B: Bennell Mackenzie McGovern
HB: Hurn Brown 1 of Ellis, Waters, Butler
C: Gaff Priddis Wellingham
HF: Darling Kennedy Masten
FF: Cripps Lycett LeCras
R: NicNat Shuey Yeo
INT: Selwood, Sheed, 1 of Ellis, Waters, Butler, Rosa
EMERG: Schofield, Rosa, Karpany
Wellingham would have to do a complete reversal in terms of attitude and performance before he leapfrogs Rosa onto a wing/into the team.

Be Warned Red players do not play for the Eagles at this point
B: J.Bennell Mckenzie Malcheski
HB: Yeo Brown Ellis
C: Rosa Priddis Gaff
HF: Newman Darling J.McGovern
F: J.Cripps Kennedy Lecras
R: NN Shuey S.Selwood
IC: Masten Lycett Hutchings
Sub: Pickett
E: A.Waterman Wellingham M.McGovern
I put Malcheski and the draft prospects in their because theirs a chance of getting them
If we don't get Malcheski or Pickett Welingham and Sheed replace them

Be Warned Red players do not play for the Eagles at this point
B: J.Bennell Mckenzie Malcheski
HB: Yeo Brown Ellis
C: Rosa Priddis Gaff
HF: Newman Darling J.McGovern
F: J.Cripps Kennedy Lecras
R: NN Shuey S.Selwood
IC: Masten Lycett Hutchings
Sub: Pickett
E: A.Waterman Wellingham M.McGovern
I put Malcheski and the draft prospects in their because theirs a chance of getting them
If we don't get Malcheski or Pickett Welingham and Sheed replace them

What happens to Bunga during the off-season?

B: Bennel Mckenzie Schofield
HB: Sheppard Brown Hurn
C: Gaff Priddis Rosa
HF:Darling McGovern Masten
F: Cripps Kennedy Lecras
R: Nicnat Yeo Shuey
INT: S.selwood Lycett Ellis
SUB: Sheed
Emerg: Colledge Tunbridge Sinclair Waterman

I think this is how the team will pan out. And I'm pretty alright with that. I think Waters could make a return because he is a gun although not sure who he'd slot in for. I was surprised to not see much love for Sheppard his awesome penetrating kick and speed make him a dangerous and perfect back flanker and I think he could possibly even improve on last year. I am also a pretty big fan of Schoey although not a massive one, I think he offers enough with his size and rebounding ability. The biggest call on this list though is definitely McGovern playing Centre Half Forward I have faith that he can do it as what I've seen of him this year with making long leads and smashing through packs. Could definitely see him playing as a high CHF. This is only if Brown does manage to nail his post down a KPD which I think he can this year after all these years of development, he has to if Woosha had enough faith not to trade him to the saints last year. Sinclair not being in there really is a shame but it is based primarily on the fact that the Eagles have had a bad time running three ruckmen this year. Wellingham shouldn't get another call up due to his attitude and work ethic but does definitely have the skills to make it but hopefully he can redeem himself half way through the year. Another strange change to the team is Yeo playing as a follower, but I have faith that he can do it with his elite agility and speed as well as his large frame makes him a great candidate for a bullocking mid although his impact is optimal when he has a large paddock to allow his pace to take advantage of dodging the opposition and delivering a clean inside 50 so if Yeo doesn't work out as an inside mid I'd much rather him rotating between rosa as that tall outsider especially due to Rose not being the youngest any more and being a bit injury prone. But I think the most influential player on the Eagles list is not Nicnat nor Mckenzie. But rather Lecras, his decision making skills are just impeccable as well as his ability to constantly find the goals and manage to hit Kennedy on the chest at any time, if Eagles are going to make the top 8 next year I think it would greatly depend upon Lecras being fit for a whole season.

Not expecting too many surprises.

Though I do hope we give up the gifting games to Sheed and make sure he earns them this time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My stab at round 1:

B: Bennell Mackenzie Waters
HB: Yeo Brown Hurn
C: Rosa Shuey Gaff
HF: Cripps McGovern Darling
F: LeCras Kennedy Lycett
Foll: Naitanui, Priddis, Selwood

IC: Ellis Sheed Sheppard Masten

EMG: Schofield McGinnity Wellingham

The guys in bold are obvious. The rest is guesswork.

I think we'll continue to play tall up forward. Kennedy, Darling + the resting ruckman. Not sure where we'll use McGovern, perhaps as a swingman. I think JK & Darling, two rucks, Mackenzie & Brown, Schofield and McGovern is one tall too many. Schoey and Darling are very mobile, mind.

Waters will play if he's fit, but he probably won't be fit. We need to learn from the team that just won two GFs in a row that you need defenders who run the ball out and rack up 15-20+ touches a game.

Midfield will continue to be vanilla bean, save for a trade week miracle. Hopefully we stop playing Sheed as the sub and McGinnity at all.

To make it easy i made my team 85 born onwards or 27 and Unders. That means all players would be 30 or less come 2015.

FB: Waters Mackenzie Smith
HB: Hurn Brown Schofield
C: Gaff Priddis Rosa
HF: Newman Darling Masten
FF:Lecras Kennedy Hill
RR: NN Shuey Scooter

Int:Lycett Sheppard Stevens Mcinnes

Looking at this brown is my biggest concern. Would like another high quality KPD on our list. Green are who i consider just about locks.
Delisted: Chose 9 weakest for 3 a year. Was hard to do :(
Hams
dalziell
Strijk
Swift
Neates
Wilson
Stevenson
Brennan
Weedon

List/depth still around
Butler
Mcginnity

This guy was pretty spot on apart from Smith.

This is only if Brown does manage to nail his post down a KPD which I think he can this year after all these years of development, he has to if Woosha had enough faith not to trade him to the saints last year.

Brown already nailed down his post this year. Easily in our best 22.

But I think the most influential player on the Eagles list is not Nicnat nor Mckenzie. But rather Lecras, his decision making skills are just impeccable as well as his ability to constantly find the goals and manage to hit Kennedy on the chest at any time, if Eagles are going to make the top 8 next year I think it would greatly depend upon Lecras being fit for a whole season.

LeCras undoubtedly makes us a better team but most influential? I'd put half a dozen players above him in that category, with Hurn at the top of the list.

Brown already nailed down his post this year. Easily in our best 22.

LeCras undoubtedly makes us a better team but most influential? I'd put half a dozen players above him in that category, with Hurn at the top of the list.
Maybe I am a tad bit bias.

I know Brown's a definite in the best 22 but do you think so as a KPD?

Would love to see our first NAB Cup lineup:

FB: Waters - Mackenzie - Barrass
HB: Yeo - Brown - Bennell
C: Gaff - Selwood - Maginness
HF: Newman - McGovern - Cripps
FF: Darling - Lycett - Tunbridge

R: Naitanui - Shuey - Colledge

IC: Sinclair - Sheppard - Schofield - Karpany - Sheed - Wellingham - Main - Waterman

Can't remember if its a 6 or 8 man bench but who cares.

Unlikely whether Adamson or Brophy would be a look in but you never know. I daresay they will both start in EP reserves.

Would love to see our first NAB Cup lineup:

FB: Waters - Mackenzie - Barrass
HB: Yeo - Brown - Bennell
C: Gaff - Selwood - Maginness
HF: Newman - McGovern - Cripps
FF: Darling - Lycett - Tunbridge

R: Naitanui - Shuey - Colledge

IC: Sinclair - Sheppard - Schofield - Karpany - Sheed - Wellingham - Main - Waterman

Can't remember if its a 6 or 8 man bench but who cares.

Unlikely whether Adamson or Brophy would be a look in but you never know. I daresay they will both start in EP reserves.
McInnes?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back