Eagles 2015 team

Remove this Banner Ad

Who covers Brown when he gets a weird injury like he does every year?

You mean his ceremonial eye poke?

th-svMBROWN.jpg

Darling will be back early.
I'm not so sure about that, he hasn't even started jogging yet. Stress fractures in the feet can fail to heal at all in worst case scenarios, I've got one that's never healed. Usually the "safe" time frame is 6 months if all goes well, but being a professional athlete they'll probably try to get him back in 3 months even if he's not 100%.

I think Tunbridge is the closest fit to Darlings style of play, about the same height and weight, strong overhead, can kick goals, can defend well as we've seen in his Adelaide game, but he just needs to put it together for 4 qtrs. College is more of a midfielder so I think Lamb will get several games as sub to share the role with Tunners, or start if he performs better than Tunners and then get subbed out a couple times til Darling comes back. I can't see McInness or Sinclair coming in, would be too much height and neither plays the CHF role really, they are more FF's.

Round 1:

Bennell Brown McGovern
Hurn Schofield Yeo
Rosa Priddis Gaff
Masten Tunbridge Cripps
LeCras Kennedy Lycett

Nic Nat Shuey Selwood

Xellis Wellingham Sheppard
Sub: Lamb

Brown FB, McGovern CHB, Schofield 3rd tall.

Kennedy FF, Darling CHF, Naitanui/Lycett resting forward. If Darling out then Sinclair/McInnes/Colledge get to keep his seat warm.

Darling is too undersized to ever play a true CHF role.

He strikes me more as an oversized, bullocking HFF. Similar to Aaron Hamill.

We need Kennedy and Lycett interchanging is the 2 key forwards.

McInnes should play the next two games and get the opportunity to push for the CHF spot for Rd 1. He's been given a fourth year on the list, surely it's time for him to show what he can add

How has his preseason been? Has hardly been mentioned or sighterd - any reason he didn't play the past two games?

Darling is too undersized to ever play a true CHF role.

He strikes me more as an oversized, bullocking HFF. Similar to Aaron Hamill.

We need Kennedy and Lycett interchanging is the 2 key forwards.
Ummmm Darling has been interchanging with Kennedy for the past 3 seasons as CHF and FF? The resting ruck stays close to goal....

McInnes should play the next two games and get the opportunity to push for the CHF spot for Rd 1. He's been given a fourth year on the list, surely it's time for him to show what he can add
From watching the two preseason games i think the coaching staff are looking at replacing Darling with Tunners, i think Simpson mentioned something along the way, McInnes should be in line for that role also, but he's been unsighted so far....

How tall is Barass if that she spelling - I know nothing of him but his drafting now looks wise as did the insistence that Brown stays.

Sinclair's athleticism is now an interesting proposition - back and forward.

I say this watching the size of Geelongs forward line against the Suns

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How tall is Barass if that she spelling - I know nothing of him but his drafting now looks wise as did the insistence that Brown stays.

Sinclair's athleticism is now an interesting proposition - back and forward.

I say this watching the size of Geelongs forward line against the Suns
194 cm according to the WCE website. About the same height as McGovern, I'd say ;)

Sponsorship aside, I hope the coaches withold from upgrading any of the rookies until Maginness is given the chance to get fit, and he and Newman play a few WAFL matches.

Two spots up for grabs, lets see who's willing to fight for them (we know Murray will fight to the death).

I can't see McInness or Sinclair coming in, would be too much height and neither plays the CHF role really, they are more FF's.

I believe McInnes to be better suited to CHF than FF. If he were to play in the backline, I'd prefer to see him play at CHB rather than on the last line. McInnes has some mobility for a CHF, so better to use it by pushing up the ground to the wing when the ball is coming out of defense. Also, McInnes is too soft to play at FF. He doesn't throw his size around, and though he's capable of an overhead mark I don't think he's that proficient at it - at least not enough to be a main target bringing the ball inside 50. Such doesn't make for an ideal FF. Better to use McInnes as a lead up player, like Hansen, and let him play as a conduit.

2 Rookie spots up for grabs.

Lucas didn't set the world on fire in either of the last 2 games. And we'eve seen nothing of Magginnes or Newman so far.

Bit depressing there's no real standout right now.
there is no need to rush.

I'm sure there will be a stand out before season proper.

2 Rookie spots up for grabs.

Lucas didn't set the world on fire in either of the last 2 games. And we'eve seen nothing of Magginnes or Newman so far.

Bit depressing there's no real standout right now.
How many sides would have a standout rookie ready to elevate before Round 1 though?

Would be handy if Newman and Mags weren't injured! Both could be ready.

How many sides would have a standout rookie ready to elevate before Round 1 though?

Would be handy if Newman and Mags weren't injured! Both could be ready.

GCS - Saad
Rich - Lambert
Col - Frost
Ess - Steinberg
Melb - Vandenberg
NTH - Nahas?
Port - Wagner/Krakeour
Stk - Saad

That's just off the top of my head. Still, i probably know this because i'm an avid SC player.

GCS - Saad
Rich - Lambert
Col - Frost
Ess - Steinberg
Melb - Vandenberg
NTH - Nahas?
Port - Wagner/Krakeour
Stk - Saad

That's just off the top of my head. Still, i probably know this because i'm an avid SC player.
hmmm Steinberg was taken five picks after Jack Darling in the 2010 draft... Nahas is 27.

It's not such a damning indictment on our list that these guys are available for other clubs.

McInnes if we go with two main talls in the forward line . I think that McIness would play his role in the forward line ..., just have to wait and see , maybe not quick enough though especially compared to Jack Darling .:confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back