Official Team Thread East Side Hawks - Season 18 Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

FIRST. The behemoth of the East Side midfield. A man who bleeds Hawks like someone who can’t think of an analogy bleeds superfluous words. He’s been a champion of the team since moving from the Roys so long ago, and this; this is just another feather in one of the greatest caps in the clubs history. Well done Itsmyshow, an incredible Qootyer whom all Hawks rightfully look up to.

WALLY MEDAL VICTOR FOR S18

Itsmyshow
38789.jpg

Please stick around tonight for post-drinks, I’ll have a small announcement to make soon.

Wow... Wasn't expecting this. Thanks guys, bloody stoked to win an award named after a Hawks legend in wce_all_da_way and again with so many club legends and this season exciting youngsters in the mix. Tarkyn_24 as always is a huge influence on the team and without question the influence of @Mr_Eagle and larrikin this season cannot be questioned. But I have really enjoyed the emergence of the new players. Rendered Unsafe has been phenomenal, as has @Captain_Awkward scaryness Clint Beastwood fabfill and everyone really.

Finally, a massive thanks to Karnezis_13 who had a big job to fill this season and was fantastic, his recruiting efforts to bring these new players into the team and then motivate them to not only contribute but drive others into the game threads was outstanding. Thanks for the season Karney, I'm damn proud of ya son.

Thanks again guys and most importantly.

#geauxhawks

Just going to make a small speech..

What a season this has been, it's my first real season considering I was quite inactive last season and boy do I wish I actually was active last season. First things first, congratulations to all who have won awards but also a bigger congratulations to everyone who is a part of this great club. Realistically none of this is possible without everyone putting in the effort 7 days a week, 35+ weeks a year and maintaining a social life :D.

To our captain, what a great season you have provided. Been a great season 'working' under you and next year can only get better, keep up the good work because you have done a great job and it's been very enjoyable. Have a great graduation, formal and go have an awesome week at schoolies, trust me it's great fun when you're stumbling back to an apartment at 3am and find friends from school doing the same. ;)

To everyone else, cheers for a good season and being a great bunch of people, have a couple of weeks off - see the sun, go socialize, etc ;) and get stuck back into season 19 it promises to be a big year.

Cheers and see you all in season 19.

As for the announcement, well there's no easy way to say this, so I'll go ahead and say it. I'm retiring.

The leadership group knows this, IMS in particular has for a little while. I'll do up a thread after this but I want to say a few words to you guys first. I'm ad libbing this so guaranteed to forget something.

What a fantastic club. It's a bizarre thing to say for an online forum group of posters, but I mean that with all legitimacy. The way which we can all be comfortable in the team setting is outstanding. To IMS in particular, absolutely lit the way for me through my entire career, I would've been anywhere near the poster I was without you having recruited me. To Mr Eagle, Dagless, Tarks, all the leadership group I've been involved with, you've saved me from making horrible decisions weekly and for that I thank you. :D To all the past leaders of the Hawks; Wally, Biggie, boncer; you made it what it is today. I can joke about you tonight boncer34 but know that in no way does this club depreciate your efforts. If you've taken it that way, know that it is not the case. An ex-club, in my opinion, has the right to rib their ex-players; was this particular case too far? Perhaps. Either way, sincere thank yous for helping make this club what it is.

But mostly to the players themselves. From larrikin who's been a constant for my time in the team to Captain Awkward who's been new here but resembles so much of what the club's about. I couldn't have done my job without you lot and you'll conduct the club excellently without me.

I want to tag individual posters from other teams; guys like BoshtrichBurger, my right hand man for my time in this league; but I'll miss far too many.

I've got no idea what else to say so #geauxhawks and good luck for the forthcoming seasons.

Karny out. Apart from my thread which will likely be a massive pisstake when I make it so get in there and pay me out.

As for the announcement, well there's no easy way to say this, so I'll go ahead and say it. I'm retiring.

The leadership group knows this, IMS in particular has for a little while. I'll do up a thread after this but I want to say a few words to you guys first. I'm ad libbing this so guaranteed to forget something.

What a fantastic club. It's a bizarre thing to say for an online forum group of posters, but I mean that with all legitimacy. The way which we can all be comfortable in the team setting is outstanding. To IMS in particular, absolutely lit the way for me through my entire career, I would've been anywhere near the poster I was without you having recruited me. To Mr Eagle, Dagless, Tarks, all the leadership group I've been involved with, you've saved me from making horrible decisions weekly and for that I thank you. :D To all the past leaders of the Hawks; Wally, Biggie, boncer; you made it what it is today. I can joke about you tonight boncer34 but know that in no way does this club depreciate your efforts. If you've taken it that way, know that it is not the case. An ex-club, in my opinion, has the right to rib their ex-players; was this particular case too far? Perhaps. Either way, sincere thank yous for helping make this club what it is.

But mostly to the players themselves. From larrikin who's been a constant for my time in the team to Captain Awkward who's been new here but resembles so much of what the club's about. I couldn't have done my job without you lot and you'll conduct the club excellently without me.

I want to tag individual posters from other teams; guys like BoshtrichBurger, my right hand man for my time in this league; but I'll miss far too many.

I've got no idea what else to say so #geauxhawks and good luck for the forthcoming seasons.

Karny out. Apart from my thread which will likely be a massive pisstake when I make it so get in there and pay me out.
:(

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO :(

Oh I see what you are doing.. you're doing a Tarkyn_24.. see you next season mate. ;)

In all seriousness, please drop in and say hi.. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7VeV1Eh.gif

:(

It's weird to say this because as you said, its an online forum for a footy sim, I am legitimately saddened by that Karnezis_13

I'll always be grateful for the fact you bought me into this league. :thumbsu: Good luck with your post-qooty life, may it be filled with many cruisers and T-Swiz concerts.

It's a sad announcement no doubt. Karney will remain on the list (with his blessing) and of course we will all hope that time and whatever else needs to happen so that we may see the return of everyone's favourite two legged horse.

We will miss you Karney, make no mistake.

In the meantime, the show must go on. Information will become available in the coming days on the process of the selection of the next captain of the East Side Hawks. In the meantime, the leadership group will remain in place. If you have any questions, please shoot a message to one or all of Mr Eagle, Tarks, Dagless or myself.

We will remain a united force.

#geauxhawks

Stoked to get some recognition in what was an inconsistent season at my new club! Onwards in upwards for next season!

But on a more serious note, I am shocked and saddened to hear Karnezis_13 is retiring. Life can get in the way at times, and it certainly has for me this season with a new full-time job. But hopefully you can find a work/life/sim balance and come on back soon mate, as you're a major reason why I chose to play for the Hawks over other clubs trying to lure me.

All the best mate, and hope to see you back very soon! :thumbsu:

A gentlemen and a scholar. Sad to see you go Karny but you know what they say about the SFA. They made a song about it

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax, " said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave!

;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back