Opinion Dustin Martin - Contract Saga Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly right, he isn't even close to his prime age yet. Just on potential alone he is worth 500k, add on all of his match winning abilities and strength, I think he could easily attract in excess of 650k from other clubs (as long as he stays on the straight and narrow) but for us we would need to offer him at least 600k due to him loving the place IMO.
My mum used to say I had unlimited potential. Whaddya reckon I'm worth???
:D

Think Cotchin is still better, but not much in it. Dusty is better at creating scores and been better this year but not at 2012 Cotchin level which has been on show the last month with Miles helping him out. Rance is sitting just behind them.

Cotch is still better because he does what he does with a hard tag.

View attachment 69364
Goodness if Dusty gets close to snagging this his price will rise a little bit more!
And so it should. He will become our highest payed player and hopefully he will earn every penny. With Newman and Foley coming to the end there will be more then enough to compensate for his price rise.

Don't get sucked into the Richmond FC website pro Richmond player article. Dusty won't finish in the top 10 of the Brownlow.

Next time you post here please do some thinking or research. Your opinion is pretty much hot air.

Martin finished 11th in the brownlow last year. He is having a MUCH better season this year.

Lets take a look at some guys who all finished above him in the Brownlow last year:

Ablett - injury. Missing multiple games
Swan - injuries. Missing a month now and will be lucky to poll 5 votes in total
J Selwood - injuries. Having a much worse season than last
Dangerfield - injuries. Having a much worse season than last
Watson - injury. Missing multiple games
Hannebery - injury. Missing games. Having a much worse season than last

Now, how much do you wanna bet with me that he won't finish higher this year? Name your price.

Next time you post here please do some thinking or research. Your opinion is pretty much hot air.

Martin finished 11th in the brownlow last year. He is having a MUCH better season this year.

Lets take a look at some guys who all finished above him in the Brownlow last year:

Ablett - injury. Missing multiple games
Swan - injuries. Missing a month now and will be lucky to poll 5 votes in total
J Selwood - injuries. Having a much worse season than last
Dangerfield - injuries. Having a much worse season than last
Watson - injury. Missing multiple games
Hannebery - injury. Missing games. Having a much worse season than last

Now, how much do you wanna bet with me that he won't finish higher this year? Name your price.
How many games did we win last year?

How many games did we win last year?

And? On average 1 player from the losing team polls either 1, 2 or 3 votes. Dusty has been our best in quite a few of those. Just saying it's stupid to think he will do worse than last year when he has played so much better this season and most of the other top 10 players won't get as many votes as they did last season for all the reasons stated above ^^

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And? On average 1 player from the losing team polls either 1, 2 or 3 votes. Dusty has been our best in quite a few of those. Just saying it's stupid to think he will do worse than last year when he has played so much better this season and most of the other top 10 players won't get as many votes as they did last season for all the reasons stated above ^^
A close look at our wins this season and Dusty hasnt featured too prominantly in them. A few of his poorer games have actually come in wins. What that means is he will miss out on vital 2s ans 3s necessary to poll top 10. If we do get losing players getting votes, he will share them with Cotch who is the more proven votegetter. He may have had the better season than last year, but we as a team havent won the games that would see him get enough votes. The injured guys you list above is kind of irelevant. Ablett is already a lock to finish top 10, probably even top 3. Selwood will finish top 5. Fyfe, Kennedy, Franklin, Pendles, Boak, Harvey, Heppell all been good enough to poll well. Cotchin will finiah higher than Martin because he has been better in the wins and so will poll more 2s and 3s. Its not stupid to suggest he wont do as well if you actually examine when he played his best games, what the result was, and who else played.

Theres enough talent to pick up the slack even of last years stars dont. This just isnt Dustys year yet.

Don't get sucked into the Richmond FC website pro Richmond player article. Dusty won't finish in the top 10 of the Brownlow.

not saying it makes the article any more credible, but the club sites get the afl.com.au crocoshitmedia articles that are related that specific club

A close look at our wins this season and Dusty hasnt featured too prominantly in them. A few of his poorer games have actually come in wins. What that means is he will miss out on vital 2s ans 3s necessary to poll top 10. If we do get losing players getting votes, he will share them with Cotch who is the more proven votegetter. He may have had the better season than last year, but we as a team havent won the games that would see him get enough votes. The injured guys you list above is kind of irelevant. Ablett is already a lock to finish top 10, probably even top 3. Selwood will finish top 5. Fyfe, Kennedy, Franklin, Pendles, Boak, Harvey, Heppell all been good enough to poll well. Cotchin will finiah higher than Martin because he has been better in the wins and so will poll more 2s and 3s. Its not stupid to suggest he wont do as well if you actually examine when he played his best games, what the result was, and who else played.

Theres enough talent to pick up the slack even of last years stars dont. This just isnt Dustys year yet.

This really looks like it was put together as an afterthought to backup a throw away comment. Selwood? He's only played about 5 good games all year and wont finish anywhere near the top 5. Same with Buddy.. even Pendles has been down on his usual output. Infact, arguably all the guys you mention had better seasons last year (except JPK and Harvey). Form and injuries to top players are not irrelevant when talking Brownlow as we see it shape the leader board every year.

Anyway
Don't get sucked into the Richmond FC website pro Richmond player article.

Nobodys getting sucked into anything when it's not even a pro Richmond article. See rfctiger.^^

Dusty wont win the brownlow this year
Dusty will poll ~15-17 votes
Ablett COULD be leading by enough at the time of his injury to win it (but probably won't - really he shouldnt)

Josh Kennedy from the Swans could and should win it this year.

This really looks like it was put together as an afterthought to backup a throw away comment. Selwood? He's only played about 5 good games all year and wont finish anywhere near the top 5. Same with Buddy.. even Pendles has been down on his usual output. Infact, arguably all the guys you mention had better seasons last year (except JPK and Harvey). Form and injuries to top players are not irrelevant when talking Brownlow as we see it shape the leader board every year.

Anyway

Nobodys getting sucked into anything when it's not even a pro Richmond article. See rfctiger.^^

We will just have to agree to disagree. I reckon those guys I mentioned will finish above him, because Dusty has not played well enough in wins which earn you the vital 2s and 3s to finish high. The Brownlow doesn't always favour consistant performers across a season, many guys having great seasons don't poll too many votes due to their side not winning. I feel that will be Dusty this year. Hopefully we win a few more for the rest of the year which Dusty stars in and I can concur and agree with you, I just don't see him having a top 10 finish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back