Unofficial Preview Early Thoughts: Rd 22 - Sydney v Western Bulldogs @ ES 24th Aug 3:20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are turnovers and then theres butchering it

Out of defence your under pressure but biggs kicks have penetration, no one in afl goes at 100% when they get that much of the ball, there will be turnovers, even ablett turns it over

To focus on the last few kicks and drop him is to ignore a massive body of quality work and is short sighted
Laidler took some great intercept marks but I don't think he hit a chest all day , same goes for KJ. If Biggs is getting drop for a couple of turnovers well as you say we have to drop half the side and I wouldn't bring in Shaw if some are worried about to many turnovers.
Geez to step from Neafl ( tempo of the game ) and get 25 possies 6 tackles anyone would have thought he didn't leave the bench
add 22 pressure acts to that (top 2 or 3 for swans on the day)

Shaw has been average a fair bit

I thought Shaw was very good earlier in the year, he's never had the best disposal but he leads by example in the backline.

Geez off topic but because its on seeing neale daniher and others of course makes you wonder why we argue back n forth over trivial matters

But i think shaw has been a great clubman, i just think right now biggs should be ahead of him

I wouldnt worry i suspect the club will agree with you all

Each to there own , I don't think Shaw is a barometer

Ok Punts he is not a barometer if that pleases you but he is best 22 in front of Shane Biggs everyday of the week this year for a number of reasons. Shaw's experience along with his ability to attack offensively and quell good players at the same time puts him well in front of Biggs.

You should read some of Malinowski's work SR100.
20,000 + posts says that footy is a little more than 'trivial' for you and the rest of us.

Had to read a little at uni

Ok Punts he is not a barometer if that pleases you but he is best 22 in front of Shane Biggs everyday of the week this year for a number of reasons. Shaw's experience along with his ability to attack offensively and quell good players at the same time puts him well in front of Biggs.
Biggs shut down Lenny on the weekend and attacked off HB but yes Shaws experience in the backline is a must a times.

Shaw is second for our club behind Jetta for inside 50's with less game time and has a much higher eff % to go with that stat.

still the only player on our list to have never used his opposite foot this year but that's another discussion altogether.

Who is he going to replace?
Cunningham and Lloyd have both earned their place in the side through their performances at AFL level.
Biggs has to wait his turn, just like Membrey, Hewett, Jones and the rest of the boys in the 2's who have been knocking down the door.
We are very fortunate to be top of the ladder and having so many players knocking the door down to get a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry for intruding but gotta know for my dreamteam!
Is McGlynn expected to be back this week? He's been KILLING it before missing last weekend!

It's a big call but Biggs is best 22 next year. Nearly 12 months away from afl level and he steps right in without missing a beat. Has a real level head on him . To everyone posting how impressive he is and deserves to be in the team...well done. Very impressed by his game on the weekend
You're not just impressed by him, you're impressed by how impressed we are by him?

I'm impressed.

You do impressions too?

Biggs shut down Lenny on the weekend and attacked off HB but yes Shaws experience in the backline is a must a times.
Shutting down Lenny these days is not what it used to be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back