Competitions Eagles Board Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed, it's purely because Cuningham is the flashier player. I'd be taking Cole ahead of him but only marginally. I'd be stoked if we could get a midfielder like Clarke or Cole with our first, and Cuningham with our second, but it'd certainly be nice to draft a solid tall. Doubt a Skinner or Glass-McCasker last to our third but that'd be an excellent draft for mine.

Looking at the players Cal Twomey's linked us to, I'd be pretty happy with any of them to be perfectly honest. I think Tucker as a slider is very appealing, I rate him ahead of both Cuningham and Cole. Didn't have the year he would've liked but has a lot of potential, possessing great disposal, speed and versatility.
I heard a rumour Cunningham will be long gone before our first selection.. Don't think Tucker will make it that far either so our best bet is Cole !

I heard a rumour Cunningham will be long gone before our first selection.. Don't think Tucker will make it that far either so our best bet is Cole !
I'm not a bit fan of Cole either and it's not just because he looks a little like Peverill.
For mine he has an ugly ball drop, given less time I think he'll bugger a lot more kicks up.
The kicks he does make are up and under.

Love how everyone is popping their cookies over Cunningham all of a sudden.
He looks great in 2 mins of video however if he truly was up there with Shuey, he'd go close to #1 in this draft.
Shuey didn't go at anywhere near 1.and he is exactly like shuey

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

I heard your dad went into a restaurant, and ate everything in the restaurant, and they had to close the restaurant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol Eagles have 6 rookie picks (Cat A)

With pick 56 West Coast take Stephen Tahana

Very surprised both he and Hardwick got so far, and thanks to eagles rule for narrowing down my selections, this was the easiest so far.

Tahana was recognized as an elite small defender in his underage year, with his combination of speed, agility and defensive mindset allowing him to completely lock down nippy small forwards.

This year he's started to develop a more aggressive mindset, pushing up through the midfield, using his skills on the inside to win a bit of his own ball and generally used the ball well.

What really appeals to me about Tahana is his versatility, which has been a predominant factor in all my draftees. He's got the ability to lock down dangerous small forwards, and that's the one area in defence I think we lack in. You can also never have too many solid options rotating through the midfield, and he's just got a bit of flare and x-factor I feel we lack a little.

AsterixTheGaul you're up mate

Didn't see him use his left foot at all. Needs to work on that, he always wanted to turn and get onto his right or handball rather than kicking off the non preferred.

Didn't see him use his left foot at all. Needs to work on that, he always wanted to turn and get onto his right or handball rather than kicking off the non preferred.

Oh for sure, that late in the draft, you're not going to get a perfectly rounded prospect. He definitely improved throughout the year, and you can't really determine progress through highlight videos. Still was more than happy to take him with such a late pick, as I still think he has a lot of upside and can fill a need in terms of a quality lockdown small defender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back