NFL Each Team's Worst Moments Since 1987

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
PFT is running an on-going 32 part series, looking at each team's worst moments in franchise history since the last labor work stoppage 24 years ago in 1987.

Each link, there's a video inside to watch. Here are the team's they've done so far. Will update the list as they get released, will place newest ones at the top of the list...

Seahawks
Buccaneers
Chiefs
Bills
Falcons
Colts
Rams
49ers
Broncos
Giants
Panthers
Cardinals
Ravens
Browns
Oilers/Titans
Redskins
Bengals
Saints
Patriots
Texans
Lions
Dolphins
Eagles
Raiders
Cowboys
Chargers
Vikings
Jaguars
Bears
Jets
Packers
Steelers

Re: Worst Moments

Watched the Vikings entry and it made me sick to the stomach - to me the NFC Championship losses were the worst moments and the one that sticks out in my mind is the 1998 loss to the Falcons with Gary Anderson missing his only FG for the season to let the Falcons tie the game with a TD later in the game.

Luckily the Herschell Walker trade was before my time.....

Watched the Vikings entry and it made me sick to the stomach - to me the NFC Championship losses were the worst moments and the one that sticks out in my mind is the 1998 loss to the Falcons with Gary Anderson missing his only FG for the season to let the Falcons tie the game with a TD later in the game.

I vividly remember that one.. sounds like the Mike Vanderjagt story..perfect all season and then 'clunks it'. Sh*t happens.

What's more of a heartbreaker is having a kicker who nails his career best against your team in which your team lead all game to only succumb to an incredible kick... that same kicker would obviously miss his next few attempts against division rivals at a lesser distance. :mad:

I recall the Herschell Walker trade... he had a phenomenal season. all purpose 2,000+ yards, NFC Best RB in 1988 despite the Cowboys finishing 3-13. The Vikings were on the up.. having lost in the CC in '87, reaching the Divisional play-off in '88.. it was a 'Fire Sale trade' and 'gave up the ranch' which two NFL annual mags I still have that described the trade in which the Vikes running game improved only marginally.. 7th in Rushing and 14th on Offense. :eek:

Walker was shipped off to the Eagles after two & half campaigns and IRONICALLY ended his career in Dallas as a STer after the Cowboys had already peaked and were falling back to the pack.

Re: Each NFL Team's Worst Moments Since 1987

I would have the Botched snap from Romo at #1 to be honest for the cowboys

What makes it worse was that it was Gary Anderson's first missed FG in two years. That Vikings team of 1998 was so exciting to watch with their offensive explosiveness and Randall Cunningham playing like his younger self. I felt so bad for them to have not made it to the Super Bowl that year.

... Rams biggest mistake was releasing Kurt Warner.

Jim Everett gets a bad rap ... he was a very good qb with an ever crap offensive line ... and when we lost Ellard and Flipper Anderson ... it started going downhill ... all the whiner fans and there taunting and phantom sack ... the guy had been beat up all day in the 1989 NFC Championship game -- how about laying some blame on the O-line ... no just the QB who cops it .. team sport.

[YOUTUBE]j-Ua_msBsCE[/YOUTUBE]

Niners worst moment was the day the denise and john york took control of the team.

Ours are about what you would expect. Thing is though, other than the terrible coaching in the Super Bowl the others aren't entirely our fault. Moss showed he is a piece of crap by quitting on the field time and time again. Russell pretty much showed a similar thing as well as just not being committed to the game and the Tuck Rule wasn't our fault either, just a weird rule book thing that showed the NFL wanted the Pats to win (that part is put in just for GG and his conspiracy ways). And to put these things into perspective for me, Randy Moss was my favourite player and the reason I became an NFL fan in the first place, and I still shed tears thinking about my favourite player right now in Calvin Johnson. He could/should have been a Raider and we f***ed up. That for me is our worst moment ever, not drafting Megatron.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NYG v. Philly this year. Classic fail. :D

If there's a season, maybe. Must hope with all our hearts there is, but alas, I don't think there'll be a complete season. Maybe a December start or something...

If there's a season, maybe. Must hope with all our hearts there is, but alas, I don't think there'll be a complete season. Maybe a December start or something...

Someone hasnt been following the news. Its looking like TCs will open sometime b/w Wed and Sat this week :thumbsu:

Sad that KC's is the death of a player, especially a complete freaking legend like DT.

Could someone have got the hiring of Herm Edwardes or going with Elvis Grbac in the top 4 list? Both of those set KC back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back