Official Team Thread East Side Hawks - Season 18 Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

u4u3ara3.jpg
Come one, come all, to witness the beginning of one of the greatest dynasties, if not the greatest dynasty, the Sweet FA has ever seen. Unless you're one of the brave, talented souls lining up in the green and gold this upcoming season you will only be able to watch in wonder as we Hawks brush off our opponents in the search, and eventual attainment, of our second ever premiership cup.

a3areda4.jpg pumy6e3u.jpg

And who are these incredible gods amongst men who will don the green and gold and represent this Qooty side like no one has before? Let's take a look.

OFFICIAL TEAM ROSTER (currently 21)
Ashton Agar ~ collects antique clocks
3. Itsmyshow ~ commonly thought to be composed of 64% bronze
4. TRAWP ~ president of the superfluously long acronym club (C) (TM)
5. Lunchlady Doris ~ 2nd place in a colouring in competition thirty years ago
6. larrikin ~ resident dual Mobbs medallist. Not to be confused with larrikan
9. Dagless ~ fact: he was the premier Qooty forward pocket in Europe for most of S17
13. Karnezis_13 ~ your host for this season's Hawk extragavanza
16. Rendered Unsafe ~ this seasons spearhead full forward if Tarkyn_24 doesn't return
17. Captain Awkward (R) ~ has scientifically proven that duck quacks echo
18. Mr Eagle ~ can consume twelve jam donuts in seven minutes
19. DeeWong6996 - has a room of signed Stefan Martin posters
22. Matt121 ~ writes epic plays in his spare time. Rivals Shakespeare in pure creative genius
23. wce_all_da_way ~ possesses rare talent; can breathe both fire and fire extinguishers
24. Tarkyn_24 ~ holds the Guinness World Record for failed retirements
25. GutsyBug ~ crumpet extraordinaire, possibly the best in the SFA
29. TheMidRunner (R) ~ once petitioned to enter snow unicycling into the Winter Olympics
34. scaryness (R) ~ two-time winner of the least grammatically correct username plaque and fellow crumpet enthusiast
35. Pie in the Sky ~ the only aviation-based pastry-meat foodstuff this side of SFA Island
44. Clint Beastwood ~ currently completing a PhD in alcohol consumption
46. fabulousfill ~ the only living person to legally change his given name in order to ensure alliteracy
??. WaLkEr_ThE_StAr ~ been to more current clubs than Jet but is ready to be a premiership Hawk
??. madman ~ as the name suggests. Wanted for crimes involving possessing illegal Qooty talent
??. Amazing Bombers ~ owns over four thousand pet cats
??. Jiska ~ once won several thousand tennis racquets on Wheel of Fortune
??. ryan_seb (R) ~ invented the steering wheel
??. bombersno1 (R) ~ spent many years training to become a ninja in the Alps
*More draftees to come. If I've got your number as ?? could you please let me know a preferred jumper number.

This does unfortunately mean the following players have been delisted for the upcoming season, however can be relisted by request. Drunken Wookie, extractasam, nbaman1, Kunna17, Dwight Schrute, Fyfie_, Gilbert_Hodge, PooMonkey, SizeMatters

Other club departures include Tarkyn_24 (ret.), Chezzalenko Reborn (ret.), bomberlegend2007 (GCR), Bryce_Jersey17 (LVB), NetworkNerd (CIW via trade)

Established: Season 06
Premierships: Season 12 (def West Coast Wonders)
Runners-up: Season 08, Season 09, Season 13
Mobbenfuhrer Medals: larrikin [2] (S12 | S13) & boncer34 [1] (S11)
AlfAndrews Medals: YOTC [2] (S08 | S09) & Tarkyn_24 [2] (S12 | S16)
Deestroy Medals: larrikin (S12) and Mr Eagle (S13)
Hall of Fame Players: Wally | boncer34 | Tarkyn_24

Home Ground: Waverley Park
Colours: Green and Gold
Leadership Group: Karnezis_13 (C), Mr Eagle (VC) [rest of leaders TBA regarding interest]

Go Hawks.

Last edited:
It's true you know lads! I collect antique clocks!

PLEASE NOTE: May or may not be lying.

PLEASE ALSO NOTE: Hawks for S18 premiers!

Ah. I'm 29 and I forgot and I'm a lazy bugger. Don't question that. EKA heard about that. What's my competition like. Do I have a chance?

Ah. I'm 29 and I forgot and I'm a lazy bugger. Don't question that. EKA heard about that. What's my competition like. Do I have a chance?
I personally wouldn't have a clue. I'm sure if you continue to stay active and post solid stuff you will give yourself a good chance. :thumbsu:

Having said that, winning the EKA isn't necassarily a good thing. Every year the winner seems to fall away big time.

TheMidRunner

The EKA is awarded to the poster who the committee deems to be the highest quality rookie of the season. Your competition isn't exactly clear at the moment as many clubs are still recruiting. Ashton Agar in the post above me is referring to the 'EKA Curse' whereby many SFA players suggest that all EKA winners tend to either slowly disappear or turn into flogs. Of course, there's always exceptions to the rule :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think okey was saying within a week or 2 of SoO finishing. Don't quote me though.
That is seriously quick...

The S16/17 off season went forever and ever and ever. Well at least it felt like that, we had an expansion race as good and exhausting as the title race in the Premier League.

That is seriously quick...

The S16/17 off season went forever and ever and ever. Well at least it felt like that, we had an expansion race as good and exhausting as the title race in the Premier League.
It will be sooner than that, I'm making this assumption because okey has stated that it's important to start a season in tandem with the AFL season.

But don't think it will be as soon as TMR says. We still need to play this all stars match between boncer and clarkey too!

Yep, just write down your full name, address, and leave a photocopy of your credit card (front and back, just so we're certain it's yours)
Sure...

Your full name
Address

Any specific card do?

homer-credit-card-2.jpg

funny-credit-card.jpg

ceiling-credit-card.jpg

credit-card-funny-8.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back