Preview Easter Monday blockbuster - Geelong v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone with an account on HUN... Gerard Healy is going to be on at 3:30pm today for a Q&A to discuss the Geelong and Hawks game.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...d-5-footy-action/story-fni5f8ge-1226887696466

Would be pretty funny if someone posted a comment about whether his win loss ratio as a player vs the Hawks influences his comments through the media... seems to always be jumping on us whenever given the chance.

I remember someone posting something earlier, was something like 2 wins and 18 losses or more... please edit for accuracy if you know.

I sent a post through but doubt that it will make it as its moderated before put up.

I get absolutely nothing done in the week leading up to a Hawthorn v Geelong match. Everything else in my life fades into a muffled, greyscale blur whilst everything about this game is a super bright ray of brown, gold, blue and white light burning my retina.

Absolutely love it but I hope someone has been feeding my dog...

Assuming that Guthrie will be tagging who would you recommend he tag. Mitchell is the obvious choice but I reckon he will go to either Hill or Smith.

If I was Geelong I would tag Smith.

I usually spend this entire Easter weekend at the National Folk Festival (that would be in Canberra) which is typically all hippies, hipster beards, mulled wine and banjos/ukeleles etc. But all the while, my inner footy bogan is churning, just waiting for Monday arvo when I sneak out of the music-fest to catch the game, (with beer in a glass schooner - not plastic) at a local footy club. Good times.

I usually spend this entire Easter weekend at the National Folk Festival (that would be in Canberra) which is typically all hippies, hipster beards, mulled wine and banjos/ukeleles etc. But all the while, my inner footy bogan is churning, just waiting for Monday arvo when I sneak out of the music-fest to catch the game, (with beer in a glass schooner - not plastic) at a local footy club. Good times.

Deni Blues Fest for me. Driving back Monday morning to make the game though. She doesn't know it yet but my wife is doing the driving. It's only fair after she booked ill timed flights last Easter that had me watching the first half with the father in law hanging s**t at every opportunity and the 2nd in a bar in Adelaide airport! :eek:

I sent a post through but doubt that it will make it as its moderated before put up.

It got posted:
Hi Gerard,

I was wondering if your playing record against Hawthorn (3 wins 15 losses) impacts the way that you tend to not give them much credit over the last few years?
  • Discussions1
  • Likes0

• 43cc9277-a5f4-4eda-8212-95f3159f170c.jpg

Gerard Healy
    You've done a lot more research on it than I have. I'm not sure how much credit someone can give them. I tipped them to win in 2008 (one of few people to do so!)

This is not a white flag, but mondays game doesn't really mean a great deal. Like you guys did last year its winning the knockout game (which will happen) that counts.

Gerard Healy
    You've done a lot more research on it than I have. I'm not sure how much credit someone can give them. I tipped them to win in 2008 (one of few people to do so!)
Amazing. Even when he tries to give us a compliment he still comes off sounding like a massive tool.

It got posted:
Hi Gerard,

I was wondering if your playing record against Hawthorn (3 wins 15 losses) impacts the way that you tend to not give them much credit over the last few years?
  • Discussions1
  • Likes0

Gerard Healy

Am i reading that incorrectly, or is he saying Hawthorn shouldn't be getting too much credit?

It got posted:
Hi Gerard,

• Discussions1
  • Likes0

Gerard Healy
Can that be verified? Where was he working in 2008 that would have his tip still published online?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow! Just heard on the radio that Josh Caddy will miss up to two months with a foot injury :eek: Hurt it at training today apparently.

That's not good news - hate hearing players are out for extended time, especially when they had been playing well prior to the injury

That's not good news - hate hearing players are out for extended time, especially when they had been playing well prior to the injury
He's been pretty average lately. Weak link in my supercoach team!

Opposition player getting injured is bad news? o_O

The week after they play us, maybe.

Opposition player getting injured is bad news? o_O

The week after they play us, maybe.
Yeah Bosk. We all do the PC thing and say we'd rather beat them at full strength etc, but deep down, when we think no one is looking.. we quietly go... "YES!". And having said that, might I just say what a shame it is that Caddy can't make it on Monday. I reckon the naming of Mackie is pure scam - he'll be a late withdrawal - imagine him trying to run down Cyril with that dodgy hammy.

Yeah Bosk. We all do the PC thing and say we'd rather beat them at full strength etc, but deep down, when we think no one is looking.. we quietly go... "YES!". And having said that, might I just say what a shame it is that Caddy can't make it on Monday. I reckon the naming of Mackie is pure scam - he'll be a late withdrawal - imagine him trying to run down Cyril with that dodgy hammy.
Spot on. He will no doubt be a late change. AFL webiste had him on the injured list out for 2-3

Hallahan, Lake, Anderson, McEvoy and Stratton in.....for Shiels and Spangher
Anderson named? Surely he isn't right to go, ploy to throw sand in the eyes in the Handbaggers?

Also surprising to see Lake given the nod. Doesn't mean he'll actually line up on the seniors mind you, but even so.

If you read into the order of names on the bench of the team sheet then it looks like Anderson, Ceglar and Lake will be omitted from the 25 man squad which seems likely.

Effectively makes it...
OUT: Ceglar, Shiels, Spangher
IN: McEvoy, Hallahan, Stratton

Which is about what we expected really.

Duryea or Cheney might still go out for Lake depending on if he plays at BH on Saturday or not.

Anderson would be unlikely but not unwelcomed if he is indeed ready.

Very very interesting
Stratts is a certain in. Even named in the starting line-up so that's done and dusted. 100% in
Same for Big Mac. He's named on the bench but so is Ceglar. Straight swap me thinks. 85%
As for Anderson, I would be flabbergasted if he is named. As far as I know, he has played about one full quarter since the VFL grand final last year due to illness/injury. Also, after doing his shoulder a couple of weeks ago in the VFL and missing last week, I didn't even know he was fit.... 10%

Lake and Hallahan? Who knows. Maybe 50% for Lake and 30% for Boxer.

Only person I can see dropped is Doc who I think has been ok but a few on here want him dropped and he is on the extended bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back