FTA-TV Eastbound and Down

Remove this Banner Ad

1st ep was good, 2nd ep was an absolute crackup. Really enjoyed the interactions wih Ferell's car dealer character in the 2nd ep.

and the speech at the school dance was Gold. :D

Just a pure in your face character. Hope it keeps it up. :thumbsu:

Simply an amazing show to watch - substitute Wayne Carey and it's totally aussie..

How funny is this s**t!!

Just watched all of season 1 back to back :) Ending set up nicely for the second season, can't wait (to see more of April's rack :eek:)

This would be the most under rated fresh TV series to come out this year, as evidenced by the lack of replies on this thread.

Have the first episode but haven't watched it yet.

Why is the first season only 6 episodes? Strange, even for a HBO series.

Have the first episode but haven't watched it yet.

Why is the first season only 6 episodes? Strange, even for a HBO series.
I believe it's all HBO were prepared to order. The 6 eps works well though, you'll see why at end of ep6.

Fawlty Towers also only ran 6 eps per season, maybe it's the right approach for a perfect sitcom?

Finally got around to watching the first couple of episodes.

What a steaming pile of crap this show is, I seriously cannot find any redeeming features whatsoever. The acting is shithouse and cliche, the writing is "Australian sketch comedy" dumb, all the characters are annoyingly irritating, every scene is blatantly predictable, and the attempted humour is not even remotely funny on any level.

The atrocious show Matt Tilley created with the Warney character ripoff was actually better than this rubbish... that's how bad Eastbound and Down is.

Hard to believe HBO would sulley their reputation with a show of this quality.

Anyone with an IQ over 50 should steer well clear of this.

Finally got around to watching the first couple of episodes.

What a steaming pile of crap this show is, I seriously cannot find any redeeming features whatsoever. The acting is shithouse and cliche, the writing is "Australian sketch comedy" dumb, all the characters are annoyingly irritating, every scene is blatantly predictable, and the attempted humour is not even remotely funny on any level.

The atrocious show Matt Tilley created with the Warney character ripoff was actually better than this rubbish... that's how bad Eastbound and Down is.

Hard to believe HBO would sulley their reputation with a show of this quality.

Anyone with an IQ over 50 should steer well clear of this.

Dont take it so seriously, its not meant to be "the wire"

This show is awesome and has many great characters and scenes.

Steve Janowski lmao

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont take it so seriously, its not meant to be "the wire"

Who the **** is comparing it to The Wire?

I am comparing it to the "brilliance" of Australian sketch comedy shows like Comedy Inc, and that similarly themed Matt Tilley abomination of a show... and it still comes up short.

This show is not funny or entertaining on ANY level... it is just a bloke being obnoxious in a blatantly predictable way. The quality of writing on Double Take sure has to be more witty and intelligent than this rubbish.

Who the **** is comparing it to The Wire?

I am comparing it to the "brilliance" of Australian sketch comedy shows like Comedy Inc, and that similarly themed Matt Tilley abomination of a show... and it still comes up short.

This show is not funny or entertaining on ANY level... it is just a bloke being obnoxious in a blatantly predictable way. The quality of writing on Double Take sure has to be more witty and intelligent than this rubbish.

I think its brilliant and Kenny Powers is a gold character.

Maybe it says more about you preferring the likes of Double s**t than it does about this show?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgDaVLCaBzQ

Maybe it says more about you preferring the likes of Double s**t than it does about this show?

Double s**t is one of the worst shows on television... and Eastbound and Down is in the same league.

Says more about your IQ than my taste.

Double s**t is one of the worst shows on television... and Eastbound and Down is in the same league.

Says more about your IQ than my taste.

LOL at comparing an aussie sketch show on 7 with a HBO production.

They gave it another season so obviously they think your taste is s**t aswell.

Hilarious show!, just finished the 1st season, So many good one liners. hahaha

A must see.:thumbsu:

Also, anyone notice how April looked slightly chubbier in the pilot ep? When the show got picked up she must of jogged her chubby ass from a 12 to a 10. haha Cos in the rest of the season she just looks smoking.

Just watched ep 1 on showcase on Foxtel (not into the downloading). McBride is a genius. I think this will go down as a classic eventually.

Just stumbled across this show, absolute gold. Kenny Powers is a classic!!

[youtube]qtM8hyxFAjo[/youtube]

Here's a new skit he did.

Season 2 premiers sept 26th

Hilarious show

Just watched the first episode of Season 2.

Sets up the season perfectly.

'Chapter 3: Fun s**t to do at Night in Mexico'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back