Scandal Dustin Martin in drunken scuffle

Remove this Banner Ad

Hahahahahahahahaha!

It was proven he never threatened anyone...

No my friend. It was not proven either way.

(Or have I missed something? Where is the proof it never happened???)
He doesn't have to prove it.
She had to prove it, that's how it works.
Watch.
You are a campaigner woman basher.
Go on prove it that you aren't otherwise you are.
I don't have to prove it, i am just saying you are so you are unless you prove otherwise.
If you can't prove it it just means it's through lack of evidence, or most likely swept under the carpet.
Doesn't mean you aren't in my mind because I think you are.
That's how ******* mental this is.

Opposition supporters must feel a miscarriage of justice has taken place. Can we get a gauge on how you guys are feeling? Would you like a cyber hug to help you overcome your distress?

He doesn't have to prove it.
She had to prove it, that's how it works.
Watch.
You are a campaigner woman basher.
Go on prove it that you aren't otherwise you are.
I don't have to prove it, i am just saying you are so you are unless you prove otherwise.
If you can't prove it it just means it's through lack of evidence, or most likely swept under the carpet.
Doesn't mean you aren't in my mind because I think you are.
That's how ******* mental this is.

Yeah... I get how serious the claims are. But no one ever claimed him a "woman basher"... that's your exaggeration.

The claim was a threat and intimidation, intoxication and being removed from a licensed premise.

The threat was not proved due to no evidence. "Intimidation" is debatable but IMO the video of Martin being restrained and dragged away from her casts doubt on that and intoxication and being kicked out is proved.

"Woman basher" - your words... not anyone else said that in official statements did they???

Some of us know more than others on it. But that's ok, keep up with the name calling and inviting the scorn towards yourself.
I guess when the cctv footage and witness statements come out supporting your view we'll have something to worry about.
I like you, you amuse me.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

Were you there were you?

I'll admit it, I wasn't.

Yeah... I get how serious the claims are. But no one ever claimed him a "woman basher"... that's your exaggeration.

The claim was a threat and intimidation, intoxication and being removed from a licensed premise.

The threat was not proved due to no evidence. "Intimidation" is debatable but IMO the video of Martin being restrained and dragged away from her casts doubt on that and intoxication and being kicked out is proved.

"Woman basher" - your words... not anyone else said that in official statements did they???

The threat WAS disproved due to witness statements that contradicted the allegations my dear man. That's what you're not getting. It actually got disproved.
And CCTV footage reviewed by Victoria police also supported statements provided.
Try again.

Opposition supporters must feel a miscarriage of justice has taken place. Can we get a gauge on how you guys are feeling? Would you like a cyber hug to help you overcome your distress?

I feel as though the media stuffed up, everyone got ahead of the facts, and Gil wasn't one of those people. Very impressed by the way the AFL handled this whole situation, and once again disappointed the media acted inappropriately. With that being said, Dustin Martin is no angel either, he surely knows he will be a target when he goes out, so just stay at home FFS.

Were you there were you?

I'll admit it, I wasn't.

Nope, but i trust my womens day sources implicitly ;)

I was using woman basher as an example.Could be anything you care to imagine.
The point is that the claim needs to or proved.
There was * all to help prove any of what she claimed.
Lets just use what you're upset about then that we do know as fact, that Martin was standing at the table talking to her,and led away by a mate.
That's what we know.
We don't know what was said,in what context,how threatening...
What would you like to happen to him?

I feel as though the media stuffed up, everyone got ahead of the facts, and Gil wasn't one of those people. Very impressed by the way the AFL handled this whole situation, and once again disappointed the media acted inappropriately. With that being said, Dustin Martin is no angel either, he surely knows he will be a target when he goes out, so just stay at home FFS.
Yeah he should probably stay indoors of an evening.

Look at what collingwood players did to some poor unsuspecting girl after their recent success. That coupled with hanging out with known murderers and chewing on steroid laden steak, well you'd be excused for thinking they would never be allowed out again.

They really need to look at their culture over there at Vic Park.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was using woman basher as an example.Could be anything you care to imagine.
The point is that the claim needs to or proved.
There was **** all to help prove any of what she claimed.
Lets just use what you're upset about then that we do know as fact, that Martin was standing at the table talking to her,and led away by a mate.
That's what we know.
We don't know what was said,in what context,how threatening...
What would you like to happen to him?

Great post.

Great question.

He was drunk, he was ejected, he stood over the woman and had to be pulled away from his mate multiple times.

I think on those facts alone the Richmond Football Club should have given some type of punishment. A fine, a small suspension (NAB cup will do) to show that an AFL club finds those 3 things unacceptable to an AFL listed player.

Not a suspended fine... That says Richmond thinks he was close to breaching team rules... but not close enough.

I think considering the education the players get he was out of line. NAB cup games and an actual fine would have been enough to show everyone that Richmond FC does not accept this behaviour... instead it kinda shows that it's ok.

Great post.

Great question.

He was drunk, he was ejected, he stood over the woman and had to be pulled away from his mate multiple times.

I think on those facts alone the Richmond Football Club should have given some type of punishment. A fine, a small suspension (NAB cup will do) to show that an AFL club finds those 3 things unacceptable to an AFL listed player.

Not a suspended fine... That says Richmond thinks he was close to breaching team rules... but not close enough.

I think considering the education the players get he was out of line. NAB cup games and an actual fine would have been enough to show everyone that Richmond FC does not accept this behaviour... instead it kinda shows that it's ok.

You realise our president is a prominent female yeah? I think you should check her out. You reckon she would just gloss over this issue?

Aaahahahahahahhaahha!!!

Yep. Got it.

It's most righteous bro. Never forget it

Great post.

Great question.

Well that's fair enough.
We are on a similar train of thought.

Great post.

Great question.

Or maybe they think that having his name dragged through the mud over about 6 weeks in the media was punishment enough. Gale spoke of Martin's "significant distress" today.

Or maybe they think that having his name dragged through the mud over about 6 weeks in the media was punishment enough. Gale spoke of Martin's "significant distress" today.
This is true also.
It's been my whole beef all along.
And it really annoys me that those who crusade against Martin paint those defending his treatment from media before all the facts are laid out, as being anti women or not treating violence against women seriously.
It's so narrow minded.
And if it's pissed us off imagine how Martin must have felt.

Omg stop for a second and actually read your comment. "He knows he's a target so stay home ffs"
You actually wrote that? Wow... Yeah umm ok... that's the most cooked, s**t suggestion ever

Again, where does this claim come from?

Chief, let me ask you this (serious question) & to anyone else thinking charges couldn't be laid without her statement.

Who's the first person you would question if investigating this?
If 1 party says they don't remember & the other doesn't want to provide a statement why continue with the investigation if you know it won't/can't go anywhere?

& I don't know the answer but I'm just trying to think it through rationally

- man has life motto of 'Live free. Die free' tattooed across chest
- man is drunk in restaurant, puts chopsticks in mouth and makes walrus noises
- woman chastises man over behaviour
- man replies angrily, "Don't *in' tell me how to live my life!"

That's what passes for "big news" these days.

he surely knows he will be a target when he goes out, so just stay at home FFS.

That's not right man, every time he steps foot outside the house he should not live his life in fear of being a victim to media vultures and the general public. No football player should feel like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back