Dylan Buckley - Time is on my side ... yes it is

Remove this Banner Ad

Go right ahead. I'd be interested in your opinion.
In terms of genuine mids, Griffen, Cooney, Liberatore, Wallis, Boyd (granted very close to being finished), Stevens (underrated) all ahead of him for mine. Good goalsneak but I just don't consider him to be a centreman.

I must concede though having checked his stats, he started getting plenty of the ball at the back end of last season... Might have a mid's tank after all!

In terms of genuine mids, Griffen, Cooney, Liberatore, Wallis, Boyd (granted very close to being finished), Stevens (underrated) all ahead of him for mine. Good goalsneak but I just don't consider him to be a centreman.

I must concede though having checked his stats, he started getting plenty of the ball at the back end of last season... Might have a mid's tank after all!
He sure did. I think he's looking better and better and I feel that Buckley's game is not dissimilar. Bucks is just 1-2 season behind as it was harder to break into our team in comparison to the dogs (suspect, one-eyed opinion).

Will be interesting to see Touhy, Walker, Simpson, Buckley and yarran all in the one team if we can fit them in. Fair bit of dash on our hands there.

Not sure there's room for all of them. Bucks might be 1st cab off the rank if any of the others are unavailable for whatever reason.

Scotland will play after being listed as a nominated rookie. Good signs by Buckley who has more footy smarts than Joseph, but it's only the NAB Cup. Wouldn't play him as a rebounder and defender this early in his career. Not a lot of smalls going around for Dylan to start on.

Will wait for Docherty to get back on the park before pencilling in Dylan. Buckley might beat Docherty for intensity and speed, but the latter has a stronger body. Mick listed Sam as best 22 on talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scotland will play after being listed as a nominated rookie. Good signs by Buckley who has more footy smarts than Joseph, but it's only the NAB Cup. Wouldn't play him as a rebounder and defender this early in his career. Not a lot of smalls going around for Dylan to start on.

Will wait for Docherty to get back on the park before pencilling in Dylan. Buckley might beat Docherty for intensity and speed, but the latter has a stronger body. Mick listed Sam as best 22 on talent.

Better kick as well. Buckley needs to take a couple of steadying steps before he kicks when he is going full pace.
A couple of kicks on Monday night were poorly directed, and I hope this can be easily fixed.

Will be interesting to see Touhy, Walker, Simpson, Buckley and yarran all in the one team if we can fit them in. Fair bit of dash on our hands there.

Can add Thomas to that list as well.
Showed a good turn of speed on Monday night.

Can add Thomas to that list as well.
Showed a good turn of speed on Monday night.

And Everitt, If we wanted to we can really play a quick team. It's going to be just about getting the balance right and not having too many slow players and not too many quick players who can't compete physically. Judd and Murphy, if they are fit they can really motor as well and obviously Garlett. It's the pace coming out of the back half that really excites me. Docherty may add to this as well. Players who follow up their kicks and run hard and keep running from defence and can hit targets lace out like Tuohy does so often, this is where we will win matches from.

Kicking seems to be the second piece of the puzzle. Buckley is a good kick, he missed a couple of targets the other day but some of his other kicks were lace out. Simpson can be erratic, particularly early in the season but he's often good. Tuohu is a great kick. Yarran is a good kick when settled but not on the run. Walker is generally a really good kick but sometimes tries to do to much. Watson, Henderson and Jamison are all really good kicks. Everitt is a beautiful kick. The backline aught to be the place where our attacks are all started from. Some ordinary kicks in our midfield is where we might get hurt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back