List Mgmt. 2015 general list discussion and speculation - PLEASE START NEW THREAD ON BREAKING NEWS

How did you rate Geelong's trade and free agency period?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok has been stated that Simpson is injured for the year.
We need a Ruck next year bad.
Who's available?

Im still think they will pick up a stop gap. Someone to cover , and maybe play games or minutes if needed unless they find a bargain falling into their lap. Then behind the scenes they will be looking at Ruck FA's. Its the only thing that makes sense to me. If they wanted to develop , they would have added somone this year.

The 2nd alt. is they know of a athlete that they will try to develop like Blitz. Blitz will step up this year and it will leave a Rookie spot.

The 3rd alternative is to go hard for a ruck next year , and that will cost players and picks. Its doesn't seem to be the way in the era of FA. Rucks can take years and develop into nothing. Its cheaper to get a known player. To get a Bellchambers or someone like that in a trade would be done if he was the last piece in the jigsaw ..maybe

Last edited:
The 3rd alternative is to go hard for a ruck next year , and that will cost players and picks. Its doesn't seem to be the way in the era of FA. Rucks can take years and develop into nothing. Its cheaper to get a known player. To get a Bellchambers or someone like that in a trade would be done if he was the last piece in the jigsaw ..maybe
I wonder if we have tapped someone up who is out of contract soon or a FA...

So if we were in charge .........

and we are willing to give up our R1 and a fringe regular .... what player do we target?

Well if we miss on Frawley , and it seems we are no lock ......a lot of names getting floated on the radio tonight as being possibly on the trade table. The one that lifted my ears was Sam Ried at Sydney. This guy is no Locket or Hudson with his setshots but has very good hands , almost Harry Taylor. And him in our forwardline would add what I feel we lack. Vertical marking power. If Sydney are struggling with SC id have to look at this guy. 23 next year. He would cost a bit but be one that id say the pain may be worth it.

At Melb , it seems they will be tossing a few out of bed. Could one of their bruised egos be recuperated at Catland.

The one id im looking forward too , is who will we get to replace Blitz. Some 215 cm basketballer? Another Olympic close athlete?

The one that lifted my ears was Sam Ried at Sydney. This guy is no Locket or Hudson with his setshots but has very good hands , almost Harry Taylor. And him in our forwardline would add what I feel we lack. Vertical marking power. If Sydney are struggling with SC id have to look at this guy. 23 next year. He would cost a bit but be one that id say the pain may be worth it.

I like Ried - if Sydney are forced to let him go it means they might have to let him go for our second round pick or something. A big problem could be the Pies. They will have much better picks than us and I'm sure would do the deal for pick 14 or whatever they get and picks back the other way. The only thing that might frighten them off is their Reid's history of soft tissue injuries. Though they do seem keen on him.

At Melb , it seems they will be tossing a few out of bed. Could one of their bruised egos be recuperated at Catland.
To be honest Turbo ->
article-1080568-0054B19300000258-71_468x286.jpg
IMO (that said Rivers has been a jet)

Secondly, Dees are going to want what I would consider overs for the players they are will to let go. E.g he was pick 4 so we need a top 10 pick for him. Let's hope Roos realises the gravity of the situation and does't play unrealistic hardball.

*puts defibrillator away*

I like Ried - if Sydney are forced to let him go it means they might have to let him go for our second round pick or something. A big problem could be the Pies. They will have much better picks than us and I'm sure would do the deal for pick 14 or whatever they get and picks back the other way. The only thing that might frighten them off is their Reid's history of soft tissue injuries. Though they do seem keen on him.

Everyone loves a bargain , an occasional steal but R2 for Ried would be theft on a Biblical scale. He would cost heaps , and he would fit at the Pies and their picks are all lower. Have no doubt , it would hurt.

Everyone loves a bargain , an occasional steal but R2 for Ried would be theft on a Biblical scale. He would cost heaps , and he would fit at the Pies and their picks are all lower. Have no doubt , it would hurt.
I guess it just depends on how much he is on at the Swans whether they really have to dump him or can trade him. But yeah he won't come cheap.

To be honest Turbo ->
article-1080568-0054B19300000258-71_468x286.jpg
IMO (that said Rivers has been a jet)

Secondly, Dees are going to want what I would consider overs for the players they are will to let go. E.g he was pick 4 so we need a top 10 pick for him. Let's hope Roos realises the gravity of the situation and does't play unrealistic hardball.

Is Tom a midfielder? Have to suspect he we would not be cheap. Bit of a Maverick? If we could show him the money my guess is it would not be Mission Impossible. Something tells me he would suit winter in Geelong. Bit of a Rainman.

Ohh Melb. I wonder how Grime would go at our club . 25 and young enough to straight out those Demon kinks. As you said Rivers has been the water of life in our backline. Worth a look , but yes Roos will want probably too much.

Is Tom a midfielder? Have to suspect he we would not be cheap. Bit of a Maverick? If we could show him the money my guess is it would not be Mission Impossible. Something tells me he would suit winter in Geelong. Bit of a Rainman.

Ohh Melb. I wonder how Grime would go at our club . 25 and young enough to straight out those Demon kinks. As you said Rivers has been the water of life in our backline. Worth a look , but yes Roos will want probably too much.
love the BRUCE IN YA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not talking wage , I'm talking the trade pain R1 + .....
I am. If the Swans trade him because he wants out is a different proposition to them having to get rid of him because they can't afford to pay him anymore. O'Keefe out probably means they have the cap space to keep him however.

I'm suggesting it would be "risky business"... ;) Grimes has promise as midfield/back flanker though we probably have enough of those already and are looking to fill other positions on our list. I'd take him though if his back checks out.

I'm suggesting it would be "risky business"... ;) Grimes has promise as midfield/back flanker though we probably have enough of those already and are looking to fill other positions on our list. I'd take him though if his back checks out.

Yep , Far and Away the riskiest trade. Surely Melb must have a few good Men. Still you could grab one at the right price and Cole Trickle him in to your best 22. Someone like Toumpas or Trengove must have some talent. For Melb , they must do something or they will be heading for Oblivion.

The weight of expectation on Vardy is incredible.
All that weight is the reason he keeps breaking down.

It is hard work lugging it around.

Yep , Far and Away the riskiest trade. Surely Melb must have a few good Men. Still you could grab one at the right price and Cole Trickle him in to your best 22. Someone like Toumpas or Trengove must have some talent. For Melb , they must do something or they will be heading for Oblivion.
I'd seriously clear 70% of their list.

...names like Jordan Murdoch, Christensen, Vardy, Luke Parker, etc., who were all late picks. Even #77 from the 2012 draft is going OK.

Are the successful clubs, with their structures and experienced GOOD players, turning picks in the 40s and 50s into players who could easily have been picked up in the 20-30 quality range...
And that is the question, without being inside a club, we can never really determine.

Was Luke Parker always a gun that every club somehow missed? I know thejester (one of the best posters we have on here) was very, very keen to land him in his draft year.

In his year, Christensen was often cited as at Top 25 selection (some had him in the Top 10) but, from memory, his size and some poor fitness testing at season's end saw him slide. But he probably shouldn't have dropped as far as 40.

And I recall reading that Vardy was widely considered one of the best ruck prospects in his year.

Did they always have the talent that should have seen them taken higher or did the club that drafted them tap it and develop them to reach their potential (to be fair, Vardy is still very much "unknown")?

I'd much prefer to get our hands on Reid than Frawley personally, but obviously Reid is the tougher target as we'd have to give up assets to acquire him.
Frawley is free. Pretty hard to argue with picking him up.

My favourite part though is clowns calling up SEN saying he should be part of a trade deal... le sigh...
87U-mrw-my-friend-said-he-could-post-about-anything-on-reddit-and-get-gold.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back