Dyson Heppell vs Dion Prestia

Heppell vs Prestia

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Prestia by a bit, not much but his contested work is magnificent.

Would take either, both guns.

Pretty close but I prefer Prestia. His disposal is less loopy, he's quicker and goes for the kill with his disposal more than Heppell who seems to try and find safe options too often.
Agree with this. Both excellent and consistent players, but Prestia just has that little bit extra to his game.

:D Looks like Carlton's inability to spot talent extends to their fans as well.
He's a classic, Kruezer is not only elite but the best ruckman in the AFL

Probably Heppell just. Prestia is the more complete package, but also more of the finished product IMO, physically and how he plays. While Heppell has more weaknesses, he's already playing to great standard and he still has physical growth in regards to his frame.

Also I think he's taken a while to adjust to his lanky body. Not sure on the numbers, but he seems taller than his first year and only now seems to be regaining some kicking penetration he showed in his first year.

For next week; Prestia, for the next five years; Heppell.

No-one knows, but Jaeger has better scope for improvement and is already an extremely good footballer. His best is A-Grade already, next year he's going to set the competition on fire.
No-one knows, but Prestia has better scope for improvement and is already an extremely good footballer. His best is A-Grade already, next year he's going to set the competition on fire.

Seriously, Jaeger O'Meara is so ****ing overrated it hurts; every time he does something slightly good, there's a ****ing ejaculation fest from supporters, commentators & pretty much every man & their dog. I swear it's something about that ****ing mini-draft; every player that came out of that stupid thing is universally considered to be far better than the National Draft they could've entered. Prestia's been far better this season, it's not even a contest.

As for the poll, Prestia. Heppell may be talented, but he's a flake.

Last edited:
No-one knows, but Prestia has better scope for improvement and is already an extremely good footballer. His best is A-Grade already, next year he's going to set the competition on fire.

Seriously, Jaeger O'Meara is so ****ing overrated it hurts; every time he does something slightly good, there's a ****ing ejaculation fest from supporters, commentators & pretty much every man & their dog. I swear it's something about that ****ing mini-draft; every player that came out of that stupid thing is universally considered to be far better than the National Draft they could've entered. Prestia's been far better this season, it's not even a contest.

Are you serious?

Top 30 for tackles, top 25 for clearances and top 15 for contested possessions this season. Averages more CP's than Hannebery, Nathan Jones, Travis Boak and Jobe Watson.

Top 30 for tackles, top 25 for clearances and top 15 for contested possessions this season. Averages more CP's than Hannebery, Nathan Jones, Travis Boak and Jobe Watson.
Those stats carry about as much weight as a feather. Who cares if he wins the contested ball, anyone can win it; being damaging with it is a different story and from what I've seen, O'Meara isn't as damaging as some of the best young midfielders in the competition.

Liberatore smashes him in every one of those stats, yet I'm willing to bet you and 90% of the user-base here will say O'Meara's the far better footballer.

You've also gotten your contested possessions stats wrong. He's 33rd in the AFL for average contested possessions, well behind the four you mentioned. Source is the AFL Site.

Those stats carry about as much weight as a feather. Who cares if he wins the contested ball, anyone can win it; being damaging with it is a different story and from what I've seen, O'Meara isn't as damaging as some of the best young midfielders in the competition.

Liberatore smashes him in every one of those stats, yet I'm willing to bet you and 90% of the user-base here will say O'Meara's the far better footballer.

You've also gotten your contested possessions stats wrong. He's 33rd in the AFL for average contested possessions, well behind the four you mentioned. Source is the AFL Site.
I was talking about Heppell

I was talking about Heppell
....huh....whoops.... damn bigfooty for making it so I have to click the quote to see everything.

As for those stats, they still don't prove much. Contested possessions are disposals accumulated from within a certain vicinity of a contest. Not sure there's a stat for it, but true contested possessions should be balls won after making body contact.

Tackles are another; high endurance improves the tackle count than bravery.

I say he's a flake based on performances like the one against Collingwood in the Anzac Day clash, where he was pushed off the ball easily numerous times.

....huh....whoops.... damn bigfooty for making it so I have to click the quote to see everything.

As for those stats, they still don't prove much. Contested possessions are disposals accumulated from within a certain vicinity of a contest. Not sure there's a stat for it, but true contested possessions should be balls won after making body contact.

Tackles are another; high endurance improves the tackle count than bravery.

I say he's a flake based on performances like the one against Collingwood in the Anzac Day clash, where he was pushed off the ball easily numerous times.

lol for real? He was one of our best against Collingwood. Might not seem like much as we fell to pieces after the first quarter, but Heppell was one of a handful who continued to perform and get the hard ball for the full four quarters. So he got pushed off the ball by someone like Swan, big deal. I've seen Griffen get pushed off the ball countless times even this late in his career, doesn't mean he's a flake.

This whole Heppell is soft is one of the biggest myths perpetrated on BigFooty. Whenever it's his turn he goes no questions asked.

My Essendon hate is trying to convince me to go Prestia but I can't. As much as I like Prestia, it's Heppell for me, super player. Very enjoyable to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both players are no doubt stars of the future.
Both have gone up another level this season Prestias run is better than Heppells but Heppells in close work & work under pressure is better.
Heppell for me right now but there's very little in it.

You'd think that his performance in a Watson and Goddard-less midfield yesterday elevated his standard? How will Prestia cope in an Ablett-less Gold Coast midfield?

I like the comparison because Prestia is who we would have taken had Heppell been unavailable, so I have followed Prestia's career with great interest. He's an absolute gun. Not much to split them because Prestia has been so good this year, but I just see more upside for Heppell moving forwards, as well as more leadership potential (ie probably next Captain of Essendon). I see more of Heppell of course, and naturally I'm biased, but his desire to win the ball, and the way he gets his hands dirty is superb, and it makes people who think he's soft, a flake etc look very silly. Of course, these aren't areas he has it over Prestia necessarily, just saying.

The first year BigFooty conception of Heppell has a half-back chip scab is now hilarious, but not as hilarious as those on here who still think it

Prestia in a heartbeat, Heppel just too skinny and will always be hindered because of this.

Prestia in a heartbeat, Heppel just too skinny and will always be hindered because of this.
Like how he had 11 clearances against the best inside team in the AFL?

Out of all the possible things that you could come up with as to why Heppell isn't as good, you go with skinny?

Really?

hahaha uh huh

Dyson+Heppell+AFL+Rd+2+Essendon+v+Port+Adelaide+0hDtmIIsOmLl.jpg

Back