Rumour Dylan Shiel to Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Shiel will be coming back to Melbourne.... This weekend, as GWS have the week off.

In all seriousness, he'll be playing for a Melbourne based club from 2016 onwards. Maybe 2015 dependent on how good an offer GWS get for him. He wants to come home and play in Melbourne. Has family here and is dating the daughter of Choco Williams.
Does he want to? Only links and quotes ive seen is him saying how much he loves it up here and wants to be part of something special with this group. Any links about him wanting to come home?

Does he want to? Only links and quotes ive seen is him saying how much he loves it up here and wants to be part of something special with this group. Any links about him wanting to come home?

for what its worth someone on the saints board apparently knows his parents and said he is committed to the saints

do i believe he is actually committed to the saints...nope

Quite apart from the obvious quotes from Shiel himself about wanting to be in all those photos that will hang in the club rooms for 100 years - first team, first finals first flag etc. I would like to point out that Shiel could have walked years ago. It's not like we drafted him and forced him to come here for 2 years. He could have left before we entered the AFL like Simon Tunbridge did. He got homesick, couldn't hack Sydney and went home to Perth. Good luck to him playing for the Eagles. Shiel could have done the same, gone home to Melbourne and played for a Melbourne based club.

He didn't. He stayed.

Three years later, older, more mature and entrenched in his lifestyle (and having signed one contract extension already) - yeah I can see the homesickness really kicking in:rolleyes:

Quite apart from the obvious quotes from Shiel himself about wanting to be in all those photos that will hang in the club rooms for 100 years - first team, first finals first flag etc. I would like to point out that Shiel could have walked years ago. It's not like we drafted him and forced him to come here for 2 years. He could have left before we entered the AFL like Simon Tunbridge did. He got homesick, couldn't hack Sydney and went home to Perth. Good luck to him playing for the Eagles. Shiel could have done the same, gone home to Melbourne and played for a Melbourne based club.

He didn't. He stayed.

Three years later, older, more mature and entrenched in his lifestyle (and having signed one contract extension already) - yeah I can see the homesickness really kicking in:rolleyes:
He's tossing it up. He's not homesick, but he also has things drawing him to leave for home.

He's tossing it up. He's not homesick, but he also has things drawing him to leave for home.

Such as?

And don't say Choco William's daughter. She's a grown adult. She's over 18 and can move to Sydney just as much as the other way around. Adam Treloar's girlfriend did.

Such as?

And don't say Choco William's daughter. She's a grown adult. She's over 18 and can move to Sydney just as much as the other way around. Adam Treloar's girlfriend did.

the speculation on GWS players is starting to get out of control. its bizarre hysteria

rumors being made up left right and center

i'd be surprised if any of shiel, patton, cameron leave

You and Ichabod Noodle take things said by players far too seriously and as gospel, when it's not always that way. Yeah sure Shiel, Tomlinson, Cameron, Patton, Boyd aren't all going to want to leave or are leaving, but you'd be pretty naive to believe that what all the Giants players are saying is gospel.

Nearly every player who has requested a move in recent seasons said during the season they loved their club, loved their mates and the culture but just wanted to think about it at the end of the season, and then upped and left. It happens.

FWIW I reckon Boyd will come home and McCarthy will get real opportunities and salary elsewhere, and Toby Greene will also be a young kid traded out from GWS once better teammates overtake him, but the Giants will be able to keep their core 8-10 group (Patton, Cameron, Tomlinson, Shiel, Coniglio, Whitfield, Kelly, Treloar) as those are the guys who will be getting above their 'market' salaries at GWS - it would take way too much to prise them away.

Not really. Just annoying when every fan says they wont trade their untouchables. But supposedly every player wants out of our place because their fathers sisters cousin says so.
Absolutely we will lose a few. But Shiel? Patton? Hmmm id say they were our untouchables.

Not really. Just annoying when every fan says they wont trade their untouchables. But supposedly every player wants out of our place because their fathers sisters cousin says so.
Absolutely we will lose a few. But Shiel? Patton? Hmmm id say they were our untouchables.

Ablett was our untouchable. Went well for us. Also said he loved Geelong. Loved playing and living at Geelong. Unlikely to leave.

Sound familiar?

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He didn't. He stayed.

Pretty sure Buddy said he'd love to stay at Hawthorn last year and loved the club. Words and actions are different.

Know any clubs that are going to spend what the suns did?

buddy_kurt.jpg

Such as?

You sound a bit like a scorned lover at the thought that Dylan is weighing up his options.

From what I'm told that's exactly what he is doing.

You sound a bit like a scorned lover at the thought that Dylan is weighing up his options.

From what I'm told that's exactly what he is doing.

He's giving Hawthorn the GLAD EYE!

Sheil may well go, but not to Melbourne. 3 months ago the placewas looking like they were on the improve but now it is clear that GWS will play finals before Melbourne. Can't think of a single reason to go to Melbourne, especially when he can get the same sort of money at GWS.

Somewhere like Hawthorn would be far more attractive, but my money is on him lining up in round 1 2015 in the same jumper he has on now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back