Rumour Dylan Shiel to Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheil may well go, but not to Melbourne. 3 months ago the placewas looking like they were on the improve but now it is clear that GWS will play finals before Melbourne. Can't think of a single reason to go to Melbourne, especially when he can get the same sort of money at GWS.

Somewhere like Hawthorn would be far more attractive, but my money is on him lining up in round 1 2015 in the same jumper he has on now.

Its not clear anything, in 2012 it was clear West Coast were going to play finals before Port Adelaide
How is that one looking now

Two different people actually.

Over coffee, with a prominent legend of the game.

HE HAS ALREADY PICKED HIS NUMBER FOR 2015!!!

Oh, so it's okay for Melbourne to chase free agents during the season, but if anyone else does it, Lyon throws a tantrum and cries foul.

What a hypocritical club.

Yes because Garry Lyon speaks for the entire Melbourne Football club.

:rolleyes:

Silly Garry for suggesting Melbourne go after a talented player in Motlop.

:drunk:

My God man, get some perspective.

Its not clear anything, in 2012 it was clear West Coast were going to play finals before Port Adelaide
How is that one looking now
In 2012 Port Adelaide had talent, but had the worst coach in the AFL (and one of the worst coaches I've ever seen), where a shambles off field. Port also had one major thing that Melbourne don't have, a club that has an inbred culture that losing isn't acceptable.

Melbourne now, have a top coach, have no off-field dramas and are still playing crap football. Ken Hinkley turned Port Adelaide around during one preseason, Paul Roos has had a preseason and almost a full year and look at what was served up on Sunday.

I'll stand by my comment that I believe that GWS will play finals before Melbourne and are willing to bet on it if need be.

Yes, we all know how much good work Garry Lyon has done for Melbourne in recent years. He's one of the last standing links between the disaster years of tanking and now.

Best thing the Melbourne board could do is put out a statement that Garry Lyon in no way represents the Melbourne FC in any capacity.

Lyon looked stupid for the assertion tha tGeleong has not been targeted and that going after Mots would " square the ledger".

As Scotty said at the time, Cookie, Balmey, our chef, Harry Taylor, Gary Ablett, Steven Wells. List goes on. We have been targeted plenty. Going after Mots wold be nothing new - but go ahead and play the victim card some more Gary and alloy for ANOTHER priority pick….

Go Catters

Breaking News: Dylan Shiel set to stay a Giant
By Glenn Gulliver
Updated: August 8, 2014
DYLAN-SH1-610x370.jpg

GWS young gun Dylan Shiel is set to snub offers from several Melbourne based clubs that would see him return to Victoria and has signed a deal to stay a Giant for 3 more years.

Rumours have been circulating over recent months that suggested Shiel would be seeking a return to a Melbourne based club at seasons end with Richmond and Melbourne his preferred destinations however Shiel still had a year remaining on his current contract.

The 181cm midfielder has long been touted as a future captain at AFL level and it is a credit to his character to remain with the Giants on a long term deal.

Shiel, who has played 46 games and finished fourth in the club’s best and fairest last season has been one of the Giants best in 2014 averaging 22 possessions from 13 games this season after overcoming an early quad injury sustained in his sides surprise win over Sydney Swans in Round 1.

The GWS list management team will now turn it’s attention to re-signing top draft picks Jeremy Cameron, Stephen Coniglio, Devon Smith, Tom Boyd and Jonathon Patton, all of whom have 1 year still to run on their existing contracts.

Kristian Jaksch and Jono O’Rourke remain out of contract at the Giants and are also rumoured to be seeking a return to Victoria.

The Giants are said to be on the lookout for a key defender come October’s trade period.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

What was that about desperate to return to Victoria?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure when Dylan Shiel hop's on bigfooty seeing you fight others for him to stay will be so proud of you and think your so cute lol :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back