Official Team Thread East Side Hawks - Season 18 Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Well... at least we're consistent?
F*** me, another one.

Karnezis_13 you would have had an absolutely brilliant time in Melbourne with that win, amiright?
What a game to go to! Bizarre, the Lions chant at the MCG wouldn't be that common.

Everything just seemed to go our way. Did end up doing the MCG tour that morning too which was outstanding.

Well... at least we're consistent?

What a game to go to! Bizarre, the Lions chant at the MCG wouldn't be that common.

Everything just seemed to go our way. Did end up doing the MCG tour that morning too which was outstanding.

Very true.

How good is the MCG tour. Incredible.

We were tempted to go to that game as well, but decided to drown our sorrows after the Eagles game at a nearby pub instead. However, we ran into a Collingwood supporter outside Flinders street station, and, not knowing how the game had ended (at this stage it hadn't, but we didn't know that) we asked him how it went. He started to abuse us and banged on the window of our taxi for a good five minutes. Was an interesting time and I do not regret asking him that one bit.

Haha, that's great. We were surrounded by Collingwood supporters where we were sitting and it's fair to say they didn't take kindly to goal celebrations. I was informed reliably that if the AFL weren't paying the umps to give us a free ride they would be burying us, which was pretty amusing.

They all left by three quarter time and the last quarter was basically Lions party time. As I said, hearing the Liiiooooonnsss chant reverberate around the MCG was bizarre, but great. Certainly left happy.

No idea how we won that.
I don't profess to have the experience of a seasoned scorekeeper, but as far as I'm aware, it was due to scoring more points than the opposition.

I don't profess to have the experience of a seasoned scorekeeper, but as far as I'm aware, it was due to scoring more points than the opposition.
Ok then I don't know how did we manage to score more points than the opposition! Our first half was absolute s**t, then I had to head off to a party so I set the second half for recording and went to the party feeling pretty low. Next thing you know we are in front so I definately had to watch it that second half!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time to fire our new fitness coach.

Brad, it's time to talk...

DB_20120308205926478307-420x0.jpg

Well DeeWong6996 is officially a Hawk now but I can't name him in our team until the trade period ends after next week's game.

Show him around would you Clint Beastwood

Well DeeWong6996 is officially a Hawk now but I can't name him in our team until the trade period ends after next week's game.

Show him around would you Clint Beastwood

It would be my pleasure.

Welcome to the Hawks DeeWong6996 . Good to have you on board! Feel free to introduce yourself. This is the team thread, talk s**t all you want; proclaim your love for sugar free cruisers and well prepared fairy bread; discuss games past and future here. Also might be a good idea to mention where you prefer to play on the Qooty field.

Get into the match thread as much as you can, with Atley's departure (bless him) we need to pick up the slack; he was our designated s**t talker and opposition stirrer upperer-er and had easily racked up the most posts. Also would be good if you found your own way there relatively early in the week, although we'll give you a break for a while.

Obviously, we train hard, play qooty hard and celebrate hard. Our post match treat of choice is meticulously prepared fairy bread and sugar free cruisers, although in the wake of our recent close losses we might just go normal ones. My point being, make as may jokes/banter posts about that, it's a great way to get involved in the thread. Also make as many qooty puns as possible because who doesn't like a good pun.

Congrats, you're a Hawk now, get amongst it! You'll be right at home soon enough. :footy:

Last edited:
6 day break for us and we just ran out of legs in the last. Still can't quite get it through my head though.
6 day break? You had a bloody bye the week before.

* you Collingwood, * you. :(

You're mob's recent capitulation only reminds me of what the Eagles did at this time last year (and I'm pretty sure the Pies were involved in that). It's a bad feeling. :(
We've been on a downhill spiral since Tarks retired. Coincidence? I think not.

Haha. Always liked him, good East Freo boy, did he miss out on the flag in 2010 through injury or did he retire in 2009?
Retired the day after our premiership, couldn't make it back into the team. Really wasn't playing that badly when he got dropped late in the season but he got given one last chance against Essendon in Round 20 and played what I rate as the worst game of his career and that kind of stamped his papers.

From all reports pushed his body to the limits trying to get back into the side, was just a year or a position too late. :(

Retired the day after our premiership, couldn't make it back into the team. Really wasn't playing that badly when he got dropped late in the season but he got given one last chance against Essendon in Round 20 and played what I rate as the worst game of his career and that kind of stamped his papers.

From all reports pushed his body to the limits trying to get back into the side, was just a year or a position too late. :(

Shame. It's always sad to see someone who has been such a good servant of a club miss out like that.

Mouseh is the latest recruit to join Hawks ranks so welcome him. Clint Beastwood has already toured a newb around the club this week so Captain Awkward can you show this our boom recruit around? :)

Mouseh will be wearing #20, playing on a half back flank to start off with and enjoys long walks by the beach and moonlit dinners. He averaged 88 disposals per game in lower level Qooty and is hoping to translate that form to the top level.

In other news, trade period is currently ongoing, so if any of our players wish to move clubs for improved opportunity position-wise, a new challenge or simply a scenery change, talk to me; this is the only time we're going to be able to get something back for the club for any departures, plus I can try talk you out of it. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back