Multiplat EA Sports UFC

Remove this Banner Ad

Just finished playing a bit of the demo, early thoughts are it looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. It's arcadey, yet the control scheme is confusing as s**t and the game despite being on Easy seemed quite difficult. Disappointed with it so far, will probably try it again tomorrow and see if I like it more.

Must say I liked the concept of the submission system though, even though it will probably take a while to get used to.

Last edited:
Bought a PS4 today and had been very keen to finally play this.

I am very very worried about it. I read in an article that there were going to be way less finishes in this game, yeah ******* right. All of my fights so far have ended within the first round, most being close to the first HALF of the first round.

Jones doing cartwheels 1 meter away from his opponent? Come the * on.

The game looks stunning when the opponents are standing there, not fighting.. But as soon as they start swinging the beauty of it just flies right out the window. If the game looked like this but played the same way the THQ games played it would be amazing. Don't think I was able to throw 1 leg kick or stop 1 take down, going to have to learn this thing more. When I was on the ground I had no ******* idea, but all of a sudden playing as Jones I'd be able to reverse Gus and get mount as a reward my very little effort...lol

Give me my sways back, you ******* assholes.

When knockouts happened they didn't look very cool for me.. THQ mostly gave you plenty of warning that s**t was getting real. These ones seemed to happen out of the blue.

Plenty more of it still to be played before I make my final decision but the early impression is pretty meh.

And whats wrong with KO's happening out of the blue? It happens in real world MMA too. There is plenty of warning when a KO is coming though by the fact his head goes bright red (in the UI).

I understand that, even THQ had plenty of them out of the blue.. These ones have felt even more random than THQ's ones for me so far. Just taking some getting used to.

Not a fan of having the body on my screen telling me where the damage has been done.

Played the demo a couple times with Jones, won both by knock out first time half way through the first round and the second time at the start of the third, I'll be getting the game simply for the fact I want people to punch around a bit and if I can get a good 20 min gameplay of it every now and then, then it's good enough for me.

The game could be worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At around 6:02 when fat New York guy is mounted his arm keeps sinking into the leg of the guy ontop.

I like how at the end of the round fat new york guy gets slammed yet when the ref stands in they are both suddenly standing???

Big reds commentary made the video enjoyable but there is no way in hell I am buying this on release.

At around 6:02 when fat New York guy is mounted his arm keeps sinking into the leg of the guy ontop.

I like how at the end of the round fat new york guy gets slammed yet when the ref stands in they are both suddenly standing???

Big reds commentary made the video enjoyable but there is no way in hell I am buying this on release.

Wow that gameplay is comical. Some SERIOUS clipping going on there.

I'll try post some vids of the hardest and most realistic modes tomorrow night. I'll try to play using legit fight strategies as well. None of these MMA novices who just want boxing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back