East Fremantle Sharks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I was told the shelters at the north and south end of the ground have gone. Might help our goal kicking. Also toilets on east bank have gone.

Can confirm the old stands aren't there anymore, been a couple for years since I went to Shark Park but noticed the old stand which used to have the bench seats and the undercover parking area behind the other goals weren't their anymore.

As for the game and our performance well after 1/4 time we weren't much chop, on Saturday's performance looks like we have an inexperienced list. Used a lot of handball even selling team mates into trouble with handball and many times were caught out with one to many handballs instead of a kick.

Jack Perham looks like a guy that wants to play with a bit more of a physical presence than he did since I watched him last which is good, just got to tailor the aggression somewhat and use it more in play and less with bumping into opponents trying to cause fights. Matthew Watson had his best opportunities earlier in the game and was lively without starring, gave a focal point to kick to. After 1/4 time was often double even triple teamed at contests when Claremont had time to push numbers back and the flow to him inside 50 was quelled.

well it all starts next week. looking forward to a promising season. cant wAit to see Watson in the blue and white. I think he will be a strong contributer. Didnt get to see the side in the pre season games this year due to work commitments. GOOO THE SHARKS

First game of the season V SD this weekend at ATOM stadium, EF struggled for goals during the two pre season games until the last quarter v EP last week kicking 6. Touch wood the side can continue on from there and apply some pressure on the scoreboard from the off v SD. SD have a more than handy defence with the likes of Simpson, Ames, Jetta and howard up back and some quality talls in Cary and Notte up front. EF lack of height up back concerns me some what, especially against a side like SD. Hopefully the mids can apply pressure on SD entry into the forward 50, whilst at the same time provide the likes of Watson, Bristow, Perham, Peake and Hampson with some quality ball. That was EF sticking point last year apparently, decent numbers into the forward 50, just consistently hap hazard tho. All 3 games should be cracking affairs, winning the first game of the season doesn't guarantee a side finals footy, as EF showed last year......5/2 after 7 then lose 12 on the trot to finish 2nd last......good luck to Wiley and the boys and all the EF players on show this weekend.....it's good to have footy back.

Likely line up for todays clash . Good to see Peak and Simpson return to the sharks. We go in as the underdogs but on paper we look like we can pull of an upset. Looking forward to see how Watson performs today. This boy can kick and has done well in the VFL. Wasn't given much of a chance at Carlton. Go Sharks

33ovy3rqs5bz-600px.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I found Watson's game to be disappointing. He just disappeared for the second half. It's a shame, I have no allegiances to East Fremantle one way or the other, but I really want to see big ex-AFL power forwards do well in the WAFL.

I found Watson's game to be disappointing. He just disappeared for the second half. It's a shame, I have no allegiances to East Fremantle one way or the other, but I really want to see big ex-AFL power forwards do well in the WAFL.

Was the same against Claremont in the pre season game. Once his supply dried up he wasn't an effective player. Not expecting anything near a Bernie Naylor medal from him but probably a club leading goal kicker.

1.8 in the first was always going to come back and bite EF in the backside......frustrating to lose at the death, but you reap what you sow I guess......plus pretty sure Alex Pearce won't kick a goal again in his life.....let alone 2!! LOL Fingers crossed Wiley can regroup the players and keep them heading in the right direction in terms of improvement.....lots of positives so far especially wit the form of youngsters in Simpson, Harrold and Dion Anthony....Henson and Eardley seem to be getting lots of the footy......obviously Watson's presence up front has been good for EF other forwards, just need to kick straight and hopefully Watson will start kicking a few himself.....so far he has come up against the best WAFL fullback in Ames and ex VFL player in Sam Collins.......would like to see Hampson and BOB start kicking a few......heard Howlett is back on the training track and getting fast tracked for a WAFL return shortly......hate the bye but such is life I guess in the WAFL these days with 9 teams!

wish EFFC could kick as a straight as Cl did on sat.....19.2 is pretty dead eye dick straight TBH. Disappointing to lose, had more of the footy, inside 50's and scoring shots, yet lost by over 6 goals to Cl.....gotta move on I guess, derby this Sat, always unpredictable games. SF are red hot at present though, gonna be a tough ask for EF to sneak a win here. Can see Ellis coming back in,need some height to help Watson up front.....bit of talk that Howlett is back and close to playing reserves after missing a fair chunk of the preseason. With Howlett up back, hopefully that would release BOB up forward to help the likes of Peake and Hampson kick a few goals. Maybe bring in Fletcher to help Bristow ruck and move Stokes up back to counter the height of Shaw. Read is usually a good match for Saunders or perhaps even Lester-Smith.....definitely need stop SF mid field run....though the likes of Schloithe, Hams and Hockey are gonna pick up bucket loads of the footy no matter what you do with them.....just got to keep them pressured to hinder their forward delivery......winnable but definitely no easy task!

wish EFFC could kick as a straight as Cl did on sat.....19.2 is pretty dead eye dick straight TBH. Disappointing to lose, had more of the footy, inside 50's and scoring shots, yet lost by over 6 goals to Cl.....gotta move on I guess, derby this Sat, always unpredictable games. SF are red hot at present though, gonna be a tough ask for EF to sneak a win here. Can see Ellis coming back in,need some height to help Watson up front.....bit of talk that Howlett is back and close to playing reserves after missing a fair chunk of the preseason. With Howlett up back, hopefully that would release BOB up forward to help the likes of Peake and Hampson kick a few goals. Maybe bring in Fletcher to help Bristow ruck and move Stokes up back to counter the height of Shaw. Read is usually a good match for Saunders or perhaps even Lester-Smith.....definitely need stop SF mid field run....though the likes of Schloithe, Hams and Hockey are gonna pick up bucket loads of the footy no matter what you do with them.....just got to keep them pressured to hinder their forward delivery......winnable but definitely no easy task!

Pretty good summation Freez. Like you said with derbies you may as well through away form guides and ladder positioning because they are very unpredictable but on paper Souths do have a stronger team. Haven't seen enough of the Sharks regular season to make a opinion on if we have a genuine lock down defender or midfielder but time needs to put into Verrier, Hams and Hockey in particular because they are the key play makers who are delivering the ball into Saunders, Shaw, Schloithe, Strom and co. Can see players like Winton, Jupp and Read getting big jobs down back.

Forward line needs a big effort from Perham to help out Watson as the main talls. I watched Jack in a pre season game against Claremont and he presented well early in the game when East Fremantle were in the contest but looked lost when Easts were lacking that continuity of delivery inside 50 and got frustrated by niggling off the ball taking his focus off the game. Teams will be trying to intimidate him mentally and get inside his head hoping he lashes out but we can't afford unnecessary frees especially against South. Looking forward to hearing how Wiley and the boys shape up after a disappointing loss to Claremont

Might be an idea to move Stokes on to Shaw, bring in Fletcher to ruck, as SF rucks are young.....Ellis and Watson at CHF/FF and Perham off a flank....Hampson and Peake crumbing.......SF are looking good though, big ask, but you can't win every game eh?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back