Unofficial Preview Early Thoughts - Round 14 vs Port Adelaide - SCG Thurday Night Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

vonn

Bigfooty Legend
10k Posts Pokemon is Life Meet-Up Master Pantskyle Podcaster WCE Wings Guernsey Casey Tutungi Future Fund
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
I wonder if we'll see genius coaching moves such as Pyke as sub a la Seaby.

Wolftone

Cancelled
Feb 1, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Grundy, Richards, Laidler. Shaw, Smith and Rampe are all basically full time defenders with limited scope in other roles.

Given that Laidler has been b22 all year I would have given Rampe more time in the mids or even forward.

I think this skews the team.

The changes will be very interesting. Probably as conservative as possible as always, and there have been good match committee selections this year but there are some serious concerns, imo, and while Longmire will back his tried and true I will be disappointed if they put in the same 'effort' as last week, we hear more 'unbloods like' and nothing changes.

I'm with you. I have noticed problems all year. We might have been winning but since when does winning a game in one or two quarters count as playing a whole game? Teddy has been quite ordinary and downright dreadful in some matches. Good thing is he played pretty well against Port last time. To me this is our greatest worry and we have been lucky Reg has taken up the slack for an out of form Teddy. Reg has had, along with Laids and Ramps, a very good season.

The other problem is that some of Longmire's match ups have been baffling this year. Rampe to Rewoldt when Teddy was s**t, it should have been Laids, he had the smaller player instead. Mitchell to half forward in the third and Jack to Cotchin. Cotchin got seven disposals in less than five minutes and they got three goals. Then bench Mitchell when Gary Rohan couldn't even run. Astounding. It isn't rocket science Horse, damn he's a Horse not a Pig and we all know they're a bit slow. Animal Farm told us so. No counter moves to stop the rot.

This week we can't let Robbie Grey any space or he will murder us. I would like to see Jones start. Apparently we must still have this stupid coach thing that if you are a senior player it is impossible to get dropped unless you are Craig Bird. So Shaw is safe unfortunately. We lose again and we could be looking at a long seasons end. I hope horse has another game plan because this one has ceased to work. Our players don't look fit enough to carry it off. They looked shot at half time last week. Most of them were pulling in the big breaths. Not a good look. So we need to use the ball well and hit players up on the lead. We need players to make space and movement. More important we need to have heart and guts. This seems to have disappeared.

vonn

Bigfooty Legend
10k Posts Pokemon is Life Meet-Up Master Pantskyle Podcaster WCE Wings Guernsey Casey Tutungi Future Fund
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
Towers has a proven track record as sub but think it'll be Towers/Pyke to start (Towers forward) with Nanka as sub.

vonn

Bigfooty Legend
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
Really surprised Jack didn't get a call up.

Me too. Still, if we're replicating the Rohan/Towers lineup in the F50 from the earlier Port game I have no issue with that.

Towers has a proven track record as sub but think it'll be Towers/Pyke to start (Towers forward) with Nanka as sub.

Nanka as sub doesn't make sense to me, you need a player with a fair bit of utility imo. Would go for your first choice. However wouldn't be surprised to see Lloyd used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back