Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
On the recent talk about BT in some of these last posts
I used to love him, but this year he has really gone over the top in the umpire bashes (or trying to point out how they ****ed up)

When he's not saying stuff like "that was a throw umpire" "he dropped it, it's holding the ball" I like him

but all these calls that makes him seem like an arrogent prick thinking he's bigger than the umpires. Just drive me crazy. I've just about cut down on my foxtel veiwing to just about include Dwayne Russell games (when it's not Adelaide I can stand him, and if it's Adelaide, I guess I have to put up with him)
One of the main reasons I love BT is due to his humour and constant umpire bashing. They deserve it for trying to ruin the game. :thumbsu:

cammo6556

Cancelled
10k Posts Baghdad Bombers - Sweet F.A. BeanCoiNFT Investor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Oct 10, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
If you mixed Kelli Underwood and Sam Lane, you'd only have to mix in someone else who could keep up with the play and BAM, we got a female commentator.....and mix in Pendlebury's missus as well beause...yeah.

Am I assuming you'd take Sam lanes voice. Underwood sounds like someone is strangling steve urkel

harry32

Rookie
Oct 7, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Raiders
I never used to mind him but he's annoyed me this year. Normally I just ignore the commentators because I don't really like most of them but his crap about the Edwards - Mcleod saga was infuriating. And in the game against St. Kilda where every time Nick Dal Santo touched the ball or did anything (he had a good game against us) Russell would go on to mention how we picked Richard Douglas over Dal Santo as if to say that we made the wrong decision picking Douglas, when he's probably been or best player this year.

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
I never used to mind him but he's annoyed me this year. Normally I just ignore the commentators because I don't really like most of them but his crap about the Edwards - Mcleod saga was infuriating. And in the game against St. Kilda where every time Nick Dal Santo touched the ball or did anything (he had a good game against us) Russell would go on to mention how we picked Richard Douglas over Dal Santo as if to say that we made the wrong decision picking Douglas, when he's probably been or best player this year.

It's actually Reilly that we picked over Del Santo, but regardless I totally agree with you and he brings it up all the time as a dig at the club. Just irks me that with us it's always the negatives too that he only chooses to bring up like a few years ago it was Brad Ebert that the Crows overlooked for Patrick Dangerfield yet there is now no comment from Dewayne on it anymore.

macca23

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 16, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
It's actually Reilly that we picked over Del Santo, but regardless I totally agree with you and he brings it up all the time as a dig at the club. Just irks me that with us it's always the negatives too that he only chooses to bring up like a few years ago it was Brad Ebert the magarey medalist from SA that the Crows overlooked for Patrick Dangerfield yet there is now no comment from Dewayne on it anymore.

I've known Dwayne personally since he was a kid, and he's always been a Port feral and an absolute Crows hater - his dad John was like that so no hope for Dwayne.

Dwayne played for Port Magpies before going to Geelong - he desperately wanted to go to Collingwood because they were the Victorian Magpies but ended up at Geelong.

He's a Port feral through and through and as such never misses a chance to shaft the Crows, whether its based on substance or not.

I'll say one thing for him, he must stay up all night studying those liitle facts on players backgrounds he keeps dropping - he didn't impress me as being overly bright as a kid. :D

Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
Someone, either in this thread or in a Dwayne Russell thread earlier in the year, pointed out how he always calls for umpiring decisions and then speaks out in surprise when it's not called. I hadn't noticed it before, and now I can't stop hearing it every time I hear him call a game :eek: "Holding the ball here... not paid!! :eek:" "Push in the back... missed by the umpire!! :eek:"

I don't know, in the past there were a few commentators I actively disliked (I've always hated listening to Campbell) and the rest I was fairly ambivalent about but at the moment I find most of them grate at me, even in matches where the Crows aren't playing and I have no particular affinity to either team on the park. Perhaps it's just me growing older and grumpier? :eek:

NiceCunnington

Premiership Player
Nov 8, 2009
Altona Video Ezy
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Hamish McIntosh
Dwayne is the biggest w***er of all time. Bloke on the previous page is the first person I've ever heard say a positive word about him.

Sep 16, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GO YOU CROW BOYS
I have noticed that he has now conveniently stopped talking about how we drafted Dangerfield instead of the local magary medalist Brad Ebert now that everyone knows that Dangerfield was clearly the better pick of the two.

Speaking of clueless idiots... fairly sure Dwayne would not have mentioned Brad Ebert winning a Magarey Medal since he never did.

If he has I take back every nice thing I said about him.. given you have.. well let's leave it at that.

Sep 16, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GO YOU CROW BOYS

Really.. he said that.. we picked Douglas over Dal Santo.

Sheesh.

Sep 16, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GO YOU CROW BOYS
It's actually Reilly that we picked over Del Santo, but regardless I totally agree with you and he brings it up all the time as a dig at the club. Just irks me that with us it's always the negatives too that he only chooses to bring up like a few years ago it was Brad Ebert the magarey medalist from SA that the Crows overlooked for Patrick Dangerfield yet there is now no comment from Dewayne on it anymore.

Ok - seriously.. did Russell say Brad Ebert had won a Magarey? Brad?

If so - did he?? I don't remember it and can't see it on any listings of Magarey winners.

The fact you've made the same 'mistake' twice when bagging someone elses credibility makes me start to doubt myself...

porpoise

Senior List
Jan 13, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Dwayne is the biggest w***er of all time. Bloke on the previous page is the first person I've ever heard say a positive word about him.

Of all time - big statement! You obviously haven't seen the opinion surveys that regularly rate the tv commentators most liked by the public as #1 Commetti, #2 Russell?

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
Speaking of clueless idiots... fairly sure Dwayne would not have mentioned Brad Ebert winning a Magarey Medal since he never did.

If he has I take back every nice thing I said about him.. given you have.. well let's leave it at that.

hahahaha sorry my stupid mistake I have been sick and not thinking straight, I meant the All Australian junior Ebert.

My bad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sekaj

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 18, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Little facts are okay every now and then, but it seems like every game of ours he comentates he will bring up the same s**t over and over again. An example is when Reilly has the ball he will talk for the 100th time about how the Crows took Reilly before Del Santo in the draft

LOL yeah I noticed that as well. I'm actually looking forward to our next game that he calls to see if he brings it up again. :D

thebirdman 24

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
'That was a gem'

'Gets pushed in the back...not paid' 'Dropped the ball....not paid' 'High tackle....not paid' worst commentator in the business besides Underwood. I do enjoy that other fox commentator who does some of our games.

Sir Vlado

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
Yeah, but Underwood's only been around for two years and sometimes commentates. But Russell, he's been around for ages.

Back