Official Team Thread East Side Hawks - Season 18 Team Thread

postingg.PNG

Yep - not much to say. A good week of posting topped off by a good win versus Vegas. IMS was in full flight and ably backed up by Atley, those two together were under the skin of the opponents all week. I contributed my best tally of the season to date and Tarks was all around the thread too. Clint managed to fit in a sweet seventeen among all those cruisers and fairy bread; Dags was toying with the Vegasians; and RU strutted his stuff. Agar, WTS, larri, Mr E, scaryness all popped in.

And yet the saddest fall from grace story in all the SFA continues. Young GutsyBug, once a Hawks dynamo, an up-and-comer, much-loved, much-adored, 100,000,000 screaming fans.... now sits with 2 posts from 35 days of Qooty, relegated to increasingly less prominent positions. Will he come back to the highs of his outstanding debut season, where his passion for the Hawks was unbridled??? This is a plea :'(

Anyway we're also seventh on the ladder, at 3-2, our percentage is shocking though. Let's bury these Warriors pretenders by 100+ and burst up into the four [possibly]. Geaux. Hawks.

Yknow' what! Tarkyn_24 Have full forward back please! I would like the midfield now! :p

1 Goal and 1 Kick was all I got this week.
You thought you had a choice? You were always getting kicked out after that performance! :p

You thought you had a choice? You were always getting kicked out after that performance! :p
You should have seen me reading that match just then! 'OH THERES MY NAME! OH FK I GOT TACKLED! OH THER- NOPE TACKLED! OH TH- NOPE TACKLED... THERE I AM! GOAL GOAL GOAL!'

I'm liking CHB a lot. Getting amongst it a lot more.

You can swing me forward though if needed. I think I kicked 3 last time I played forward.

Captain Awkward

Take a walk
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
A heartbreaking loss. :(

On a positive note, I've been improving on a weekly basis. A fortnight ago I managed one decent quarter. Last week I managed a good first half. This week I played good 3 quarters before going missing in the last, so I'm obviously building up that tank. Due for a huge game next week. ;)

That was a tough match thread to get motivated to post in. Every time I came in, there seemed to be about 10 pages on Atley so I just let him do all the work. He more than held his own, the opposition became obsessed with replying to him so he played his role perfectly. :thumbsu:

Jun 2, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
GWS
To celebrate Heritage Round, here is the previously unwritten (until this afternoon when I wrote it in another thread) history of the club that came before us...

East Side will be celebrating the qootballing history of Waverley Park, by paying homage to its most notable former tenant and the inspiration for the formation of the present-day club.

The Eastern Side of Waverley Football Club was a major force in early Victorian qooty, winning several premierships in the old Victorian Regional National District Qootball League.

The club took its name from the location of its clubrooms, which apparently were somewhere to the east of Waverley Park. Club officials insisted that the exact location should never be publicly known, to add a sense of mystique and to ensure that, for years thereafter, idiots would ask where exactly the club was located. Known informally over the years as the Keyboards, the Budgies and the Casserole Dishes, the club settled on a Hawk mascot after a former club president, The Rt Hon Harry 'Sideways' Milliband, one day observed how much merchandise you could sell with a decent nickname.

The club used several variations on both green & gold and blue & gold stripes for its jumpers, but its greatest run of success came in the design that will be worn by East Side this weekend. Between seasons -22 and -13, the club won 6 VRNDQL premierships, including an unprecedented back-to-back-to-back effort between seasons -17 and -15.

esh_heritage.gif

The financial turmoil that engulfed qootball in the early days of sporting professionalism put a sad end to the VRNDQL, with only the Hawks and three other clubs able to participate by season -3, which led to the league's demise.

But the Illuminati had other plans for the team they'd been sponsoring as part of their plans for total control of the world's major financial and political institutions, and the East Side Football Club came forth as the club's spiritual successor in season 4 of the SFA.

"Casserole Dish Determination!" lives on in the modern Hawks, and the club is proud to this week honour the memory of everyone who played at their home ground in years past.

(Except the opposition sides, obviously.)

posterz.PNG

Wow. We really clicked that week. Killed it.

300 posts says we absolutely held our own and 15 individual posters is sterling stuff. Lunchlady Doris returned to the fold - speaking of which Doris any interest in changing from full back or enjoying the blanket jobs down there? - as did Pie in the Sky and Matt121.

Atley - wow - that's uncurbed enthusiasm right there. 71 posts is a massive effort, make sure you're selective with your posts too ;). Makes the man our #1 poster quantitatively for the season so far.

Rendered Unsafe also absolutely pulling one out of the bag with 52 posts, we'll have to get you a run in the midfield this week; larrikin was in fine form too and perhaps it's time for him to rock the ruck for a few weeks again.

Then we've got Clint Beastwood knocking off his PB yet again alongside Tarks and the like consistently performing, plus Captain Awkward having a terrific rookie season (I finally remembered to include him on the posting sheet too!) it's one of the most promising weeks we've had all season.

We've now had 19 posters post in match threads this season which means they're all getting games; the 20th player getting a game is TRAWP as despite his absence it is known that he will blaze back into the SFA for a (hopefully longer-lived) comeback soon.

All in all outstanding guys, outstanding. Pity we couldn't pull it off on-field.

MVP VOTES IN PM TO ME, PLS.

Rendered Unsafe also absolutely pulling one out of the bag with 52 posts, we'll have to get you a run in the midfield this week; larrikin was in fine form too and perhaps it's time for him to rock the ruck for a few weeks again.
You had me at hello

Back