week

On his twitter he was saying he won't get up this week (which we just got confirmation to be the case) but he should be right for next week.

Will be a really good player once he gets a decent run....

Who would you predict to be sub/subbed this week (injuries permitting of course)?

Asking in reference to Polec.

Thanks

What do you mean by this?
Ask anyone who has had a bad knock on the hip. They generally seem to hurt for a while. Sometimes you can play with it. Sometimes you are frustratingly close to being right to go but it just won't come good. The talk out of Bewick and the club is that he'll be back next week but, on my experience with this type of knock, it can linger.

Who would you predict to be sub/subbed this week (injuries permitting of course)?

Asking in reference to Polec.

Thanks
Highly likely that the subs will come from Polec/Beams/O'Brien. Maguire may be the other one given his lack of recent game time.

Ask anyone who has had a bad knock on the hip. They generally seem to hurt for a while. Sometimes you can play with it. Sometimes you are frustratingly close to being right to go but it just won't come good. The talk out of Bewick and the club is that he'll be back next week but, on my experience with this type of knock, it can linger.

My take on the GOD vid was that Bewick may have to earn his way back in via the reserves.

G'day ladies/gents, haven't been able to watch many Lions games so far but judging by Adcock's stats and DT scores he is obviously doing well. Read through 'Stocka's' response regarding Jed on the previous page, very helpful mate. Nice work! Just a couple of things:

1: Do you think Drummond's inclusion will eventually hamper Jed's DT scores or will he benefit as opposition teams are more likely to negate Drummond as he arguably is the more damaging player?

2: If he stays injury free, do you think he can maintain his 90-100 point DT average throughout the year?

3: I don't recall what injuries he suffered last year but are there any 'rumours' of them affecting him this season or did he have a solid pre-season hence the good form?

I want to bring him in this week for Duigan. I've waited this long as I wanted to see him string 3 or 4 solid games together before I took the plunge and he has done that. With some favourable games coming up I think he is almost a must have, and at $360,000 and averaging 100 pts per game he is still great value. Thoughts?

Sorry for the long post and all the Q's, I know that there are no definite answers but just some opinions would be great. Btw, as you can see I'm a Hawk so any questions regarding our boys feel free to ask! Cheers

G'day ladies/gents, haven't been able to watch many Lions games so far but judging by Adcock's stats and DT scores he is obviously doing well. Read through 'Stocka's' response regarding Jed on the previous page, very helpful mate. Nice work! Just a couple of things:

1: Do you think Drummond's inclusion will eventually hamper Jed's DT scores or will he benefit as opposition teams are more likely to negate Drummond as he arguably is the more damaging player?

2: If he stays injury free, do you think he can maintain his 90-100 point DT average throughout the year?

3: I don't recall what injuries he suffered last year but are there any 'rumours' of them affecting him this season or did he have a solid pre-season hence the good form?

I want to bring him in this week for Duigan. I've waited this long as I wanted to see him string 3 or 4 solid games together before I took the plunge and he has done that. With some favourable games coming up I think he is almost a must have, and at $360,000 and averaging 100 pts per game he is still great value. Thoughts?

Sorry for the long post and all the Q's, I know that there are no definite answers but just some opinions would be great. Btw, as you can see I'm a Hawk so any questions regarding our boys feel free to ask! Cheers

1. Besides the fact Jed is scoring well in fantasy he is actually playing really well and having massive impacts in games. With Drummond coming back, there is still no way Voss will use Jed in a role that will limit his ability to have a big influence on the game and hence i don't think Drummond will affect Jed's fantasy numbers.

2. If he stays injury free he will be top 5 in fantasy defense come the end of the year.

3. Last year he suffered mostly from an ankle and then i think a quad injury. His pre season was basically unaffected and there are no rumours of him being hampered in anyway.

Firstly i'd like to vent my frustration at trading in both McCauley and Polec last week, only for them to be dropped this week.:mad:

Secondly, is it fair to assume Lueunberger will be the number 1 ruck for Brissy again and stop with this FF business which is really hurting my scores?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why was McCauley dropped? Doesn't overly concern me because he;'s a fourth ruck, buut he was doing well DT wise. I would have thought an extra big body against the GC would not have gone astray

Why was McCauley dropped? Doesn't overly concern me because he;'s a fourth ruck, buut he was doing well DT wise. I would have thought an extra big body against the GC would not have gone astray

Obviously just my opinion but it would almost certainly be to allow Berger to get back to primarily being a ruckman. Broc was in which freed up Berger to play full forward and only pinch hit in the ruck. It now looks like that experiment is over with. Retzlaff into the side gives us the forward target Berger was providing and therefore putting Berger back to the ruck pushes Broc out.

I'ts entirely possible we won't see Broc again this year, unless there is some Ruck injury problems....and Charman may still be back as well at some stage, further clouding the issue....

Polec should be back though, is too good to be out for long IMHO....

Check out previous posts for thoughts on Bewick... specifically these two....

post #1
post #2

He is listed as "Test" on our injury list. I am yet to find the Ressies lineup for this weekend but I would fully expect to not see his name on there.

Firstly i'd like to vent my frustration at trading in both McCauley and Polec last week, only for them to be dropped this week.:mad:

That is funny.:D

Sorry.

Retzlaff any good guys? Havnt heard much about him..

I'd definitely take a wait and see approach for him. He could be great, but Brown should be back in a couple of weeks so we should hopefully get to see whether Retzlaff holds his spot when he comes back.

Hi all,

Trading in a mid this week and can't decide between Redden and Rockliff.

What are your thoughts on who would be the better option?

Thanks in advance.

Bloody tough to split, but I'd opt for Rockliff because I think he's got a marginally higher ceiling (this year).

Redden has stepped up this year further than any of us had a right to expect. He's developed a composure in front of goals, reliably contributing a goal/ game and his workrate and tackling is immense. That has been a trademark since his debut so it is not likely to drop off and he should keep churning out solid scores.

Rockliff OTOH, while still churning out the numbers, I sense has been just a little bit off. I think he has the potential to improve his game further, hitting higher numbers than Redden, but with bigger swings. The clincher for me though is I think Brown's return and presenting as a real forward target will do better things for Rocky's scoring than Redden's. Just my gut feel..

Is bewick named in reserves or anything? thanks

No.

(With thanks to Mr Ripper)

B: S Sheldon M Dillon B Moorhead
HB: J Hawksley B Harvey M Golby
C: M Austin R Harwood X Clarke
HF: A Kitching P Karnezis J Polec
F: A Buchanan A Cornelius B McCulloch
R: B McCauley J Dyson R Newell
IC: L Wood-Honour D Barry J Parkes J Fox C Mitchell-Hill M Green T Colburn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back