Strategy Dubai 2.0 - here we come

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard from someone at the club that Ollie loves it at Port and loves the other boys. Of course he misses home, he's young, but that person (in the know) said he felt extremely confident about Ollie. I hope this is true.
Ollie wont be going anywhere. He likes the Club.. his Mum likes the Club (football heaven she said). Its just people hoping, wishing and crapping on that he might leave and there you have it

Here are the Boys last Christmas holidays

upload_2014-12-16_15-49-57.png

Pretty sure Wine's parents are deeply entrenched in the players family's circle. This club is close on so many levels. A lot of it is due to Hinkley. He is such a family man.
The AFL landscape has changed a lot and Clubs will become ruthless in pursuit of gun players. Hope Port sign him up nice and early and that he enjoys a few premierships with our club. Hope he develops a close relationship with Voss, who said he will stay in Adelaide for a few years due to the age of his children and high school. I suppose the only club that could poach Voss then would be Crows but they have Walsh on a 4 year deal. I think all clubs are nervous in the new environment. Look at Crows openly saying they will pursue Aish, look at all the clubs after Danger. I reckon Ollie could be future captain of our club.

Shame his family don't move to Adelaide like some other parents have.
Move to Adelaide? Why! Just Why??

His family are well entrenched in Echuca, and anyway, it makes a great place for Ollie (and the boys) to go and get away from the fishbowl that is AFL! I just LOL at the homesick comments from Melbourne people! He lived nowhere near Melbourne!!

Pretty sure Wine's parents are deeply entrenched in the players family's circle. This club is close on so many levels. A lot of it is due to Hinkley. He is such a family man.
Rumour was his mum was the first non-player/official to contact the families of the new recruits. If that rumour was true, not only would Ollie's family have appeared to have adopted the club, but they may well be driving some of the great family culture behind the scenes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saint board reckon Ollie is 'Massively' homesick:rolleyes: , to me he looks quite content and settled at the PAFC, hopefully we can extend his end of 2016 contract further, Ollie is crucial to our clubs future, he ticks everything you want in a footballer and human being
I'm sure a premiership will help to convince Ollie to stay at Alberton....

Rumour was his mum was the first non-player/official to contact the families of the new recruits. If that rumour was true, not only would Ollie's family have appeared to have adopted the club, but they may well be driving some of the great family culture behind the scenes.

A bit random but speaking of players mums, I just read Dean Cox's biography and he explains the story for the game where he broke the record for the number of games played as an Eagle. It was down at Geelong and Cox naturally wanted to run out with his baby daughter, but was worried about her getting a good night sleep afterwards which she obviously couldn't do at the match and all his family were there to watch him play in the match. He asked Marie Selwood, as you would given the close ties between the clubs and she said she knew just the lady who would come to the match, pick up his girl and babysit her for the night.... Chicki Boak.

A bit random but speaking of players mums, I just read Dean Cox's biography and he explains the story for the game where he broke the record for the number of games played as an Eagle. It was down at Geelong and Cox naturally wanted to run out with his baby daughter, but was worried about her getting a good night sleep afterwards which she obviously couldn't do at the match and all his family were there to watch him play in the match. He asked Marie Selwood, as you would given the close ties between the clubs and she said she knew just the lady who would come to the match, pick up his girl and babysit her for the night.... Chicki Boak.

Wow. The Boak family really make mine look like the degenerate Scottish-Irish shitpile we've always been.

Wow. The Boak family really make mine look like the degenerate Scottish-Irish shitpile we've always been.

Yeah, seeing that makes me wonder whether my family's donation to charities in a bid to feed our moral conscience is really enough.

The Boak's seem like a remarkable family. It's all the more impressive considering what they've had to go through. I think most people could take a page out of their book.

Last edited:
Went to the Crows board to try to explain the concept of heat training. Gee they're slow learners. One guy said that the gains of heat training are lost soon after. That is true but that applies to the adaption to heat tolerance. Seems like they more than Burgo

Tourist killed, 11 injured after two hot air balloons crash in Turkey

A TOURIST was killed and 11 others injured when two hot air balloons crashed during a sightseeing ride over the popular tourist region of Cappadocia.

But wasn't our guys

A Chinese tourist, identified as 23-year-old Tang Yi, died at the scene while 11 other tourists, eight of them Chinese and Malaysian nationals, and three Turkish citizens, were hospitalised for fractures and broken bones.

Two Malaysian tourists are being treated in hospital in a serious condition, Dogan said. Security forces and ambulances were dispatched to the area.

But wasn't our guys

A Chinese tourist, identified as 23-year-old Tang Yi, died at the scene while 11 other tourists, eight of them Chinese and Malaysian nationals, and three Turkish citizens, were hospitalised for fractures and broken bones.

Two Malaysian tourists are being treated in hospital in a serious condition, Dogan said. Security forces and ambulances were dispatched to the area.
Funny, the first thought when I saw the buys ballooning pic was: "Oh oh, not a good idea to do anything like this in a non-western country. Their safety standards are non-existent!"

Sorry for those ones, happy our guys are ok!

A TOURIST was killed and 11 others injured when two hot air balloons crashed during a sightseeing ride over the popular tourist region of Cappadocia.

But wasn't our guys

dude..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back