Rumour Dylan Shiel to Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Shiel wont be at melbourne.

/end thread
Just like Dom Tyson to Tigers two years ago was done deal? Ok.

We arent sooking mary.
I just think that every rumour seems to be GWS.
If you look at last years changes{and we had to move on players}we had one request for a trade out.
Check out the list turnover of some victorian clubs compared to ours.
It's because the more you guys improve, the more you'll have to pay the players to stay otherwise they'll get a better deal elsewhere.

GO Catters
Do you insist on saying "Go Catters" every single post?

Your an Idiot

We arent desperate to offload Toumpas, If he is so crap why do you insist on trading for him?
The rest of what you said is just dribble... You guys are asking about Toumpas, Im telling you what it takes to get him
If you dont want to pay it, Move on

No one is insisting on trading for him - according to the media reports you have him up for offer and will be asking for bids

Yes, if you don't get what you want he will stay, but don't get precious about this. This is your garage sale, your club is the one driving this.

No one is insisting on trading for him - according to the media reports you have him up for offer and will be asking for bids

Yes, if you don't get what you want he will stay, but don't get precious about this. This is your garage sale, your club is the one driving this.

According to 1 media source

Just like Dom Tyson to Tigers two years ago was done deal? Ok.

It's because the more you guys improve, the more you'll have to pay the players to stay otherwise they'll get a better deal elsewhere.

Do you insist on saying "Go Catters" every single post?

Heh? go ask Tom. It was well reported that we were right into Tyson but unfortunately we could not match your pick to get the deal done. Happens all the time, so have no idea what your point is ?

Again, you are dreaming if you think Shiel will be coming to melbourne. I will say this though, the gloss of roos and pick two wont be as bright as it was for players seeking trades like it was last year.

Heh? go ask Tom. It was well reported that we were right into Tyson but unfortunately we could not match your pick to get the deal done. Happens all the time, so have no idea what your point is ?

Again, you are dreaming if you think Shiel will be coming to melbourne. I will say this though, the gloss of roos and pick two wont be as bright as it was for players seeking trades like it was last year.

Thats what everyone says every year, They won't be moving to us for for finals

It will be long contracts at big $$

No, you dont get my point. I am saying Shiel wont be at melbourne, not to knock melbourne but to highlight how unlikely a deal could be done while he is still in contract. If he was out of contract and asked to be traded, then the odds would be higher.

Shiel is a star.
He would take less money and a shorter contract and go to a contender than go to Melbourne.
IMO he would be stupid to leave GWS when they are 1-2 years away from playing finals to go to Melbourne which is 5-6 years away from finals.

Players play to gain success. They dont just play for fun.

Shiel is a star.
He would take less money and a shorter contract and go to a contender than go to Melbourne.
IMO he would be stupid to leave GWS when they are 1-2 years away from playing finals to go to Melbourne which is 5-6 years away from finals.

LOL no.

Shiel is a star.

They also play for money.

It's amazing how a large bag of guaranteed cash can change someone's mind about where they want to play ... and they always have the option of taking a pay cut to play for a contender at the end of his career, after his house is paid off and his investment fund is looking after a comfortable work-free lifestyle for the rest of his life.

Shiel is a star.

Players are playing more and more for money these days, Don't be so naive

Its very very unlikely Shiel will come to the demons, but we can put a financial offer to Shiel that he couldnt get at GWS

Don't under estimate how much of an Impact the Jon Patton injury would have had on some of those kids
He went from a million dollar contract a year for 5 years at the Bulldogs to doing a knee a week later and losing that opportunity

There is no way that if Melbourne or Richmond or Stkilda or ******* anyone put a 6 year offer at 800k per season in front of him he wouldn't consider it knowing that his career could be over in the bend of a knee
No, you dont get my point. I am saying Shiel wont be at melbourne, not to knock melbourne but to highlight how unlikely a deal could be done while he is still in contract. If he was out of contract and asked to be traded, then the odds would be higher.

Yeah of course I agree, but any club could still write a figure on a napkin and accidentally leave it infront of him

LOL YES.

Sorry, that is not a troll or a knock but reality IMO. Roos I believe has said it himself it will take a few seasons yet to really effect cultural change at your club. Also you will need to cut your list back and re start with players who dont have that baggage that has ruined your year this year. So with both factors it may take 3 pre seasons and drafting to start to climb back up the ladder. So 3-5 before you are again a finals team is no stretch IMO.

When Damien took over and cut our list to shreds in two seasons, it took him to his 4th year to get us to finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They also play for money.

It's amazing how a large bag of guaranteed cash can change someone's mind about where they want to play ... and they always have the option of taking a pay cut to play for a contender at the end of his career, after his house is paid off and his investment fund is looking after a comfortable work-free lifestyle for the rest of his life.
True.
I should of explained my point more.
If it came down to Melbourne and GWS and money id be surpised if he left GWS to go to Melbourne.

LOL YES.

Sorry, that is not a troll or a knock but reality IMO. Roos I believe has said it himself it will take a few seasons yet to really effect cultural change at your club. Also you will need to cut your list back and re start with players who dont have that baggage that has ruined your year this year. So with both factors it may take 3 pre seasons and drafting to start to climb back up the ladder. So 3-5 before you are again a finals team is no stretch IMO.

When Damien took over and cut our list to shreds in two seasons, it took him to his 4th year to get us to finals.

We've won 4 games and there was about 6 or 7 losses under 20 points that we could have won while dealing with injuries to key forwards, ruckmen and midfielders.

We've been horrendous these last couple of weeks but our future isn't as bleak as people seem to think.

LOL YES.

Im sick of hearing other supporters telling us we won't make finals for half a decade

We get it we know we are s**t, that doesnt mean we become irrelevant in every trade discussion

In the Priority Pick thread everyone says Melbourne shouldnt get a pick because they should just trade in talent and build there list

yet every thread where someone mentions melbourne and a player its ' melbournes to s**t to get anyone why would they go there'

Im off the main board your all flogs

Im sick of hearing other supporters telling us we won't make finals for half a decade

We get it we know we are s**t, that doesnt mean we become irrelevant in every trade discussion

In the Priority Pick thread everyone says Melbourne shouldnt get a pick because they should just trade in talent and build there list

yet every thread where someone mentions melbourne and a player its ' melbournes to s**t to get anyone why would they go there'

Im off the main board your all flogs

hey man, you need to get out in the sunshine, throw a ball or something. You have taken feedback way to far. I never said Melbourne cant get a gun in trade. All i have said they are unlikely to land shiel this year as he is in contract.

We've won 4 games and there was about 6 or 7 losses under 20 points that we could have won while dealing with injuries to key forwards, ruckmen and midfielders.

We've been horrendous these last couple of weeks but our future isn't as bleak as people seem to think.

Never said its bleak but even your coach admitted a full rebuild still needs to happen. I hope you guys get it done early and launch up a year or two from now but coming from first hand experience with my club it normally takes at least a minimum of 3 years before you start winning those close games.

Never said its bleak but even your coach admitted a full rebuild still needs to happen. I hope you guys get it done early and launch up a year or two from now but coming from first hand experience with my club it normally takes at least a minimum of 3 years before you start winning those close games.

The massive difference between what Richmond did with Hardwick and Melbourne are doing with Roos is that Roos has built a team before and developed players before whereas Richmond was Hardwicks first crack as a senior coach, we will rise up the ladder sooner than people think.

There was a massive turnaround in the space of one pre-season with Roos, nobody knows what a second full pre-season could produce now that he's familiar with the players.

Anyway not the thread to harp on about it.

Lol? How old are you?

Melbourne is so far behind every club its not funny.
They are the laughing stock of the AFL.

The expantion clubs and free agency has come at a terrible time for Melbourne but you definatley havent helped your self.
Your drafting since 2008 has been laughable tbh.

there is no way you will attack a star play.
Tyson came on the hype of the saviour Roos. I bet he is regretting that now. His face after your loss to GWS was a highlight.

Lol? How old are you?

The expantion clubs and free agency has come at a terrible time for Melbourne but you definatley havent helped your self.

Tyson came on the hype of the saviour Roos. I bet he is regretting that now. His face after your loss to GWS was a highlight.
Hey hey hey. Dont blame us. They were screwing picks well before the suns and giants showed up ;)

Lol? How old are you?

Old enough to not decapitate the English language, good God.

We aren't "so far behind every club" get your hand off it.

Like I said before within the first year of Roos' tenure we've won 4 games and could have won 6 or 7 more games that were decided by under 20 points, we've got some deficiencies of course which need addressing.

People are overreacting to the end of the season where we've been poor because we're a young team that's run out of steam, this is the first year in recent times that we've had a consistent 22 where there has been minimal changes per week.

The shift in defensive philosophy in the space of one off season has been massive and now with familiarity with the players, Roos can take that to the next step in the coming off season.

Some key additions and a big pre-season and we will be a much better team next year.

Old enough to not decapitate the English language, good God.

We aren't "so far behind every club" get your hand off it.

Like I said before within the first year of Roos' tenure we've won 4 games and could have won 6 or 7 more games that were decided by under 20 points, we've got some deficiencies of course which need addressing.

People are overreacting to the end of the season where we've been poor because we're a young team that's run out of steam, this is the first year in recent times that we've had a consistent 22 where there has been minimal changes per week.

The shift in defensive philosophy in the space of one off season has been massive and now with familiarity with the players, Roos can take that to the next step in the coming off season.

Some key additions and a big pre-season and we will be a much better team next year.

every team has close matches buddy. Look at Carlton and Geelong this year. Even us.

2708player_ages_353-300x0.jpg
All of the clubs below you on the age ladder are above you on the real ladder.
Melbourne isnt a young team.
They are just s**t.

every team has close matches buddy. Look at Carlton and Geelong this year. Even us.

View attachment 76320
They are just s**t.

Outside of Vince, Cross, Jones, Jamar, Frawley, Garland, Pedersen and Dunn the rest our list is pretty young and inexperienced, with Cross and Jamar having probably one year left and Frawley potentially (or probably) going this year that number would drop a fair bit.

You can believe what you want, I don't care much like I'm sure you don't care about my opinion of Richmond being built to be nothing more than a fringe finals team with no chance at a Premiership.

View attachment 76320
They are just s**t.
Looking at that ladder it scares me how good we could be in a couple of years. We must have a team of child prodigies!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back