Unofficial Preview Early Thoughts: Preliminary Final - Sydney vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am feeling confident about this game as I think we can comfortably beat Geelong, North Melbourne or Essendon especially with the extra week break. A spot in the grand final is ours to lose.

In terms of ins and outs if Malceski is unable to play it is a blow for us but I would go with

Out
Malceski

In
Mitchell

Put Mitchell in the middle and move McVeigh into the halfback position.

Not worried about playing at ANZ per se. Our record sans the Pies is freat. And finals are really good.

Just much rather it at the SCG particularly if it is to be Geelong.

And to be fair the ground was fine for play today or at least it was immaterial to the result and not noticeable.

And no changes except for Mal obviously so

Out Mal

In Mitchell who would be sub.

No point moaning about how we need to address our I50 entries, it's been an issue all year. Were there any goals today that were the result of someone leading to the ball?

I would go

In: Biggs
Out: Malceski (inj)

Pretty much like for like and it allows Biggs to be used on a small forward against a team that has a surplus of quick small forwards such as a Hawthorn

The cards seem to be falling our way, as far our likely PF opponent goes.

One of Geelong/North/Essendon seems preferable to Freo/Port/Tigers.

Not worried about playing at ANZ per se. Our record sans the Pies is freat. And finals are really good.

Just much rather it at the SCG particularly if it is to be Geelong.

And to be fair the ground was fine for play today or at least it was immaterial to the result and not noticeable.

And no changes except for Mal obviously so

Out Mal

In Mitchell who would be sub.

Except for the swimming pool

The cards seem to be falling our way, as far our likely PF opponent goes.

One of Geelong/North/Essendon seems preferable to Freo/Port/Tigers.

It does. On paper we have the much easier side of the draw. Odds are Hawthorn will have to play either Fremantle or Port Adelaide to get into the grand final. They may still win but it is not certain and hopefully either Fremantle or Port will really really push them hard.

It does. On paper we have the much easier side of the draw. Odds are Hawthorn will have to play either Fremantle or Port Adelaide to get into the grand final. They may still win but it is not certain and hopefully either Fremantle or Port will really really push them hard.

It was not an easy game this afternoon. It reminded me a bit of the PF in '06 when they came over, because that was a real contest as well. If they win their semi, they certainly won't lack motivation against the Hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah good call on Reid.

Mitchell much more valuable than Reid.

He is only averaging 8 touches a game the last 5 games. Kicked only 3 goals too.

Plus tippett rucking now

Unless reid goes back or heaven forbid they want to drop goodes id ditch reid, i know they wont but i think we structure better with one less tall and reid is not doing enough.

Goodes defensive efforts can be non existent and he can be poor but he still has moments, reid rarely does

Again though if he goes back reid could stay

Just my view and it wont happen

You wont get anything from the club till Monday but they will probably be a leak tonight or tomorrow.

I didn't see it happen so did it look bad? I heard he was walking around pretty freely afterwards so I assumed like Kennedy's it was just for precaution.

I didn't see it happen so did it look bad? I heard he was walking around pretty freely afterwards so I assumed like Kennedy's it was just for precaution.

No idea mate only footage that was shown was him on the bench stretching out and then getting the vest after a while.

No idea how he did it or if he grabbed at the leg as it was never shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back